Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did anyone try the SPECIAL book glitch that was on the Reddit page ?

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

martyos121 wrote: »
    Link?

I can't find the thread now, I forgot to bookmark it.

If you look on YouTube for Fallout 4 SPECIAL glitch it comes up.

You basically dupe the SPECIAL book using Dogmeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dcully wrote: »
    I really don't understand people saying graphics are poor, they are superb for me on PC.
    I understand on consoles framerate barely reaches 30fps and drops much lower at times, on PC I'm getting 90-144 fps on 144hz gsync monitor and it looks and plays superbly.
    Same, Im struggling to find any bugs tbh, I thought my difficulty level was resetting between loads but that was me being an idiot with saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Check out @Carefree_Sob's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Carefree_Sob/status/665922948721745921?s=09

Any idea what is causing my guy to hold his left arm like that. Really bugging me. Thought it was like broke at first but like that for days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Dcully wrote: »
    I really don't understand people saying graphics are poor, they are superb for me on PC.
    I understand on consoles framerate barely reaches 30fps and drops much lower at times, on PC I'm getting 90-144 fps on 144hz gsync monitor and it looks and plays superbly.

You are one of the lucky ones then. A lot of people using AMD hardware (Me included) are getting massive fps drops across the board.

I am using crossfire HD7970's and while yes they are old now they are still GCN and in benchmarks I get very respectable numbers in the top 10%. Not to mention I run graphically superior games way smoother than fallout.

I have actually developed with the gamebyro engine before(It's not really an engine but a rendering software) and can give first hand technical experience and I can tell you right now it is garbage. It is old, uses outdated methods to do what it does and relies WAY too much on the cpu for almost everything due to the way it is engineered. Bethesda needs to drop it.

Like I said in my last post, gameplay always over graphics but there is no excuse in late 2015 to be releasing a game with 2010 graphics. Maybe some people are thinking when I say graphics I am just talking about the amount of polygons on my screen? I am not, I am talking about the general art direction of the game. The animations are clunky, voice to mouth syncing is terrible (Seriously, sometimes it seems like they are talking about something entirely different or in another language - immersion breaking to the max) and the environments are static.

I get that most people are not bothered about the technical or graphical issues in the game and that is fine for them. But when I go from playing the witcher 3 to fallout I get hit with a dose of reality when I want fantasy. Even with the graphical downgrade in the witcher.

We will further see the limitations on the technical side once official modding tools are released and users are faced with the wall between what they can do and what the engine allows them to do.

Again this is only my point of view, which is just as valid as anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can't find the thread now, I forgot to bookmark it.

If you look on YouTube for Fallout 4 SPECIAL glitch it comes up.

You basically dupe the SPECIAL book using Dogmeat.

Just tried it, was able to duplicate the book but neither one would activate again when I picked them up.

(On PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Just tried it, was able to duplicate the book but neither one would activate again when I picked them up.

(On PS4)

I did it no probs, works a great. Doesn't ruin the game or anything just a little boost to overall specials. You can't just pick the individual perks....would not do it if you could far too powerful.

Ammo glitch at traders works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Soby wrote: »
    Check out @Carefree_Sob's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Carefree_Sob/status/665922948721745921?s=09

Any idea what is causing my guy to hold his left arm like that. Really bugging me. Thought it was like broke at first but like that for days now.

Had this problem last night.
    To fix it you need to break your arms again.

Just put down a mine and stand a couple of feet away. Once its broken just use a stimpak and it'll be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God I think the graphics are very good.

Massive difference between three/new Vegas and this.

Ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Only bugs I'm finding are the occasional crash to desktop, usually in sanctuary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

noodler wrote:
    Massive difference between three/new Vegas and this.

There definitely is. Even after playing 3 and New Vegas on Ultimate on PC recently before Fallout 4 came out then playing it on XB1, there's a massive difference!

A Neurotic wrote: »

(On PS4)

I found sending Dogmeat a decenct distance away first, then ask him to pick it up for you. Then I edged closer and held A(Xbox) and when I wanted to grab it is let go of A.

Worked well and I maxed all my SPECIALS to 10 on a second save to mess around with all the perks later on so I can get a better feel for what's good and what's not.

It took about 30 minutes to get them all maxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

POW!! Right in the kisser.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You are one of the lucky ones then. A lot of people using AMD hardware (Me included) are getting massive fps drops across the board.

I am using crossfire HD7970's and while yes they are old now they are still GCN and in benchmarks I get very respectable numbers in the top 10%. Not to mention I run graphically superior games way smoother than fallout.

I have actually developed with the gamebyro engine before(It's not really an engine but a rendering software) and can give first hand technical experience and I can tell you right now it is garbage. It is old, uses outdated methods to do what it does and relies WAY too much on the cpu for almost everything due to the way it is engineered. Bethesda needs to drop it.

