Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Ciano35 wrote: »
    On pc you press the aim button to zoom in or out, try that

Lifesaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Can't stop doing sidequests... Game is too addictive. Omg. At the moment I just can't stop upgrading my Power Armour. FML >_<

EDIT: 45 hours and this is the first thing I'm going to do after lunch. LOL

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sqq4f/just_noticed_after_20_hrs_of_gameplay_theres_a/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Never played one of these games before; the Mrs is away for weekend; think I'll go and pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Never played one of these games before; the Mrs is away for weekend; think I'll go and pick it up

You think a weekend is going to cut it? :p

d2G2on4.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

I killed a member of a certain settlement before I knew they weren't hostile, now anytime I go back they all start shooting at me. I know there's a quest for this settlement at some point so hopefully I haven't ruined it. I really should stop killing people with names ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just got absolutely wrecked by a glowing one at the national guard training facility. Finding it really hard to kill ghouls this game. Struggling to find certain ammo aswell but my god what an addictive game.

Edit ~ forgot to add a spoiler on that my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

i found a cellar in the sanctuary with bars of gold in it, should i sell them on or are they useful for anything?

ASOT wrote: »
    Just got absolutely wrecked by a glowing one at the national guard training facility. Finding it really hard to kill ghouls this game. Struggling to find certain ammo aswell but my god what an addictive game.

Edit ~ forgot to add a spoiler on that my bad!

I find Codsworth is an absolute beast for dealing with ALL Ghouls.

Does having more than 1 radio beacon double the chances of new settlers, the more you have, the more settlers you get?

I doubt it's worth it considering there's a cap (if it even works).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I find Codsworth is an absolute beast for dealing with ALL Ghouls.

Codsworth was a beast for me in the first ten hours but I have found that he dies a lot now in combat (Or gets knocked out, whatever the game calls it :P)

I have found that the followers are mostly garbage though and are only useful for holding onto junk. Maybe I am doing it wrong?

The follower I've been using for most of the game has been with me for a long time. I obtained him from a side quest so just going to leave it there. I don't play a stealth type, though. And yes, they are very useful for holding junk but if you're playing stealth you should be using the charisma tree and playing without a companion (imo).

edit: LOL looks like not for much longer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I talked with codsworth for only the second time last night and he "tolerates" me.... Little floaty, metal face fućk would want to check his attitude before I scrap him and turn him into a metal corrugated iron roof for an outside toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Preston Garvey keeps shooting me. :( I need to talk to him to complete a quest.

Figured out if you rest for 24 hours or so, he calms down and you can talk to him rationally. :)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Preston Garvey keeps shooting me. :( I need to talk to him to complete a quest.

Figured out if you rest for 24 hours or so, he calms down and you can talk to him rationally. :)

Wtf did you do to him? :pac:

Trinity Tower was pretty epic :eek:

Ireland got a good mention on one of the holotapes I listened to, even a B&B in Kilkenny :)

Sponsored by Discover Ireland? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I got Preston his own suit of power armor, but for some reason he loves taking off all the armor parts when he gets in to it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anyone else come across a General Atomics Galleria?
    Kind of a funny place, I managed to reboot the robots so they stopped being so hostile, but when I went back to the Director's office to shut him down the terminal just said there's no need. Feels like there's more to the place, but seems like there actually isn't. Kind of a funny detour on the road anyway.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wtf did you do to him? :pac:

Nothing at all.

He was my companion on a quest to kill some raiders. A nearby doctor from a settlement joined in with the shootout, she cut across me when I was trying to shoot and I ended up killing her.

Preston was less than impressed. No idea where the hell he ended up after that so had to take out the remaining raiders by myself.

"Speak to Preston" it said.

Grand.

Get to Sanctuary.

"WE HAVE AN INTRUDER IN OUR MISTS" shouts Preston.

I frantically look around to see who the attackers are. I turn around and there's Preston in my power armour laying bullets into me.

I run around for a bit and go to a bed and sleep in it.

Wake up 24 hours later and boom... We're all friends again.

The follower I've been using for most of the game has been with me for a long time. I obtained him from a side quest so just going to leave it there. I don't play a stealth type, though. And yes, they are very useful for holding junk but if you're playing stealth you should be using the charisma tree and playing without a companion (imo).

edit: LOL looks like not for much longer :D

DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT SIGNIFICANT SIDE QUEST SPOILERS:
    So in the above I'm referring to Danse. I couldn't believe it. Went to the bunker and sought him out bla bla. Realised there was an alternative and that I could help him escape so went with that route. Then I met Maxson outside; uh-oh! After that I let Maxson kill him, and then I reloaded. After that I killed Danse myself. Reloaded again. Finally, I let it play out so that Maxson let's Danse stay but as an exile and then Danse says he will rebuild. I then reloaded and shot him in the face. :P

That shows the unbelievable dynamism of the game. However, I wonder what would have happened if I had let him live? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nothing at all.

It wasn't you who gave him an impromptu baptism was it? Nobody likes that ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone bumped into Cait yet? Talk about being a stereotype! Handy companion I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I killed a member of a certain settlement before I knew they weren't hostile, now anytime I go back they all start shooting at me. I know there's a quest for this settlement at some point so hopefully I haven't ruined it. I really should stop killing people with names ha.

Was ot GoodNeighbour? I slaughtered the mouthy little **** there but seemed to get away with it scot free! Not a word said.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I kind of love being a loner in games like this. So my loyal pup is best companion. I love him.
    Though do I miss out a lot by not using other companions? Story lines? Side quests? I am racking uo those companions, but so far I haven't met anyone who I would want to be next to me.

Another question:
    When modifying armour. What does lightweight give benefits outside just being lighter to carry? As it looks like it's better just to make it pocketed and it will give more carry weight.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone else come across a General Atomics Galleria?
    Kind of a funny place, I managed to reboot the robots so they stopped being so hostile, but when I went back to the Director's office to shut him down the terminal just said there's no need. Feels like there's more to the place, but seems like there actually isn't. Kind of a funny detour on the road anyway.

Mentioned it the other day, director sounded very much like Seth McFarlane

I dunno has it been said yet but is
    George Clooney providing acting as a VOA

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dunno has it been said yet but is
    George Clooney providing acting as a VOA

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4741306/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

So... I'm wondering if anyone else had a bit of a glitch with their GAME UK order... Something odd has happened to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

This might be a stupid question, cant find anything on google, but i have to build a tower in a location outside the settlement, i cant seem to be able to build outside the settlement, am i missing something?

Advertisement