Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Finally bothered to clear sanctuary and build, cleared everything took hours! Built up alot, looks crap but it works haha have new people arriving already.

Ive explored alot of the map already but still alot to go, still only have 3 of the story missions conpleted. Alot of areas I am running from as the gangs there are still too strong to take on, love this game

• Finally bothered to clear sanctuary and build, cleared everything took hours! Built up alot, looks crap but it works haha have new people arriving already.

Ive explored alot of the map already but still alot to go, still only have 3 of the story missions conpleted. Alot of areas I am running from as the gangs there are still too strong to take on, love this game

How do you get other settlers?
    Also, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get power to any of my buildings. I have build a generator but not a clue of what I need to do with all the switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Also, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get power to any of my buildings. I have build a generator but not a clue of what I need to do with all the switches.

I think you need to run power line poles to the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Everytime dogmeat gets injured or downed I loose my **** and go nuclear on the bitches who attack him.
    Can he die?
    Also, if you dismiss him does he return to your camp?

Companions get knocked unconcious. If you dismiss Dogmeat you can find him in the kennel at the entrance to Sanctuary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

One of the funniest things I've seen in the game is a teddy bear sitting on the toilet reading a comic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

You attract settlers by building a radio tower. If you played Fallout Shelter the settlements use the exact same mechanics.

Go to Power - Miscellaneous.

To connect power to things, go into build mode and press space bar. If you have copper you can connect it to the power generator with a wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Average age of users on that thing is probably 10. Really shouldn't pay much attention to it.

I believe Obsidian didn't get a bonus pay because New Vegas was under a quota someone had set. I'd say don't pay attention either but someone is. The user scores don't actually effect the huge score that they post next to the title anyway. Because who cares what people who actually have to buy the game think.

Not the frist time users have thought quite differently than critics.

UHHIPXk.jpg

7e1dI2E.jpg

Metacritic has purged 100s of negative user reviews for FO4 already. I wonder how long they'll keep doing that. Never seen them purge 100s of positive user reviews even when they're just as suspicous. I guess astroturfing isn't as important to them as trolls.

• I believe Obsidian didn't get a bonus pay because New Vegas was under a quota someone had set. I'd say don't pay attention either but someone is. The user scores don't actually effect the huge score that they post next to the title anyway. Because who cares what people who actually have to buy the game think.

Not the frist time users have thought quite differently than critics.

UHHIPXk.jpg

7e1dI2E.jpg

Metacritic has purged 100s of negative user reviews for FO4 already. I wonder how long they'll keep doing that. Never seen them purge 100s of positive user reviews even when they're just as suspicous. I guess astroturfing isn't as important to them as trolls.

God Hand is a class game so in the above case the user score is spot on. But the game is not very well known lets be honest.
    When it comes down to AAA title fanboys etc get involved

Come at me.

[IMG][/img]Rb6aMWx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

God Hand is a class game so in the above case the user score is spot on. But the game is not very well known lets be honest.

How well it's known doesn't effect the score since it's aggreragated. If only 1 critic reviewed god hand and gave it 100 its official metacritic score would be 100. For those critics that did play it and reviewed it, enough of them thoght it was medicore enough put it into the yellow. Not a terrible score but y'know yourself it deserves a better fate than...

4eRrOrD.jpg

Dear lord... there is no hope.

God Hand's not so fantastic critical reception is perhaps why we never saw a sequel. A shame.

Oh well. God Hand mod for FO4 when?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Find new spacious building, I think I'll navigate it counterclockwise. Waste a ton of amunnition killing all enemies, nearly back to the door in which I came...what's this little room near the exit? Oh of course, a deactivated automatron that could of come in real handy, best activate it and kill it just for the exp.

My fallout life in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That_Guy wrote: »

Worth ringing up the depot and giving them the tracking order?

Have emailed parcel motel and thegamecollection, I'm guessing it got lost in the post on the way as there seems to be plenty of people who have still not received their copies

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

They should really explain some things better, like at no point does it say how to step out of power armour, rather than just taking it off. Nor does it explain VATs I don't think?

It tells you to hold E to step out of the armor [on PC anyways]

Dismissed Dog Meat ages ago in Sanctuary and he never came back to the dog house. Recruited and dismissed the robot to see what other locations I may have sent him too and he wasn't there either.

