Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This might be a stupid question, cant find anything on google, but i have to build a tower in a location outside the settlement, i cant seem to be able to build outside the settlement, am i missing something?

Is it starlight? Look at closer around the property. There os a toolshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone else getting corrupted saves on xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is there anyway to see total play time on ps4? I have no idea how many hours I've pumped into this so far but would like to know. Wish the stats screen would show it.

Main quest has me going to Good Neighbour next but i found Vault 81 and finishing that first. So many good stories waiting to be found in this game it's unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is there anyway to see total play time on ps4? I have no idea how many hours I've pumped into this so far but would like to know. Wish the stats screen would show it.

Look at your save file when you're saving or loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Is it starlight? Look at closer around the property. There os a toolshed.

Got it man, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wing126 wrote: »
    So... I'm wondering if anyone else had a bit of a glitch with their GAME UK order... Something odd has happened to me!

Friend of mine hasnt received his copy, was meant to be here on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So... I'm wondering if anyone else had a bit of a glitch with their GAME UK order... Something odd has happened to me!

What do you mean odd ? Did you get the wrong edition ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What do you mean odd ? Did you get the wrong edition ?
    Friend of mine hasnt received his copy, was meant to be here on release.

I've received a second copy!

I've received a second copy!

Douche :pac:

A second Pip Boy nonetheless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fookin hell!

Free money

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

WuVsLjj.jpg
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Fookin hell!

Free money

I'm waiting to see now if they charge me again once they realise what they've done... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is there nothing to use for windows on houses?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is there nothing to use for windows on houses?

Thats a bit of a failing but one or two of the prefabs can be used for that purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Has anyone else come across
    the tunnels under the castle? There are FIVE FUSION CORES down there!! There is a sentry bot though (holding 2 cores) so go in ready for a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

quarryman wrote: »

I had it a couple of times, I've started saving twice when I'm finished and also quitting to the main menu rather than powering off right away haven't had a corrupt save since, knock on wood!

quarryman wrote: »

Yup. I think it's down to not quitting to the title screen when finished playing, instead of saving and turning off the xbox.

Either way I alway make 2 saves and quit out fully when I'm finished for the night just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

P1KGV96.png?1

Dinner time :>

Am I using the Cryolator wrong or something because it's not very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I'm stuck at the old north church on the freedom trail. I can't enter the door, there's no option to open. Is it a bug or is there something i'm missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Got my first sniper rifle. Things will start going my way now so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Users are tearing this apart on gamespot. Whats the deal?. Does it stack up against the masterclass that was Fallout 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So I load up just to test a setting change ... And boom! it's 9 hrs later and the better half is kinda upset I haven't spoken to her all day.

So yea its a additive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really don't get the complaints. I was fully sure Witcher 3 would be GOTY and even though this isn't anywhere near as pretty, has some dodgy voice acting and dialogue, it has me completely engrossed and it already has surpassed Witcher in my short play time. It's same old fallout but an absolute joy to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Old gen graphics, dodgy base building and somewhat clunky combat yet still an absolute joy to play. I'm thoroughly enjoying the Witcher (about level 12) and it does a lot of things better but I can play it for a short time and just stop. Fallout just won't let me leave :p I can't really explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Really don't get the complaints. I was fully sure Witcher 3 would be GOTY and even though this isn't anywhere near as pretty, has some dodgy voice acting and dialogue, it has me completely engrossed and it already has surpassed Witcher in my short play time. It's same old fallout but an absolute joy to play.

There are plenty of cons to fo4 but also plenty of perks.

To say this game is infalible which a lot of the internet and gamers are claiming is simply wrong.
    • Graphics are last gen at best.
    • I have gotten stuck about a dozen times in the game, twice today within the space of an hour. only remedy is to re load.
    • Animations are very clunky.
    • Bad performance on some hardware, especially AMD. I have crossfire cards and get insane fps drops at times. Unnaceptable.
    • Game engine is a cobbled together mess that should have been retired with skyrim. It depends on the CPU for way too much

The list could go on really but I am sure you all have heard them already across the internet including this thread.

Saying all that I am enjoying the game. I have almost 20 hours put in and it would have been more had the new starcraft expansion not also been released at the same time.

I have not been engrossed in the game though, the world does not *pull* me in like it should. The witcher 3, even with its flaws such as the graphics downgrade does a much better job at that.

It is just very shoddily put together in some ways.

Hopefully they drop the engine for their next big release which would hopefully be the next TES in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Users are tearing this apart on gamespot. Whats the deal?. Does it stack up against the masterclass that was Fallout 3?

It's incredible (assuming you understand Bethesda games launch with bugs and you don't play a game for its graphics).

Edit: the above which will be fixed in like a week anyway.

Edit 2: So I've finished the game. Level 38, and 51 hours later I've completed it. Was completely enthralled in the game and the questlines were pretty spectacular. I literally had to make difficult decisions at the end of the game. So difficult I found myself loading the game over and over to find out which option I wanted to take. Loved every second of it.

Hope you guys had as much fun as I did! Any questions, let me know. I've seen most of the game now. I'm definitely going to do a stealth playthrough next and choose different factions but all in all the best €30 I've spent in a very, very long time. The mods aren't even out yet.

Anyway, back to work Monday...

SPfE1wT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its better much much better, i have no issues running it on ultra with sweet FX.

F3 was amazing this will surpass it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

It's incredible (assuming you understand Bethesda games launch with bugs and you don't play a game for its graphics).
    [/IMG]

Gameplay always over graphics. However that only goes so far. When the graphics direction constantly breaks you out of the world then you have a problem. I really want to be engrossed in this game, I really do as the game play is superb but the constant graphical anomalies keep reminding me I am playing a game and the world melts around me back to reality. When things like hair clipping into bodies and weapons doing the same thing happen I just cannot become sucked in. The animations also do a horrible job too, the mouth animations are terrible and a lot of the time what the seem to be mouthing is not what they are speaking at all. This is 2015 and having 2010 graphics and animations are not acceptable, to me at least. I am hoping mods will eventually help. Modders have pretty much hit the wall with what the engine can do in skyrim so we will see what happens when the proper mod tools are released for fallout next year.

Advertisement