Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just checked parcel motel website and it says my package is in transit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Corvo wrote: »
    Hmm, think I'll be giving this a miss for quite some time. Watching some Lets Plays etc. it doesn't impress me at all and the rumours of the FPS issues aren't good.

Will wait for a few patches.

So far, those who are playing it on here, what are the main faults? I'm finding it hard to get a review that isn't akin to willy-stroking.

I have had zero issues so far and I am level 10 with about 8 hrs play time. Long may it continue.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Hmm, think I'll be giving this a miss for quite some time. Watching some Lets Plays etc. it doesn't impress me at all and the rumours of the FPS issues aren't good.

So far, those who are playing it on here, what are the main faults? I'm finding it hard to get a review that isn't akin to willy-stroking.

There are no faults in my opinion, 14 hours in and loving every second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone get the Vault Dwellers Guide?

Yeah I got it and its worth every penny for the massive wall map alone!

My first ever time buying a guide too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got email from parcel motel saying that package is at depot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Deep Six wrote: »
    There are no faults in my opinion, 14 hours in and loving every second of it.

You mean in your experience.

There are quite a few bugs being commonly reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Yeah ive had the game freeze twice for a about 20 seconds during my first mutant encounter.

Question - I know whats item have crystal - but whhhhhhhhhere. Any locations near the start ?. I'm thinking gonig back to vault 111- will surely have microscopes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

Guys, this game is incredible. Bit buggy but that will be ironed out. So far it feels like the sequel to fallout 3 that new Vegas fell far short of.

I don't usually like crafting in games etc but I am enjoying the base building. The graphics are great, not next gen but still impressive. The first person combat is much improved. Love the giant citywide gun battles.

Some serious frame drop and lag issues. Made much better when running on windowed borderless mode ( which is identical to full screen but doesn't lag as bad for some reason)

Sometimes things don't work like a killer robot that is supposed to assist you not actually moving. I expect these issues will be fixed soon.

Overall, as a fan of fallout 1,2 and 3 (not so much nv) I really love it.

Has that cyber punk vibe, rather than a spagetti western like nv.

Reminds me of the first time I played fallout 2, 3 or games like shadowrun on the snes. It has that atmosphere that just works.

It may not appeal to fans of the Witcher or Dragon age, but then again I thought they were boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I'm enjoying it so far. It's a standard Bethesda game designed primarily for console basically.

The crafting and base building are both terrible though but they can be pretty much completely ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Anyone not liking having a voiced protagonist? It was the thing I was worried about most about this game, but there's very little talk about it anywhere online. I assume role players aren't too happy about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

For people that think the building is bad, I simply don't understand...

http://imgur.com/a/c8SbQ

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think it was a great decision, being perfectly honest. Gives the game a loose but welcome overall focus and a basic but engaging narrative hook from the off. It's a simple, largely unobtrusive design choice that ensures your character isn't just another pair of floating arms with a gun (although you're that as well, of course, as long as you're playing in first person).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Jesus Christ, the game's only been out 2 days and this guy's built a better compound than what would appear on The Walking Dead :pac:

Just found General Automica Galleria , took me a while to work out what to do when
    fighting the champ the other two jumped in had to beat it to death with my bare fists
    :D The other ones says after it
    looks like the champ is out for the count
    :D

Actually one of the voices in that area sounds like Seth McFarlane ???

LMAO actually save often in this place, funniest stuff I've seen so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Happy with how im getting on.
    CToINJ3WwAAQsSv.jpg:large
    What completes a BOS amour set other than a top hat ?

Also going for some height for towers and a nice boxed kill zone for people coming over bridge.

CToCfXIWsAABCC1.jpg:large

Question for those who have got raiders attacking the sanctuary yet. Do they only come over the bridge ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Soby wrote: »
    Question for those who have got raiders attacking the sanctuary yet. Do they only come over the bridge ?

Apparently it's a bit buggy (surprise surprise), and they can even appear inside your walls.

Ah mods...you've gotta love them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Soby wrote: »
    Happy with how im getting on.
    CToINJ3WwAAQsSv.jpg:large
    What completes a BOS amour set other than a top hat ?