Only way I could get he to come back was something I saw on Reddit , removed the 2 dog houses in sanctuary and built a new one, he was sat there the next time I came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DeclanRe wrote: »
    I just looked at the metacritic scores for this game - the user score is awful. :confused::confused:

What are people playing - i love this game, have had very few issues and its my favourite game this year behind Witcher 3.
    Its mad how some games can just totally divide people.

To be honest, I was extremely underwhelmed when I started playing it. I expected a lot more. Specially when I just started playing Witcher 3, which blew my socks off. Both on xbox one.

It really looks outdated, animation are horrible. World is static and NPCs just wreck my head. Lifeless containers with few notes to read. Might as well have Cardboard cut outs with dialog lines playing back on tape recorder.
    FPs is a big issue for me and it is clearly strugling to hit even 30 fps. It did became pretty much first person shooter instead of RPG, so bad fps really makes me even worse with controller.
    Settlements are just glorified Farmville 2.0.
    Power armour is not an actual armour anymore and you get it very very early in game. It was always that "cherry" for me in Fallout games since first one. Now it is something that sits in settlement without any use as you cant use it 24/7 and by the time you realise you could use it, its 5 billion miles away and you could not be ****ed bringing it for fight...

I am still sort of enjoying it though, but not from immersion point of view. I just keep playing. Maybe there will be some interesting quests.
    For example in Witcher 3 I was going throw woods and looking for point of interest, when storm kicked in. Rain started, got dark, wind noises, all trees going mental, music in the background and random forest sounds. That little thing in the game just immersed me so much, I just did not felt like I am just looking for point A to loot it. It actually felt like I am really in that world.
    Fallout rain kicked in.... Yeah.... same world, just random rain dots all over the place.

I know I will get now destroyed for my opinion, but here it is. And it is coming from a Fallout fan, who played Fallout even before it was cool. Fallout 2 is still my most favourite game of all times.
    Saying all that I still want to play it when I gave it more time. It grows on me the more I play it. And I am only in like 10h.

Saw another great tip elsewhere, rename guns with ammo type 1st in the title makes comparing easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Have emailed parcel motel and thegamecollection, I'm guessing it got lost in the post on the way as there seems to be plenty of people who have still not received their copies

Still waiting for my copy from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Have asked for the tracking number from thegamecollection as there should be one as its royal mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Yeah I haven't had any word from Gameseek either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Have asked for the tracking number from thegamecollection as there should be one as its royal mail.

Hopefully we get sorted by tomorrow at latest, but I'm not too optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

About ten hours in and still kind of waiting for the game to grab me. I've just
    rescued Valentine from Vault 114 and avoided having to kill the Mobster boss thanks to Mama Murphy's advice.
    The building stuff does nothing for me and so far all the missions have been the "go to this place and kill all the bad guys" type. Hoping it starts to mix things up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lol, looks like my fallout on xbox felt me bitching about, so now it is just stuck on loading constantly...

Don't tell me it's one of those game save bugs. Like I can't even get to menus. It's just loading and showing power armour from all of its glorious angles.

Edit: hard reset console worked. God bless Google. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone get the Vault Dwellers Guide?

Tempted to get it, not something I usually do.

• Finally bothered to clear sanctuary and build, cleared everything took hours! Built up alot, looks crap but it works haha have new people arriving already.

twqy2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

twqy2.jpg

Ha, cleared it all and now we are all shacked up in the existing house with the workbenches, its cramped but its home!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If I'm securing Sanctuary (for example) do raiders risk the rads and attack from the water as well?

First time I've resorted to Google and it was restoring the armory in the castle.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO RIP YOUR HAIR OUT DONT READ HOW TO COMPLETE THE QUEST LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'm still waiting for it from them too. I really want it for this weekend. Am losing hope here a bit. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭Corvo

Hmm, think I'll be giving this a miss for quite some time. Watching some Lets Plays etc. it doesn't impress me at all and the rumours of the FPS issues aren't good.

Will wait for a few patches.

So far, those who are playing it on here, what are the main faults? I'm finding it hard to get a review that isn't akin to willy-stroking.

Advertisement