Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

martyos121 wrote: »
    How do you equip apparel to Dogmeat? Still haven't figured it out.

AFAIK, u have to trade with him (putting the stuff in his inventory) and then while having it highlighted u equip it, I believe its T on pc not sure about console
    #pcmasterrace :P *runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just played for nearly 5 hours straight which is pretty insane for me since i normally need a 20min break every 2 hours or so.

It was only then i realised i spent the entire 5hrs designing my base :pac:

A heads up on the raids, I got none for hours upon hours and then randomly while dropping in on one it was under attack.

It may very well have been under miscellaneous without a prompt, I think I may have saw it there a tad before that while quick browsing. Possible they happen under the radar so to speak.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just played for nearly 5 hours straight which is pretty insane for me since i normally need a 20min break every 2 hours or so.

I dare not say my play count, it would be among the highest here and I've little done.
    Didn't want to enter too many marked sites and possibly by pass quests so just approached and left a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Raids flash up on screen not in your pipboy, you can help or not. Noone dies from what i have seen either arriving during or well after.

So I guess its pointless other than providing something to do endgame, I level 22 and the ones I have done had noobs attacking, not even worth the bullets. Let the dog or companion kill em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

How do you go about supplying power into buildings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

emmetkenny wrote: »

Anyone know where to find food ? I've people starving on me :(

There are one or two farms pretty close by, you will actually come across them by doing the missions for the black guy with the hat (can't remember his name).
    He tells you to help other settlers. You'll see they have a little farm with tatos or carrots (melons, corn etc). Just take them all.

Then plant them in your settlement and assign someone to work on them.
    Then you can harvest them and make more plants etc etc

All I can say is adhesive, just collect adhesive....duct tape and wonderglue etc. It is probably the most used but least common item in all the early upgrading for weapons/armor.
    The devs know this too, because sometimes when you open an advanced safe or room....the best item in there is Duct Tape

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

SeantheMan wrote: »
    All I can say is adhesive, just collect adhesive....duct tape and wonderglue etc. It is probably the most used but least common item in all the early upgrading for weapons/armor.
    The devs know this too, because sometimes when you open an advanced safe or room....the best item in there is Duct Tape

One of the very first things anyone should do in the game is gather the ingredients for Vegetable Starch. Takes a bit of effort but when you have everything and plenty to harvest, you'll be swimming in adhesive. One piece of VS gives you 5 adhesive, it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Keep any "Overdue books" you come across. You bring them to an automated machine in the library for a reward.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Keep any "Overdue books" you come across. You bring them to an automated machine in the library for a reward.

I actually have two of them sitting in a chest in Sanctuary. I nearly dumped them but I thought they sounded like they might be important. I've left a few I've seen on my travels behind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

How do people like to handle feral ghouls you find laying down. If you shoot them in the head before they "Wake up" does it kill them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

x43r0 wrote: »
    How do people like to handle feral ghouls you find laying down. If you shoot them in the head before they "Wake up" does it kill them?

Depends on the shot. If I see them lying down I shoot the legs first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Mr Blobby wrote: »

I can see myself sinking half of my time into building....
    I've built metal walls all around the rocket building, just started working on Sanctuary now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

How do you apply stimpaks to the part of the body that needs it? I can't figure it out! :( Or is it just a one size fits all thing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was in the middle of constructing a tall building the other night, and I was putting finishing touches on the roof, I overstepped, fell off and died - did not save the game during this whole ordeal, thus respawning me to a point before I even started building. I kept my cool, but deep inside I was f***ing raging :P (and my brother was in the písses, laughing) I have the whole weekend to relax and try it again, so I'll do it tonight.

In the meantime, here's a video of it;

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Anyone's theGameCollection order show up today? I am NOT going without it this weekend, and if it ain't here today I'm guessing a) they didn't fill the order or 2) it's been lost in the post. Cmooooon Mr.postman!

Still waiting on gameseek order.
    **** this ****.
    Postman due soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

When you put a point into the perk that lets you "find more ammo in containers" ... Are bodies considered containers as such? I'm assuming it's only crates and boxes and the like?

Also... Is there any benefit to putting the points into the top level of the SPECIAL chart other than opening the perks for that level?
    For example, do I get anything for putting a point into, say LUCK level 7 if I had no intention of activating the perk for that level (or the ones after)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭BenK

I got mine on Wednesday from Gameseek but the disc wouldn't work because it a had a dent in it. Hope you have better luck than me when it does arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

When you put a point into the perk that lets you "find more ammo in containers" ... Are bodies considered containers as such? I'm assuming it's only crates and boxes and the like?

Also... Is there any benefit to putting the points into the top level of the SPECIAL chart other than opening the perks for that level?
    For example, do I get anything for putting a point into, say LUCK level 7 if I had no intention of activating the perk for that level (or the ones after)

Stats still are stats even if you don't get perks. Almost in any fallout game I always put as much as possible intelligence. It used to give more points for skills. With new system it looks like it gives more xp. I would love to know how intelligence scales for it as I have 9 now.
    I am not sure about new perk system. I kind of liked old one. Getting higher stats were a lot harder.