Also going for some height for towers and a nice boxed kill zone for people coming over bridge.

CToCfXIWsAABCC1.jpg:large

Yes, from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Posted on PC thread, anyone seen the jet plane ?

I was heading from The Slog to Taffington Boathouse and it flew over head, Cait said it dropped something but fcuking flying things attacked and I lost my bearings. It was defintley flying in the direction I was heading South Westish and was moving fast, jet engined fast.

Have spent ages looking for whatever it dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Posted on PC thread, anyone seen the jet plane ?

I was heading from The Slog to Taffington Boathouse and it flew over head, Cait said it dropped something but fcuking flying things attacked and I lost my bearings. It was defintley flying in the direction I was heading South Westish and was moving fast, jet engined fast.

Have spent ages looking for whatever it dropped.

I heard it in Sanctuary and seen it's vapour trail - didnt see it though, it did kind of stun me irl for a moment, always thought that vertibirds were the only airpower available to the enclave or anyone after the great war

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Still haven't made it to Diamond city, decided to build a house in Sanctuary from scratch. Scrapped the house just before the one with the workstations outside it. Put in a bed with mirror ball hanging over it, cabinet for clothes, storage box for weapons, bobble head display (with all my 2 bobbleheads), pool table, radio and a painting of a beach. Its one big open plan for quick access.

I moved the weapon, armour and power armour workstations from next door down to the front of my gaf. Put the kennel outside and have Dogmeat wearing goggles and a bandana. Finally put a fast travel work down outside and now i have an instant location with everything i need. For anyone who's not into building, i really recommend building at least a house. Halved my gear and I know exactly where everything is if I need it.

Had my first storm and still got rads inside by b the corner of the house as there's some holes.

A settler went to walk in so i stood in my doorway and took out a shotgun so he pulled a U turn. That's right keep on walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Still haven't made it to Diamond city, decided to build a house in Sanctuary from scratch. Scrapped the house just before the one with the workstations outside it. Put in a bed with mirror ball hanging over it, cabinet for clothes, storage box for weapons, bobble head display (with all my 2 bobbleheads), pool table, radio and a painting of a beach. Its one big open plan for quick access.

I moved the weapon, armour and power armour workstations from next door down to the front of my gaf. Put the kennel outside and have Dogmeat wearing goggles and a bandana. Finally put a fast travel work down outside and now i have an instant location with everything i need. For anyone who's not into building, i really recommend building at least a house. Halved my gear and I know exactly where everything is if I need it.

Had my first storm and still got rads inside by b the corner of the house as there's some holes.

A settler went to walk in so i stood in my doorway and took out a shotgun so he pulled a U turn. That's right keep on walking.

Sounds good, ive just madethe gaf with my workstations my base, have us all living in it and cleared the town.

Il build it up but you can pass hours doing that and not realise! Great game

I just put walls and guard towers around my hotrod power armor and bobblehead stand then some turrets and traps but no door , settlers need to see how the king lives :cool:

I just put walls and guard towers around my hotrod power armor and bobblehead stand then some turrets and traps but no door , settlers need to see how the king lives :cool:

I find one of those round metal walls with the door tends to keep people out, as the NPC's can't seem to navigage it. Especially if you put it up on a step.

I spent about 2 hours last night building an uber defence tower in sanctuary only to discover that the NPC's couldnt walk up the stairs :(

I made a more simple elevated tower and they seem to have no issue going up onto it.

I also made a 'hotplate'. A floor switch with several flamer turrets pointing at it that cooks anyone that steps onto it. Of course I had to test it out and ended up frying myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Isaiah wrote: »
    I also made a 'hotplate'. A floor switch with several flamer turrets pointing at it that cooks anyone that steps onto it. Of course I had to test it out and ended up frying myself.

Thats what Codsworth is for.........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Finally home from work and went to start playing and I had a lovely xbox update and now I have to wait, flew to 64mb now it's taking forever.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I decided to introduce my wife to Fallout 4. She loves battlefield and call of duty, but didn't think this game would be for her...

