Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Where's the cheapest place to pick up the game guys online or otherwise, ?I'm in no mad rush for it as I am to busy to play it at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

as asked above ^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Wow are storms radioactive? Didn't notice rain affecting me until now, but lightning storm when I was in DC was radiating me :confused:

Only one type of storm will do that. You'll know when it's happening because everything gets a green haze over it. You're best off getting inside a building when it starts unless you have Rad x to last it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ok so I'm level 13 now, I've a few good weapons, couple of legendary ones, some good perks and a few quest lines going on, should I move on to Diamond City at last or keep exploring? Is there any reason not to go there yet or should I have gone there ages ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ok so I'm level 13 now, I've a few good weapons, couple of legendary ones, some good perks and a few quest lines going on, should I move on to Diamond City at last or keep exploring? Is there any reason not to go there yet or should I have gone there ages ago?

Up to you really, within my first few hours id gone to DC! I explored alot of the map and ive just over 20 hours done now and only 3 quests completed! Ive gone back to sanctuary and have spent my last 4-5 hours building it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

martyos121 wrote: »

I didn't go until 21 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Think I'll be on my way to DC tonight then, want to level up a bit more before I go near any more BoS or Minutemen quests, got wrecked by ghouls a few times now. What perks and SPECIAL stats should I be looking after for improving my shooting damage without VATS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Must say when I started up the game and the PC's son had my name, and the default wife's name was the same as my significant other I freaked a little :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a brand of whiskey called Uisce Beatha in the game:

falldown2.jpg

Nice spot! Also, is that Mr. Leahy?

1 shotted a "legendary" radroach and he had a legendary hardened pipe pistol on him bonus stat was extra exploxive AOE damage , great one to get has the game seems to have lots of .38 ammo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Strange thing happened was out east heading to somewhere and found a Vertbird landed, but it was Gunners who had 3 of them ran at me and the 4th took off in the vert?

I had to take it down?

If anyone is feeling hardcore and brave head to Roadside Pines Motel then head directly east, you will find an ESB transformer station (the place has no name). Its basicaly the end of the map.

Good luck and may the force be with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's a mini nuke :D kill him before he detonated to keep it :)

Haha must keep that in mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just found a mini nuke up by some three wheeled army robot who I managed to turn on using a terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That_Guy wrote: »
    So... this just happened....

lol! That was embarassing for ol' Preston. All grave and serious and falls into the water like a big tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have about 20 active quests thanks to Diamond City. I'm dressed the exact same as Valentine and we are both going around solving quests together like a cheesy tv show. Also the quest 'getting a clue' is a great nod to south park.

One of the bulbs in my gaf stopped working. I have a power generator outside with small pylon wired to a ceiling connector inside lighting my 2 bulbs and disco ball. I went to move one of the bulbs and it stopped working. Spending way too much time to get better lighting in my house.

Trinity Tower was pretty epic :eek:

Ireland got a good mention on one of the holotapes I listened to, even a B&B in Kilkenny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Met Hancock in Goodneighbour tonight. Man this guy is the slickest dude i met in the Wasteland so far! So badass. Shame he seems to be voiced by 2 different people. Oh Bethesda......

Representin' throughout the Wasteland, boys.

fvkgJ9Z.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I need to find a doctor fast. I have close to f**k all health left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

It arrived! Seriously impressed with this, not one for this type of stuff but for this game I had to have it! As Misky said, the map is HUGE! Not sure I have anywhere to put it tbh...
    c1bb1uz.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I need to find a doctor fast. I have close to f**k all health left.

Use a Rad Away xD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I see you can equip some of the people living in your settlement with your own gear.

Just go into the trading menu with them and give them the gear you want them to wear. Then just equip it by pressing triangle.

I've some nasty looking ****ers at my place! No wonder I'm not being raided :v

Okay probably my last update as I want to beat the game tomorrow.

So I am in 40 hours into Fallout 4. I am level 32, I have about 50 Fusion Cores and I have an unlimited supply of them whenever I need. I have every intention of beating the main storyline tomorrow (as I'm back in work Monday).

After that, I know the replayability of the game is insane. There's over 300 locations to discover (I'd say I'm ~100) and I haven't explored the south or south east AT ALL (as in, I literally have Diamond City as my furthest point south and the combat zone is like my furthest east. I'm not kidding. From there, I want to build my Sanctuary to contain my personal mansion (and hopefully about 50-100 settlers once a mod comes out) and get my Power Armor completely maxed out.

And finally, I want to complete all the faction questlines and obtain all the perks (this will probably never happen; there's 255 levels to do I think). It's going to take time, but Fallout is an absolute blast.

Hopefully, in the coming weeks I can present the end product of my personal home in Sanctuary. I've got the ground floor laid out, just need to sort out the furniture and the lighting towards the back.

For everyone else, I hope you enjoy the wasteland as much as I have.

Ciao o/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

And finally, I want to complete all the faction questlines

I dont know for sure but I dont think this is possible. Certain factions seem to be completely at odds with each other philisophically. Pure speculation as I'm not finished yet but it makes sense.

For example,
    I'm a member of both the Brotherhood of steel and the underground railroad which have complete opposite views on synths. One wants to save them, the other wants to destory them. Like I said I'm a member of both but im expecting at some point to have to choose and be cut off from the other.

The brotherhood has the cool toys. The hellicarrier type thing and also being able to call down a Vertibird whenever you want is badass. But I have issues with authority and think the railroad has the whole underdog thing going for them so I'll probably side with them. Deacon is a much cooler character than Paladin Danse too.

Kirby wrote: »
    I dont know for sure but I dont think this is possible. Certain factions seem to be completely at odds with each other philisophically. Pure speculation as I'm not finished yet but it makes sense.

For example,
    I'm a member of both the Brotherhood of steel and the underground railroad which have complete opposite views on synths. One wants to save them, the other wants to destory them. Like I said I'm a member of both but im expecting at some point to have to choose and be cut off from the other.

The brotherhood has the cool toys. The hellicarrier type thing and also being able to call down a Vertibird whenever you want is badass. But I have issues with authority and think the railroad has the whole underdog thing going for them so I'll probably side with them. Deacon is a much cooler character than Paladin Danse too.

You need to make a save at a certain point , then do 2 and then reload and do the others, this mission you need to save at is called
    The Molecular Level

Otherwise you would have to replay the whole game.

Kirby wrote: »

For example,

Aye. I have a save at deacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I somehow managed to change how close my pipboy is to the screen when I open it, it's all zoomed in is there any way to fix this? I'm on X1.

The biggest issue with character customization/the ability to wear specific items and spoken dialogue by the main character is that during a emotional section, it could cut to the character and they're stood there in a fedora and a silly mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

ASOT wrote: »
    I somehow managed to change how close my pipboy is to the screen when I open it, it's all zoomed in is there any way to fix this? I'm on X1.

On pc you press the aim button to zoom in or out, try that

• Advertisement

Main quest spoilers.
    Been exploring the Institute. Holy sh*t what a cool place and the amount of secretive stuff even I can start doing in the background is great! One of the best Fallout storylines by far.

Advertisement