Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 french_bloke

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Came across it completely by accident in an apartment building. Was just about to settle into a gunfight with a few raiders at the top when one of the lunatics used it in a small enclosed room and wiped everyone out, I was behind a door so when I peaked out it was just bodies and flesh everywhere :pac:

Yep, I was in the exact same place, took me a half an hour of dying and reloading before I managed to kill the guy, he kept firing from close range so I could never get away, had to sneak to the doorway then prep a grenade, sidestep and throw!

• I've and mine running from a standard external not a SSD/Hybrid and haven't noticed any frame rate or audio issues at all

I suspected DF were testing an unpatched version of the game maybe, certainly if it was as bad as they made out there would be more people up in arms over it , but folks have been relatively quiet on that front.

This analysis was carried out after Digital Foundries report which was running on 1.01. Wouldn't make sense that they would carry out a test after that on 1.0. No reason for them to test on an unpatched version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Anyone gotten a vertibird yet? What is the point of them really as you can't seem to go anywhere that you haven't been yet. Sure the minigun is handy but only up till the point you land.

I guess if you're over burdened and wanna get to a settlement it's handy but apart from that I don't see the point. I gotta be missing something surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Are ghouls capable of coming back to life after supposedly killing them? I've found on a few occasions where I've shot arms and legs off and come back to find them at it again. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

madcabbage wrote: »
    Are ghouls capable of coming back to life after supposedly killing them? I've found on a few occasions where I've shot arms and legs off and come back to find them at it again. :eek:

image1.png?2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I don't think the trick of getting Dogmeat to get
    the gun in Vault 111
    works any more - at least not for me on XBONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Don't tell him to go get the gun. I know you can point at it and tell him to fetch but he just sits there and pines. What you have to do is talk to him ask him to find some weapons/items and he will run over get the gun and drop it at your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I don't think the trick of getting Dogmeat to get
    the gun in Vault 111
    works any more - at least not for me on XBONE.

I couldn't get him down into the Vault with me

Whenever I went down I arrive in the vault only to find he was always outside

Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

oJUTNUY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Apologies if this breaks any forum/thread rules, but I have seen people asking about it. I work in O'Mahony's bookshop in Limerick, and collecting the hardback guides is a hobby of mine. The order arrived today, and we have a small quantity on the shelves for anyone looking to buy Irish :)

http://www.omahonys.ie/v2/r_prod_info.php?p=448409

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    Apologies if this breaks any forum/thread rules, but I have seen people asking about it. I work in O'Mahony's bookshop in Limerick, and collecting the hardback guides is a hobby of mine. The order arrived today, and we have a small quantity on the shelves for anyone looking to buy Irish :)

That's awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Anyone's theGameCollection order show up today? I am NOT going without it this weekend, and if it ain't here today I'm guessing a) they didn't fill the order or 2) it's been lost in the post. Cmooooon Mr.postman!

Nope.

I got sick of waiting so I bought it on PS store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Accidentally stumbled into
    Hubris Comics
    last night, a little further on from the library. Serious amount of ghouls in there among other creatures, but some excellent loot if you can make it through. The
    battle axe
    does its job particularly well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Couple of quick questions.

Whats the difference between storing something and scrapping it? Does it just mean the game will automatically dismantle the pieces for you when needed? So say you have stored a bin, will that give you steel when you run out of scrapped items? Is there any point in scrapping it?

Regarding storing stuff, is each bench independent? So for example I have the workbench in Sanctuary, but I am currently down with a brotherhood of steel fella after killing a load of synths in some building somewhere. Theres a bench beside me so can I store some ****e in there and will it show up when Im in sancturary or not?

By the way: Why are some items highlighted in green and others in yellow? Its all junk/scrap really?

EDIT: Forgot to ask, whats the best perk/special for Shotguns? Are they considered Rifles or heavy weapons or what?

• PetKing wrote: »

Awwww sold out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

It arrived! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

joe123 wrote: »
    Couple of quick questions.

Whats the difference between storing something and scrapping it? Does it just mean the game will automatically dismantle the pieces for you when needed? So say you have stored a bin, will that give you steel when you run out of scrapped items? Is there any point in scrapping it?

Regarding storing stuff, is each bench independent? So for example I have the workbench in Sanctuary, but I am currently down with a brotherhood of steel fella after killing a load of synths in some building somewhere. Theres a bench beside me so can I store some ****e in there and will it show up when Im in sancturary or not?

By the way: Why are some items highlighted in green and others in yellow? Its all junk/scrap really?

EDIT: Forgot to ask, whats the best perk/special for Shotguns? Are they considered Rifles or heavy weapons or what?
    Would love some answers to these questions aswell please...

Thargor wrote: »
    Would love some answers to these questions aswell please...

Storing means you're emptying it from your Inventory. When you're building something it will AUTOMATICALLY use it from storage so keeps your inventory low.

Benches are linked in your Sanctuaries provided you have the Local Leader Level 2 Perk in Charisma (I made a post explaining how amazing Charisma is pages and pages ago on release day).

Not sure what the green/yellow thing is you're referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Right lads, Gameseek finally came through this morning, just looking for a few tips when starting off, dont know if this is much of a spoiler as its right at the start but ill use the tags anyway.
    Im just after getting the suit and killing my first big enemy and bringing the people to the settlement,
    whats the best way to go now, in regards to the suit, should i wear it all the time, or leave it somewhere and limit using it, i know when you get out of it it stays in the same spot you leave it, should i watch where i leave it?

Right lads, Gameseek finally came through this morning, just looking for a few tips when starting off, dont know if this is much of a spoiler as its right at the start but ill use the tags anyway.
    Im just after getting the suit and killing my first big enemy and bringing the people to the settlement,
    whats the best way to go now, in regards to the suit, should i wear it all the time, or leave it somewhere and limit using it, i know when you get out of it it stays in the same spot you leave it, should i watch where i leave it?

Leave it. Work on the "Minutemen" quests. They help you establish new settlements and explore the map. Plenty of loot to be obtained from their questline. Further you go inland, of course, the stronger the enemies but at that stage you'll have found plenty of quest so you're choice from there. The Minutemen questline is great and it's a steady means of income and experience throughout the course of the entire game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Thanks, appreciate it,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

About STORAGE: If you have an item in storage (for example, gold watch) and you require ONE of the TWO pieces of junk it provides it will recover the piece you need and the other will be DESTROYED. The only way to solve this is to take the item from storage, drop it on the ground and scrap it.
    Are you sure about this? I read somewhere that it will appear later on in your inventory after a small delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a brand of whiskey called Uisce Beatha in the game:

falldown2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Haha I had a jihadi super mutant run at me today holding a bomb, blew both of us up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

BKtje wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? I read somewhere that it will appear later on in your inventory after a small delay.

Yeah it's been confirmed as UI bug in a few places across the net. The extra mats do get added to your inventory but the numbers do not update until something else interacts with it. I.e picking up the same mat or using the mat.

Good to know. Thanks.

Good to know. Thanks.

Yeah I was spending ages scrapping things the hard way, was quite annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mirelurks, especially legendary Mirelurks, are pricks.

Keno wrote: »
    Mirelurks, especially legendary Mirelurks, are pricks.

Shooting them in the face usually does the trick :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Shooting them in the face usually does the trick :P

It's hard enough on level on level 11.

Rocket launcher does the trick. They're the great equalisers.

Advertisement