It's now 3 hours later and she's still playing it :( All I keep hearing is "just another 30 mins". What have I done?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When can you start building up Sanctuary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Still waiting for my copy from them too.

Did you get it yet? Ordered mine from the gamecollection, got mine this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Some tips posted on the Reddit Fallout page.
    General
    • Sell Fusion Cores to traders before they run out, you will get much more for a partially charged core, over an empty core.
    • Pickpocket enemies with power armor to steal their Fusion Cores, this will cause them to leave the armor, and you can steal the frame
    • The Lone Wanderer perk still provides bonuses with Dog Meat as a companion
    • When Leaving your power armor remove the Fusion Core so no one will decide to use it.
    • When hacking look for [],(), <>,and {} with anything in between the brackets, clicking the leftmost bracket will reset your attempts to give you more tries, or remove dud words from the list.
    • Try to always carry a weapon of each ammo type, that way you are less likely to be completely out of ammo.
    • Some companions can pick locks and hack terminals for you. More specifically: Cait for lockpicking, Nick Valentine for hacking[1]
    • You can tag specific crafting materials by going into your junk section in your inventory, and switch to material view.
    • There is no level cap. Don't fret about spending perk points. The game's enemies don't scale with you, but they do get harder farther from the start, and the farthest away points of the map have level 50 enemies. There's no shortage of things to take down and no shortage of points to get strong enough to do it.
    • To force a companion to equip, or apparel switch to their inventory in the trade menu, and a button will show up to have the npc equip the item. ( "T" for PC, "Y" for Xbox, "Triangle" for PS4)
    • For Power Armor: sprinting, strong melee attacks and VATs drain your Fusion Core faster than walking or standing still.
    • Fast Travel in Power Armor doesn't use and Fusion Core battery, and you can still fast travel with no charge in the core.
    • You can zoom in on the pip boy by right clicking.

Crafting
    • You do not need to break down junk items to get components by hand the game will do it for you if the junk items are stored in your settlement workbench or inventory. Extra resources will be deposited in your settlement workbench.(It may take some time to appear)
    • You can grow your own adhesive by cooking Vegetable Starch with Corn, Tato, Muttfruit, and Purified Water.
    • When naming weapons, put a hyphen or space at the beginning of the name (EX: -gun name), and those weapons will default to the top of the list in your pip-boy.(Thanks: CromeDaBeast[2] )
    • If you look at the Junk section of your inventory you can switch to a list of all the components your junk breaks down into (with C on PC). In that list you can set or remove a search tag.
    • When you upgrade a weapon, the current mod will be placed in your inventory. If you transfer all mods to your workbench, if you put that upgrade on another weapon, it will use the mod before crafting a new one.
    • You can salvage weapon sights by modifying the weapon with the no sights attachment, which costs no resources to make.
    • If a gun/armour has a mod you can't build, you can still swap the mod out and install it on another weapon.

Settlements
    • When building settlements you can raise and lower objects by holding E and using scroll wheel on PC, X and L1/R1 on PS4
    • When building your first settlement use E to move the initial workbenches instead of scrapping them.
    • You can remove the radiation from Starlight Drive by scrapping the barrels in the center, and the Unrusted Crashed Car.
    • Water pumps, farms, and traders deposit the Items and Caps they produce into the workbench.
    • To help place objects in hard places use a small rug then place the object on the rug, pick up the rug and the item will remain attached but the game uses the rugs collision detection.(This allows you to clip objects into walls!)
    • To assign settlers select them in the crafting screen then select the object you want them to work
    • Settlers can work up to 6 Food at a time. Meaning a settler can tend to 12 plants that produce .5 food each.
    • To reduce raider attacks make sure your defense state is higher than food + water.
    • Highlighting a settler in workshop mode will also highlight anything he's assigned to.
    • Fast Travel in between settlements will instantly grow all crops that have a settler assigned to them.
    • When your selecting something through the workshop build interface if you press and hold the move command(Press and hold [E]) this will pickup all items attached(or very close) to the object you are picking up. (Be careful as if your walls are all attached you can pickup very large parts of your settlement!)

Advertisement