Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Apologies if asked already but anyone get their copy from gameseek?

aye, i got mine yesterday from parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OSI wrote: »
    SOAB!

I have 10 points in Charisma level 1 already :D oh well I'll slot them in further down as I go on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I guess fov issue. It can be bad on pcs, but usually on tv narrow 60 degree fov works unless he is playing on monitor and up close.

Yes so I gather. I've tried playing third person, I play in a well lit room, good distance from the tv, also tried playing it up close. I've tried chewing gum and chewing ginger while playing it (thanks google) and tried changing the camera sensitivity. Still makes me feel like I'm gonna throw up.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

I've had 3 crashes leaving the Museum in Concord on the PS4. Very frustrating.

Yes so I gather. I've tried playing third person, I play in a well lit room, good distance from the tv, also tried playing it up close. I've tried chewing gum and chewing ginger while playing it (thanks google) and tried changing the camera sensitivity. Still makes me feel like I'm gonna throw up.

I got motion sickness really bad with Dishonoured. Could only play for 30 minutes before I had to turn it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

20 hours in and still feel like I haven't even scratched the surface. Pretty incredible.

The below is a gameplay spoiler do NOT read if you want to play blind.
    Brotherhood of Steel questline has been spectacular so far. It literally coincides with the main storyline.

Seems dog meat is just like my dog, turned my back on him to access a terminal and when I looked back he was busy chewing on a childs teddy :pac:

No idea where he got it , didn't tell him to find anything, couple of times now I've noticed that and it disappears after a few seconds.

Oh give him welding glasses !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Don't tell me you can equip clothes on him???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Seems dog meat is just like my dog, turned my back on him to access a terminal and when I looked back he was busy chewing on a childs teddy :pac:

No idea where he got it , didn't tell him to find anything, couple of times now I've noticed that and it disappears after a few seconds.

There are loads of dynamic events like that. Certain dialogues change depending on what companion you have. Walking through Diamond City with a certain detective companion is pretty funny. The guards in Diamond City also sh*t themselves when they see you and a companion in power armour walking through the market district.

EDIT: Just don't choose a response on the next dialogue you have. Some of the abuse you get hurled at you is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anybody get their copy from thegamecollection yet. Being delivered to parcel motel but still hasn't arrived at depot and was sent on Monday

I got mine on Tuesday. Have you enough money in your PM account?

Last day of college this week. I can't wait to give this a proper long run through tonight with a few beers. 6pm can't come quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Don't tell me you can equip clothes on him???

Yup you can, also you can pick up specific dog armors, mostly from aattack dogs belonging to raiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That_Guy wrote: »
    I got mine on Tuesday. Have you enough money in your PM account?

Last day of college this week. I can't wait to give this a proper long run through tonight with a few beers. 6pm can't come quick enough.

Yeah there is enough money on my account. Was looking on thegamecollection twitter and it looks like plenty of people still haven't got their copies even though they were sent on Monday midday. Not home until tomorrow night so not in any rush as long as I have it by tomorrow but still, they usually don't take this long to deliver. When metal gear was dispatched from them on a Thursday, it was at the parcel motel depot by Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Yeah there is enough money on my account. Was looking on thegamecollection twitter and it looks like plenty of people still haven't got their copies even though they were sent on Monday midday. Not home until tomorrow night so not in any rush as long as I have it by tomorrow but still, they usually don't take this long to deliver. When metal gear was dispatched from them on a Thursday, it was at the parcel motel depot by Saturday.

I got mine ordered to my house from theGameCollection (via Rakuten's marketplace) and it still hasn't turned up, mailman had nothing today! This is what I get for trying to save a meagre £1.10 by not going with ShopTo. DAMMIT!

If it isn't here tomorrow I'll cry :'(

Same boat here with sameseek.
    If I dont have if tomorrow I'll cry

• Everytime dogmeat gets injured or downed I loose my **** and go nuclear on the bitches who attack him.
    Can he die?
    Also, if you dismiss him does he return to your camp?

Very strange. I got a text on Tuesday telling me my parcel had arrived at the depot. Three hours later, it arrived in parcel motel.

Not sure what the delay would be. Imagine it's Nightline rather than thegamecollection.

Worth ringing up the depot and giving them the tracking order?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Everytime dogmeat gets injured or downed I loose my **** and go nuclear on the bitches who attack him.
    Can he die?

I was the same yesterday. Had just found him and got him to sit and asked did he know any tricks. Then some radroaches popped out Of the ground and attacked us. I heard him whimer so I beat the roaches into a bloody pulp.