Like I said in my last post, gameplay always over graphics but there is no excuse in late 2015 to be releasing a game with 2010 graphics. Maybe some people are thinking when I say graphics I am just talking about the amount of polygons on my screen? I am not, I am talking about the general art direction of the game. The animations are clunky, voice to mouth syncing is terrible (Seriously, sometimes it seems like they are talking about something entirely different or in another language - immersion breaking to the max) and the environments are static.

I get that most people are not bothered about the technical or graphical issues in the game and that is fine for them. But when I go from playing the witcher 3 to fallout I get hit with a dose of reality when I want fantasy. Even with the graphical downgrade in the witcher.

We will further see the limitations on the technical side once official modding tools are released and users are faced with the wall between what they can do and what the engine allows them to do.

Again this is only my point of view, which is just as valid as anyone else.

I find this very interesting. As a non-programmer I find myself struggling to find the right vocabulary to articulate my problems with gamebyro. On one hand, Fallout 4 looks and feels like a massive advance on previous iterations of the Bethesda games. I think the jump from New Vegas to this is bigger than any other stage of their franchises. But on the other hand, the whole thing still feels old and clunky and ugly in a way that is hard to describe. They've added cover-shooting mechanics for the AI, yet the animations still have that janky inertia-less zooming that made Oblivion look so fake. If I focus on any particular detail the textures look fine, and yet when I take in a scene as a whole it still somehow just looks muddy. They've done a huge amount of work desperately trying to squeeze extra performance out of such a dated engine, but it definitely has that feeling of trying to bail out a sinking ship.

This is the last time they can get away with it, I think. They had the gall to claim that Skyrim was a fully new engine, which was blatantly a lie. I can forgive them this one last time for trying to polish a turd and present it as something new, but I actually think I'm gonna need a new, fully modern engine in their next game or I'll be taking a pass. I don't think I can handle the same engine yet again. Just license Frostbite or Unreal you cheapskates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bethesda have done what they aways do with the voice acting in their open world. ALL I can hear is Garrus from Mass Effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Users are tearing this apart on gamespot. Whats the deal?. Does it stack up against the masterclass that was Fallout 3?

it's a great game, just not up to the massive hype around it. it's not a huge change from the previous games. but i'm really enjoying it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This is a great game, I spent the day doing minute men stuff and had a ball! grand 12 hour session :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Came back to Sanctuary after ages away exploring to find settlers sitting on my couch and another in my bed. Cheeky bastards.

Are all houses shared or can you designate one that's your own and off limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Same, came home after a long day of raiding eerr i mean helping people, to find a dope in my bed. I've never wanted to kill someone so bad in this game so far. You should be able to lock the door and key just added to your inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Same, came home after a long day of raiding eerr i mean helping people, to find a dope in my bed. I've never wanted to kill someone so bad in this game so far. You should be able to lock the door and key just added to your inventory.

Just go into build mode and put a metal wall in front of your door.

I wasn't satisfied with one of my guards leaving his main post overlooking the bridge so i removed the stairs so he's stuck up there :pac:

• Advertisement

Hmmmm been a while since I played FO3, but playing 4 now it struck me that there is actually no lore in the game? I seem to recall there being a bit in 3 :confused:

Nearly every location I've found has had some kind of lore. You just have to look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Ok...so I've just realised that I have spent the last 4 hours building on my settlement without doing anything else. I love this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

J. Marston wrote: »
    Came back to Sanctuary after ages away exploring to find settlers sitting on my couch and another in my bed. Cheeky bastards.

Are all houses shared or can you designate one that's your own and off limits?

You can assign people to beds just like you assign any resource at your settlement.

Nearly every location I've found has had some kind of lore. You just have to look for it.

Really? Only stuff I've seen is on the freedom trail quest. FO3 was full of notes and books etc from what I recall :confused:

Really? Only stuff I've seen is on the freedom trail quest. FO3 was full of notes and books etc from what I recall :confused:

I've come across random buildings with terminals with seemingly random info but you can find dead bodies that link to the terminal and see what happened them. Also both vaults ive found so (114 and 81) have excellent lore. 114 is a bit short on it but still brilliant.

After watching the nthapple vids about fallout 3 lore, I've been checking everywhere i find for some kind of lore to see what happened that particular location but have a feeling I'm missing a lot.

Funny cuz it's true

12243265_1087863457904197_1189048358936110747_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0b58c507223738aa19a59ac3c061e421&oe=56B1543C

I've come across random buildings with terminals with seemingly random info but you can find dead bodies that link to the terminal and see what happened them. Also both vaults ive found so (114 and 81) have excellent lore. 114 is a bit short on it but still brilliant.

After watching the nthapple vids about fallout 3 lore, I've been checking everywhere i find for some kind of lore to see what happened that particular location but have a feeling I'm missing a lot.

Oh yes I've found that kind of stuff ok but was thinking more in terms of over all lore of the world , like I said it's been ages since I played the others but vaguely recall there being a lot you could find about the history and the war in general no?

How do you get power into your buildings ? I have the generators but not sure how to bring power inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Any tips on good way of farming leather? Really low on it. Very rare and hard to get.

By the way "buddy" is my best friend now. No way I am giving him away. :D

Advertisement