Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I moved the weapon, armour and power armour workstations from next door down to the front of my gaf.

How did you move them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Also, how does one repair power armour? I've lost the arm off it and can't repair it.

And has anyone established trade routes between settlements? Can you make much cash off it?

Think it's time i finally went to diamond city , game seems to be pushing me that way now and encountering more and more dangerous stuff at any othe rlocations I have marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

trixiebust wrote: »
    Did you get it yet? Ordered mine from the gamecollection, got mine this morning.

Glimmer of hope, there you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just found the
    Fat Man
    in the Robotic Disposal Ground. Anyone know where to find ammo for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

How did you move them?

In craft mode anything highlighted green can be moved if you press x on it and just walk to to wherever you want and press x again to drop it. I didn't even know you could move the workstations til i tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just found the
    Fat Man

All my ammo for it I got from Super Mutants.....I was like YAY!!!

The I had to use it on the leader Super mutant....coicindently he was always close by.

I didnt screen shot Swan!!!!!! im sure someone else will, but here is another big fcuking pile of Nope!!! that i found.

F0601DAC4BC5FD4449A6C1DBC50C0330AD535199

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just found the
    Fat Man

Is that the place due east of Sanctuary ? With the
    Century robot
    you can dispatch with the holotape ? If so there is a
    nuke near him
    behind some crates, there is also some
    power armor
    SE of there near a crashed verti

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, what do you do with power armour in general? I am finding myself not using it at all. It's just sits there, looking sad.
    It sits in sanctuary far away. Thanks to that info table in last page I see now that fast travel does not uses charges.

How do you go about doing up your other settlements? I don't have much resources in other ones, so I just put everything in sanctuary. I think someone said it's possible to share resources between all settlement?

Guys,

Use it or dont, if I find someone with a Skull i go put it on and come back.

There is a mission in Sanctuary that explains building, you must be a local leader 2 to setup trade. It needs 6 points in Charisma and then scroll down the perk chart and its there. You can make better **** then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Can you sort through your inventory on the pipboy app when not in game?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Use it or dont, if I find someone with a Skull i go put it on and come back.

There is a mission in Sanctuary that explains building, you must be a local leader 2 to setup trade. It needs 6 points in Charisma and then scroll down the perk chart and its there. You can make better **** then.
    What do you mean make better sh1t with Local Leader? I thought it just linked all the workbenches so you didnt have to be lugging stuff around...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not only just that. All the crafting stations require local leader in order to build them. My charisma 1 guy can't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So if you're just planning on building up Sanctuary or one main base its irrelevant? What did he mean by build better stuff?

Something never occurred to me given the location until it was mentioned by an NPC was was
    Salem
    If that doesn't shout DLC I don't know what does !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

CTpOzqZWsAAd7RQ.jpg:large

Is this bugging the absolute hell out of anyone else ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Soby wrote: »

Yes.

The game is great but there is a lot of a rough edges like that that really gets my goat, I have crops that are suspended in the air!

The gas thing is I just got to Diamond city and there is music that sounds just like minecraft :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Be cool Johnny, the bear hasn't spotted you yet...

2015-11-12_00002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Yes.

The game is great but there is a lot of a rough edges like that that really gets my goat, I have crops that are suspended in the air!

Iv heard a lot about these bugs but have they been bad enough to take away any enjoyment from the game?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    So if you're just planning on building up Sanctuary or one main base its irrelevant? What did he mean by build better stuff?

There is stuff you cant build without Local leader and Cap Collector(possibly others), pick trader and go right you cant build them yet (or you can).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Soby wrote: »

I wish there was an option in the build menu to level the ground out. And get rid of those scraggly weeds.

On a brighter note I spent two hours today clearing out the dead trees, fence posts, tyres, scrap cars, light poles, letterboxes and every other thing I could delete in Sanctuary. Place is finally starting to look half decent.

Anyone know where to find food ? I've people starving on me :(

Oh to help line up your walls at 90° angles if you place your first wall and then snap a roof part to that the next wall will snap to 90°. Not sure if it was mentioned in here or not all ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Iv heard a lot about these bugs but have they been bad enough to take away any enjoyment from the game?

Sometimes, there are game breaking bugs such as one that happened me yesterday where I went to use a terminal and my guy just seemed to walk in the one spot forever trying to get to the terminal but never did, I had to do a reload to fix it.

The game is fun but it is not as infallible as the internet would have you believe. The game engine has been beaten to death at this stage and it shows with the sub par graphics and stagnant world. Animations are also very shoddy.

I am enjoying my time playing it but it will never captivate me like I want it to. I will never become engrossed in the universe and forget what is around me in my real life. It is just not that encapsulating, you are very aware you are playing a game at all times which is not ideal at all for an rpg.

Ok major criticism time. You are given way to much freedom before being forced into going to Diamond City and by forced I mean nothing else im level enough to do. In terms of pacing of the game it should have been forced on you after 5 hours having a look around, not 20 when the enemies get too tough and doing so many minute men quests . Then the game should have set you loose.

Diamond city isn't great at all, certainly not "the strip" and fells like a chore now to explore it and pick up everything :(

Edit: I know this is all fallouts but here they should have just pushed you to diamond city more from the start, of course I could have gone there but this is fallout. I think DC should have been more like megatone and been right there and unmissable and then you go on your merry way.

Just encountered my first legendary enemy in the
    Super Duper Mart
    . I can imagine he will be the easiest one I'll face in the whole game, but the weapon I looted from him is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone else have issues when attacking enemies with the baton or tyre iron and then the enemy dangling off it for about 20 seconds after you killed it.

Has anyone encountered the non landmark related encounter in the main city with Brother James yet?
    Have to say I loved it, I knew it was a troll of some kind but my good I didn't expect Bethesda to completely **** you over.. Naked with nothing and the only recourse being to leave and restart or try a fruitless fist fight(on hard anyway)... I'm not sure how the auto save would have worked but I took a manual before entering the office as I was open to taking the trap but never expected it to be a total end game scenario. Lovely f you though to anyone accepting the initiation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i got a second dog! bought it from some random dude, he stays in my settlement and adds 5 defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Here is my guy looking dapper in Diamond City.

2cr3w34.jpg

And here is Dogmeat taking a liking to Nick the detective....

e0jwvo.jpg

• Advertisement

How do you equip apparel to Dogmeat? Still haven't figured it out.

Advertisement