Same boat here with sameseek.
    If I dont have if tomorrow I'll cry

Where are you located? I imagine the rural (read:outside Dublin) areas get stuff at a slower rate -- I'm in Sligo, but it's usually 3 days MAX.

Also did you get a tracking order? Mine said "none available", I just assumed they don't provide that service.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Everytime dogmeat gets injured or downed I loose my **** and go nuclear on the bitches who attack him.
    Can he die?

According to this article on PC Gamer, he can't die. I'll shoot him later on and put it to test... Just to be sure.

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4s-dogmeat-cannot-be-killed/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So was the Charisma question ever settled? Do I have to put a load of points into it?

Is there such a thing as a general all round good build at the start that will let me hit all the essential perks fairly easily?

I love RPGs but hate the uncertainty over character creation crippling the late game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Screw having a job, having a girlfriend, and having to cook .all I want to do is play fallout 4. One quick comment Dog meat ain't no d dog ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I just looked at the metacritic scores for this game - the user score is awful. :confused::confused:

What are people playing - i love this game, have had very few issues and its my favourite game this year behind Witcher 3.
    Its mad how some games can just totally divide people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The car factory was my first real mission (did the water plug one on my way but haven't returned to it yet) and I'm really getting into the game now. Not getting a lot of time in though because of spending time with herself and the dog and by the time I do play at night I'm wrecked. Gonna binge like fúck this weekend with beer and junk food :pac:

The combat feels so much more fluid than what I'm used to from Bethesda games, the ghouls coming out of nowhere and being so nimble as they threw themselves at me was surprisingly entertaining, as are a lot of other things.

I went into a car park, threw a grenade at ghouls which missed them, threw another as they ran at me when next thing the entire place went up. I didn't realise there was petrol all over the floor around the cars so everywhere went up in flames, by pure chance I was in the one corner that wasn't set alight. :pac:

I'm not sure what to make of the companions yet, it's nice having someone along for the ride (Codsworth in my case) but they love to go Rambo all the time. Went in the tunnel way for the car factory where Codsworth went ahead and bottlenecked everyone, it was hilarious but I couldn't get a shot in because he's so feckin' big.

Haven't come across any glitches yet bar my guns disappearing from my hands where I then can't shoot. The game crashes shortly after that so I just restart it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Would this be suitable for someone who hasnt played the first 3 games? Looking for a new game to get myself stuck into.

Where are you located? I imagine the rural (read:outside Dublin) areas get stuff at a slower rate -- I'm in Sligo, but it's usually 3 days MAX.

Also did you get a tracking order? Mine said "none available", I just assumed they don't provide that service.

Kildare

DeclanRe wrote: »
    I just looked at the metacritic scores for this game - the user score is awful. :confused::confused:

What are people playing - i love this game, have had very few issues and its my favourite game this year behind Witcher 3.

Hype . That's it. This game had an insurmountable level of it. It always happens with large dedicated fanbases (GTA, Halo namely), where it's mostly irrelevant how good it is in its own right. I have yet to play it but that's the feeling I get.

Would this be suitable for someone who hasnt played the first 3 games? Looking for a new game to get myself stuck into.

I played 10 minutes of Fallout 3. And I'm enjoying this so far.

• DeclanRe wrote: »

Average age of users on that thing is probably 10. Really shouldn't pay much attention to it.

• Duggy747 wrote: »
    The car factory was my first real mission (did the water plug one on my way but haven't returned to it yet) and I'm really getting into the game now. Not getting a lot of time in though because of spending time with herself and the dog and by the time I do play at night I'm wrecked. Gonna binge like fúck this weekend with beer and junk food :pac:

The combat feels so much more fluid than what I'm used to from Bethesda games, the ghouls coming out of nowhere and being so nimble as they threw themselves at me was surprisingly entertaining, as are a lot of other things.

I went into a car park, threw a grenade at ghouls which missed them, threw another as they ran at me when next thing the entire place went up. I didn't realise there was petrol all over the floor around the cars so everywhere went up in flames, by pure chance I was in the one corner that wasn't set alight. :pac:

I'm not sure what to make of the companions yet, it's nice having someone along for the ride (Codsworth in my case) but they love to go Rambo all the time. Went in the tunnel way for the car factory where Codsworth went ahead and bottlenecked everyone, it was hilarious but I couldn't get a shot in because he's so feckin' big.

Haven't come across any glitches yet bar my guns disappearing from my hands where I then can't shoot. The game crashes shortly after that so I just restart it.
    Frightened the living ****e out of me in the Super Doper Mart toilets

• Advertisement

Kildare

Did you get a tracking number? I didn't!

Advertisement