By the way, lads, always keep a fresh tuxedo suit and alcohol, which increases your charisma by 1. That's like 2 charisma bonus, when you know in advance you will need it. It already came in handy few times.

Oh, is everyone else fill your inventory mostly with oil cans, ventilators, old phones, I stead of guns and armour from dead foes? :D

Text from the missus.
    It's here.
    Let's pray it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Oh, is everyone else fill your inventory mostly with oil cans, ventilators, old phones, I stead of guns and armour from dead foes? :D

Absolutely. I make my companion carry the guns.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

By the way, lads, always keep a fresh tuxedo suit and alcohol, which increases your charisma by 1. That's like 2 charisma bonus, when you know in advance you will need it. It already came in handy few times.

I'll go one better. I've got a red dress, a hat and a pair of sunglasses that altogether give me +4 charisma. My base charisma is 6 so when I get into those clothes I'm up to 10 and pretty much nail any speech check I get. Even though I'm a guy I still look ah-mah-zing in it. :D

• M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm collecting my USB 3.0 SSD Enclosure & SSD Drive today and hooking it up to the Xbox 1.

- ZTC Sky Board mSATA to USB3.0 SSD Enclosure Adapter Case - Model ZTC-EN002 - Silver
    - 256GB Transcend Premium mSATA MSA370 Solid State Disk SATA III 6Gbps

Will be running some tests for Fallout later. Will give some feedback here back with loading times / FPS report.

Anyone know if you can transfer games from Local HDD to external on the X1?
    For anyone that is interested I wanted to follow up on the above configuration on X1.
    I don’t have the exact timings with me but will update the post over the weekend.

Launching the game from dashboard: Approx 50% decrease in load times (tested by copying game to both drives then launching each individually)

Loading a save game into the main map: Approx 50% decrease in load times (this is also applicable when exiting a building into the main map and vice versa)

I am still having occasional audio glitches (hopefully this is patched out)

The known stuttering issue when selecting a newly picked up weapon is no longer present.

FPS stability has greatly improved, I do not notice the texture streaming issues I had noted when running off the internal HDD on launch day. This also removes the stuttering I was occasionally getting when entering a newly discovered area.

Also contrary to digital foundries report the X1 is out performing the PS4 as the below test indicates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anyone's theGameCollection order show up today? I am NOT going without it this weekend, and if it ain't here today I'm guessing a) they didn't fill the order or 2) it's been lost in the post. Cmooooon Mr.postman!

Mine arrived at parcel motel yesterday and is waiting for me to collect today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Would be nice if Betheda released a fix for PC users for the the known ctd issue. Haven't got to play at all yet despite trying all the "fixes" posted on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭pj12332

stupid request I know, but if anyone has a reservation code from argos ill take one. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30 french_bloke

Is it just me or did anyone find it odd to acquire the fat man launcher so early in the game? It was part random exploring but it was along the main quest line and had to take it from a raider...

Not complaining tho :cool:
    "Vuaaaa, fry half a city with this puppy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Is it just me or did anyone find it odd to acquire the fat man launcher so early in the game? It was part random exploring but it was along the main quest line and had to take it from a raider...

Not complaining tho :cool:
    "Vuaaaa, fry half a city with this puppy!"

Came across it completely by accident in an apartment building. Was just about to settle into a gunfight with a few raiders at the top when one of the lunatics used it in a small enclosed room and wiped everyone out, I was behind a door so when I peaked out it was just bodies and flesh everywhere :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Well I've just got it working eventually by manually uninstalling old drivers and reinstalling AMD recent beta driver, then verifying cache. Didn't work on my two previous attempts so surprising really. Never had this much hassle getting any title to work, Bethesda really made a balls of this launch in many ways.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    For anyone that is interested I wanted to follow up on the above configuration on X1.
    I don’t have the exact timings with me but will update the post over the weekend.

Launching the game from dashboard: Approx 50% decrease inload times (tested by copying game to both drives then launching each individually)

Loading a save game into the main map: Approx 50% decreasein load times (this is also applicable when exiting a building into the mainmap and vice versa)

I am still having occasional audio glitches (hopefully this is patched out)

The known stuttering issue when selecting a newly picked up weapon is no longer present.

FPS stability has greatly improved, I do not notice the texture streaming issues I had noted when running of the internal HDD on launch day. This also removes the stuttering I was occasionally getting when entering a newly discovered area.

Also contrary to digital foundries report the X1 is out performing the PS4 as the below test indicates.

I've and mine running from a standard external not a SSD/Hybrid and haven't noticed any frame rate or audio issues at all

I suspected DF were testing an unpatched version of the game maybe, certainly if it was as bad as they made out there would be more people up in arms over it , but folks have been relatively quiet on that front.

Advertisement