Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Vault Dwellers Guide is back in stock on amazon, I think it was this thread yesterday where people were looking for them.

I got the hardcover one the other day. I love that kind of sh!t, comes with 7 SPECIAL stickers and a giant map of the commonwealth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Theirs a funny bug in the PC version where if you have 2 or more graphics cards in sli or crossfire mode the main characters of the game turn black. Just the head goes black. Happened on my machine funny as hell.
    https://i.imgur.com/GefTjzX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

x43r0 wrote: »
    I got the hardcover one the other day. I love that kind of sh!t, comes with 7 SPECIAL stickers and a giant map of the commonwealth

Did u get it on amazon? Would prefer to pick it up over here if any of the shops have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Did u get it on amazon? Would prefer to pick it up over here if any of the shops have it.

Yeah Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Basswizard wrote: »
    If there are any argos reservation codes going spare for Fallout on ps4 in dublin city centre it would be greatly appreciated, I know im clutching at straws here but ive been trying everything to pick this up...

I booked one at the 56 Euro price in Jervis but haven't got a text to say it's in stock yet. I picked it up in GameSpot instead yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Hit my first very noticeable frame rate drop.
    Leaving Diamond City in the lift, frame rate plummeted.

I have 8 people in my settlement now but I have found no benefit from settlements I might just forget about them. Is there any benefits? Just seems like a place to store my power armour and display my bobbleheads and magazines.

BenK wrote: »
    Got my copy from Gameseek early this morning (delivered to Parcel Motel) so hopefully you will get it soon too!

Thanks
    I guess i can do more grown up things later and free up more time for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Misky that code you posted yesterday for the Prima guide does that work for the physical edition as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Starlight drive is under attack but every time I go it crashes with a nvidia kernel error. Sigh :(

EDIT: nevermind sorted the issue with an optimisation. Just noticed that a settler just jumped into my power armour and ran off to fight the raiders. If she wastes my power core I'll kill her and her whole settlement! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Forgot to mention there is a hidden power core "under" concord but it's guarded by a pretty formidable foe in a confined space.

Oh right... My formidable foe got stuck at the start of that entrance while I threw Molotovs at my leisure from above! Must have look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

PetKing wrote: »
    Oh right... My formidable foe got stuck at the start of that entrance while I threw Molotovs at my leisure from above! Must have look.

There's also a hidden power core under the red rocket garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

When you build structures in Sanctuary, is there a way to make it 'yours' or can any Tom, Dick and Harry walk into it? A problem with the inside is when you've built a number of them together they've got big bars down the inside. I know it's the wasteland and you should be grateful for what you have, but it'd be nice to be able to move them out of the way to create bigger rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

rizzla wrote: »
    Hit my first very noticeable frame rate drop.
    Leaving Diamond City in the lift, frame rate plummeted.

I have 8 people in my settlement now but I have found no benefit from settlements I might just forget about them. Is there any benefits? Just seems like a place to store my power armour and display my bobbleheads and magazines.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The base building in this is utter garbage and apparently doesn't have any real advantage.

I'm just pretending it doesn't exist at all and playing the game like it should be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finally got to play this today, 8 hours in and not disappointed, rest of the week off work as well :D

Got a nice red and black hotrod flames paint job on my power armor now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love looting plungers. Still have to find one that will do the jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That carvega (sp?) Car plant place is crazy. Clear a few raiders they said, be grand they said. I think it might have been a secret grenade factory by the way they get thrown around!

Found a creepy shack with 2 mannequins and a toy monkey in a bed. Placed skulls and flowers. Was enjoying mystery before a fecking rad scorpion pops up under my feet. As overpowered as i feel with my ton of weapons, the wasteland can wreck you anytime it wants.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That carvega (sp?) Car plant place is crazy. Clear a few raiders they said, be grand they said. I think it might have been a secret grenade factory by the way they get thrown around!

I've notice that once you go somewhere they send you off to kill raiders. Hopefully this is just a level-builder thingy and you get more meaty tasks the further you venture inland.

Must say I'm loving this. It's my first fallout and im not disappointed. Pity the inventory system is probably one of the worst I've ever seen though. Won't even allow me to sort weapons by ammo type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp quests are tame so far and yupp i really hope there's a patch to fix the inventory. The weapons and armour are completely all over the place, I'm fairly sure i have better equipment sitting in my inventory.

I've notice that once you go somewhere they send you off to kill raiders. Hopefully this is just a level-builder thingy and you get more meaty tasks the further you venture inland.

Just you wait.

Just you wait.

Haha, just bust myself laughing at that. What a reply. I look forward to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Ive spent the day just literally wandering around, I have discovered so many locations and still only have 3 main quests complete!

Ive ventured down south below vault 111, lots of woods and raider camps, having fun clearing those out and looting everything and dumping my loot back in sanctuary.

I am not seeing alot of point in building settlements but maybe I will get more into that aspect.

Really enjoying aimless wandering with my Big Jim wrench and 10mm gun, sorted!

I think the settlements start providing you with currency once you have it built up. The amount depending on how many citizens it has. Haven't gotten that far yet though but I sure could do with more money (and ammo! ... and HP..and armour.. and.. Well you get the idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

They should really explain some things better, like at no point does it say how to step out of power armour, rather than just taking it off. Nor does it explain VATs I don't think?

BKtje wrote: »
    I think the settlements start providing you with currency once you have it built up. The amount depending on how many citizens it has. Haven't gotten that far yet though but I sure could do with more money (and ammo! ... and HP..and armour.. and.. Well you get the idea)

That's exactly what it's used for. I'm level 20 and one of my major sources of ammo is Diamond City and I can tell you even with points in barter it's still brutal.

Major annoyance now is having to drop stuff to salvage it , you should be able to do that from a workbench menu???? Or am I just missing something obvious:confused:

Major annoyance now is having to drop stuff to salvage it , you should be able to do that from a workbench menu???? Or am I just missing something obvious:confused:

Stash all your junk away and the game auto salvages it when you build something with those requirements (you get a notification in top corner saying "Duct Tape Removed" for adhesive for example).

NOTE ABOUT THIS THOUGH: IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LOT OF STUFF STASHED IN THE WORK BENCH IT WILL BREAK ANY ITEM TO GET THE REQUIREMENTS. For example, if you have a gold watch and just need the steel the game will salvage the steel and the gold part is gone. The ONLY way to get passed this is to drop the item and salvage like you would the cars and sh*t around Sanctuary. This is a known bug and I will imagine will be modded soon.

EDIT: by workbench I mean wherever you stash all your junk. For me that's the power armor spot in Sanctuary (because when I fast travel I spawn at it). I also have two additional cupboards, one that stores armor and the other that stores weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They should really explain some things better, like at no point does it say how to step out of power armour, rather than just taking it off. Nor does it explain VATs I don't think?

I had to google how to get out of the Power Armour earlier, I could only remove the extra parts of it but not step out of it. It was never explained.

I think VATs was explained very quickly but not in any detail.

Advertisement