Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys can anyone recommend a good starting build. Never really played any previous Fallout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Im in the same boat with some of the controls. I think their general consensus was "Ah everyones played Fallout sure, be granddd!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

If you guys need help with anything on the PC version, give me a shout on steam and I'll sort you out. I'm 16 hours in.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys can anyone recommend a good starting build. Never really played any previous Fallout

I made a post yesterday regarding this - check my post history. I personally suggest high charisma with enough in intelligence and agility for lockpicking and hacking. Rest is up to you (gunslinger/science are very good too)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anyone bought the guide in a shop instead of online? I want to get my hands on a physical one by the weekend gamestop is only place I can think of just wondering can u just walk in and buy one no issues or are they short stock like seems to be online?

Has anyone bought the guide in a shop instead of online? I want to get my hands on a physical one by the weekend gamestop is only place I can think of just wondering can u just walk in and buy one no issues or are they short stock like seems to be online?

I think Easons used to stock the Prima guides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I think Easons used to stock the Prima guides.

I looked online today no where in Dublin seem to have stock.

I looked online today no where in Dublin seem to have stock.

What about Amazon then and use Parcel Motel. Might have it Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Spent the last 40 minutes trying to build a mansion of a house at Sanctuary. One of the girls got into my bed and started sleeping.

Demolished the whole thing for scrap.

If I can't have it. Nobody can.

Question about the 'Pull the plug' mission. Did it ages ago does the
    water ever drain away
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This game is just too much fun! killing raiders, building stuff and being confused with the inventory... i mean i think ive the strongest armor but its hard to tell. Had a grand 12 hour blast of it today and only want to turn it back on and play through the night but herselfs home :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

water ever drain away
    :confused:
    No. I got bored and left. I came back to it hours later and it never drained for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

How are people getting the cryolator? I've tried countless a countless amount of times to get dogmeat to find something in the office and it has never worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, not really into the whole build a house/town thing either.

I know it's a post-apocalyptic setting but I couldn't be arsed putting in the time to build a shack with a rusty corrugated roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah it does, completely empties and is full of something something.

Wing126 wrote:
    How are people getting the cryolator? I've tried countless a countless amount of times to get dogmeat to find something in the office and it has never worked.

I just did it now. Talked to him, asked him to find items whilst standing beside the cryolater and he went and got it for me.

Came across another bug with a random NPC I encountered with a cow, offer to buy it and the dialogue cuts out and she walks away :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Came across another bug with a random NPC I encountered with a cow, offer to buy it and the dialogue cuts out and she walks away :confused:

Probably cause she knew what you wanted it for ;)

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That carvega (sp?) Car plant place is crazy. Clear a few raiders they said, be grand they said. I think it might have been a secret grenade factory by the way they get thrown around!

Found a creepy shack with 2 mannequins and a toy monkey in a bed. Placed skulls and flowers. Was enjoying mystery before a fecking rad scorpion pops up under my feet. As overpowered as i feel with my ton of weapons, the wasteland can wreck you anytime it wants.

Fright I got the first time a Rad scorpion came through the ground.

Still jump every time they pop out tbh :P

How do you pick a lock ? I've broken all the pins I've found so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Apologies if asked already but anyone get their copy from gameseek?

• Advertisement

I rang GameStop today (Charlestown) asking did they stock them, they do but they didn't have stock. Give henry street a ring, they have the most stock of that sort so probably your best chance.

Ordered my hardback copy off amazon earlier through PM. Will hopefully have it in time for some sessions on the weekend! :)

Damo 2k9 wrote:
    Ordered my hardback copy off amazon earlier through PM. Will hopefully have it in time for some sessions on the weekend!

Collected my one this evening. It's awesome especially the gigantic wall map!

I have "Help defend Settlement" as an objective, but there's nothing attacking it :S

Edit: Stood there a minute or two and got raided by a bunch of ghouls...

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Collected my one this evening. It's awesome especially the gigantic wall map!

Good to hear!! Straight onto the wall ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

http://youtu.be/kyKsOY2jMig

This will explain it easiar than my rambling will haha its just practice and taking your time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Find a novice lock. You can turn the pin to whatever angle you want around the lock. Then tap the button to attempt to pick it. If it gets stuck and wiggles, stop what you are doing. If it turns properly, keep going. It might get half way before starting to stick so you need to release the turn and adjust it slightly left or right.

Some of the limiitations with building really annoy me...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got mine earlier from Gameseek. Been playing for around 6 hours, and 4 hours of that was scrapping everything in Sanctuary. Trees, cabinets, fences, mailboxes, nothing was safe! :D

Now I should probably start killing stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Apologies if asked already but anyone get their copy from gameseek?

You won't have it until Friday at the earliest. I ordered from Gameseek also but didn't want to wait so picked up a copy in Argos yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

martyos121 wrote: »
    Got mine earlier from Gameseek. Been playing for around 6 hours, and 4 hours of that was scrapping everything in Sanctuary. Trees, cabinets, fences, mailboxes, nothing was safe! :D

Now I should probably start killing stuff...
    How do you do that? Not getting an option to scrap /take when I look/line up stuff

Advertisement