Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bethesda have confirmed they will be hosting their first ever E3 conference in June this year.

Has to be Fallout 4 riiiiiiight? Announcement for a teaser of a trailer of a game to be released in 2016 and then pushed back to 2017.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'd think they'd need to show something pretty massive to be hosting it, so hopefully we'll see some actual game footage.

A trailer, with a release in less than 12 months ideally :)

A 2015 release would be claaaaaaaassssss! Should be something special with their own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hoping for a Christmas 2015 release, expecting Autumn 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hoping for announcement....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bastards! why cant they just tell us now what it is and show us gameplay footage than at E3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

look at us, getting excited at a potential announcement of a teaser trailer for a game that will be released in >=12 months, in four months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That was a big problem last year and 2013 at E3, announcing games that won't be out till mid 2015 never mind ready after all the updates. Games should not be announced more than 18 months before release imo. They should be near finished by the time they announce them for the first time. Imagine some new IP that looks new and fresh is announced at E3'15 for the first time and is sitting on the shelves November 2015. That would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

This is the only game that will get me as excited as I was for GTA V, and probably about 100 times more too. I know they have to build up the excitement and all, but it's soul destroying having to wait for just a tidbit of an announcement that a game will probably be coming in 2017 :(

Leave any online element out of it too, Bethesda, I'm warning you! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Fallout 4 and a new Elder Scrolls game.

My minds tellin' me nooooooooooooooooooo, but ma baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawdy, my baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawdy's tellin' me yeeeeeeees.

• Advertisement

Hahaha you can't help but sing it in his voice :D

Elder Scrolls online will be going subscription free on next gen June 9th so nothing really new to announce there and would be really surprised if they announced Elder Scrolls 6 along with Fallout 4. I can't wait to see what a next gen fallout will look/play like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hahaha you can't help but sing it in his voice :D

Elder Scrolls online will be going subscription free on next gen June 9th so nothing really new to announce there and would be really surprised if they announced Elder Scrolls 6 along with Fallout 4. I can't wait to see what a next gen fallout will look/play like.

Well there goes a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Fallout 4, WiiU exclusive calling it now. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd take a FO3/NV reissue for One/Ps4 to tide me over until the next instalment :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

calex71 wrote: »
    I'd take a FO3/NV reissue for One/Ps4 to tide me over until the next instalment :o

Same here , seeing as I can't play them on my ps3 anymore because it died and they crash constantly on my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Fallout: Mobile for iOS & Android :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Duggy747 wrote: »

I just threw up a little...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Duggy747 wrote: »

Hmmmmmmm given the advances in second screen tech I'd not be surprised to see a pipboy companion app for them.

You could just tape the phone to your wrist :pac:

calex71 wrote: »

If there was ever a recent game a remastered version would be welcomed it would be Fallout.

The engine was already past it before 3 came out and it obviously suffered immense bugs and issues.

Thinking how quickly they released TLoU and how others were needlessly rehashed, it would be welcomed in this instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

If there was ever a recent game a remastered version would be welcomed it would be Fallout.

The engine was already past it before 3 came out and it obviously suffered immense bugs and issues.

Thinking how quickly they released TLoU and how others were needlessly rehashed, it would be welcomed in this instance.

I'd imagine a remastered version would essentially be a full new build, given the engine age and how creaky it was. Unless there's no F4 planned for a long time, I can't imagine this would be a goer tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

All this talk has got me dusting off Fallout 3 for another run through

The 'ping' sound effect from Lincoln's Repeater triggers so many memories :D

cqhncV1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The Skyrim engine was about 300% better in fairness. Never once did I have to force reset the console.

I really was hoping for another PS3 fallout on that engine but doesn't look likely now.

x43r0 wrote: »
    All this talk has got me dusting off Fallout 3 for another run through

The 'ping' sound effect from Lincoln's Repeater triggers so many memories :D

So I got really into this playthrough and went down the 'Perfect Character' route which is a lot of fun getting all S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes to ten and all skills to 100

Anywho, the 3-Dog voice guy has been tweeting again. Expect an E3 announcement i'd say

https://twitter.com/ETDellums/status/579478260888834048

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I had a sneaking suspicion we'd see this bumped on April fools day but that does look promising^

Thargor wrote: »
    I had a sneaking suspicion we'd see this bumped on April fools day but that does look promising^

Ah no, that's more HL3 style :p

Luckily the tweet was from a week or so ago

I won't believe anything until i see it at e3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I won't believe anything until I've got it locked in an iron grip in my hands as I run, laughing deliriously like a mad man, to the car park to race home.

The Beta video going around looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The Beta video going around looks class.

Why?! Why would you say that and NOT provide a link? Absolute tease...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You know how I feel when this thread gets bumped up and it has ZERO information on next fallout? Same as those moaning feckers in Half-life 3 thread. :pac:

Advertisement