Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you get power into your buildings ? I have the generators but not sure how to bring power inside.

When it comes to lights for example, you don't have to connect them directly - so you don't need to bring the power inside. Just havinga power cable near enough (via connectors if necessary) on the outside means the lights work inside. I think other things are the same but haven't tested enough to say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've a generator outside connected to a pylon. I have a wire going from pylon to ceiling power connector in the middle of my ceiling that powers up my 2 lights and disco balls. It's finicky though and sometimes lights stop working. I'm waiting for a good guide about how to utilise power in a house properly. I found a mag that unlocks all new light fixtures to make the place more fancy.

I unlocked local leader 2 so can now open a shop and read that i can assign someone to travel between settlements selling stuff. Also i will then be able to access all my building materials in different settlements. Could spend days on end just restoring Sanctuary. If only i could get rid of the shrubs coming up out of the ground.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dcully wrote: »
    I really don't understand people saying graphics are poor, they are superb for me on PC.
    I understand on consoles framerate barely reaches 30fps and drops much lower at times, on PC I'm getting 90-144 fps on 144hz gsync monitor and it looks and plays superbly.

Well thats a load of horse**** because the game breaks at 110fps at terminals thanks to its fps-to-physics engine. Its widely known and accepted where you look. And you bet your bottom dollar you hit the higher notes at terminals because
    a) You're inside and not rendering an entire city
    b) I dont believe you. Unless you're cheating and clipping through doors.

I have a 144hz monitor and am currently limiting it 80fps to stop breaking the physics engine.

Also, running at 144hz, the animations and dialogue overlap each other. This bug was also present in the previous Fallout games (and ES V)...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've a generator outside connected to a pylon. I have a wire going from pylon to ceiling power connector in the middle of my ceiling that powers up my 2 lights and disco balls. It's finicky though and sometimes lights stop working. I'm waiting for a good guide about how to utilise power in a house properly. I found a mag that unlocks all new light fixtures to make the place more fancy.

I unlocked local leader 2 so can now open a shop and read that i can assign someone to travel between settlements selling stuff. Also i will then be able to access all my building materials in different settlements. Could spend days on end just restoring Sanctuary. If only i could get rid of the shrubs coming up out of the ground.

Those bushes are a curse.

I've started on my super building now as well. Ran out of steel on the second floor so as my villagers slept I scrapped the walls and roof of their house to put a temp roof on mine.

Floor 3 coming next week. As I build up a level I widen the floor area by one the whole way around. It'll be a masterpiece when I'm done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Constantly running out of copper. I'm only like 3 main missions in so maybe i'll need to do a few more to get some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Even with the graphical downgrade in the witcher

I haven't played it yet - are you saying The Witcher 3 looks worse than FO4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I've just been doing a bit of exploring and raider sniping. I've been scrapping or storing some of the spoils, selling what I can for ammo off your wan in the diner. I've F all bottlecaps though. I need to get the lads in Sanctuary working for me somehow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've just been doing a bit of exploring and raider sniping. I've been scrapping or storing some of the spoils, selling what I can for ammo off your wan in the diner. I've F all bottlecaps though. I need to get the lads in Sanctuary working for me somehow.

Build a load of water purifiers in sanctuary. This will give you loads of bottles of water you can sell.

So i've still yet to be attacked at Sanctuary.
    I'm thinking i need to do the mission (this isn't really a spoiler)
    where you help the other settlers from raiders
    Maybe that's a tutorial of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Well thats a load of horse**** because the game breaks at 110fps at terminals thanks to its fps-to-physics engine. Its widely known and accepted where you look. And you bet your bottom dollar you hit the higher notes at terminals because
    a) You're inside and not rendering an entire city
    b) I dont believe you. Unless you're cheating and clipping through doors.

I have a 144hz monitor and am currently limiting it 80fps to stop breaking the physics engine.

Also, running at 144hz, the animations and dialogue overlap each other. This bug was also present in the previous Fallout games (and ES V)...

I was wondering why i was getting stuck regularly. Had the same problem with FPS between 100 and 160 with big spikes for low rendering moments. Dialogue overlaps badly and its really hard to pick locks with insane fps spikes. The engine really is a poc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Build a load of water purifiers in sanctuary. This will give you loads of bottles of water you can sell.

Good idea! :)

I built one for making adhesive. I robbed a load of mutfruit and planted them but the bastards aren't growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

In your house is there any other items that be be stored for display like bobbleheads and magazines? I have spare weapons in a box but would be cool to see them displayed, same with armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

quarryman wrote: »
    I haven't played it yet - are you saying The Witcher 3 looks worse than FO4?

The witcher 3 looks ten times better than fallout 4. When I say downgrade I mean the downgrade in graphics from early release footage. The game looked a lot better in videos released a few years before the game came out. The downgrade was huge but the game still looks massively impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

zarquon wrote: »
    I was wondering why i was getting stuck regularly. Had the same problem with FPS between 100 and 160 with big spikes for low rendering moments. Dialogue overlaps badly and its really hard to pick locks with insane fps spikes. The engine really is a poc.

I agree the engine isn't great, but it's a bit rich to edit the ini file to force the game to render above the framerate lock the developers established and then complain about undesirable behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I was in The National Guard Training Yard... Holy ****. Be prepared.
    There's two suits of power armour available, when I unlocked the door for the second power armour, a giant **** off sentry bot came and attacked me. When I eventually killed it by hiding in a bunker and taking pot shots, I found that the second power armour suit was stolen :(

Can your settlers die?
    I imagine some can't be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Queen Mirlurk . Jaysis . Also hate the radscoprions the way they pop in and out of the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Feral Ghouls = 28 Days Later zombies. I panic and run away whenever there's 3 or 4 of them coming at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No need for VATS on PC. I barely use it.
    The Combat Rifle with a reflex sight is just amazing. The shooting is so much better than F3 of F:NV, I'm kind of annoyed with myself at my lack of use of VATS, but there really is no need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Wing126 wrote: »
    There's two suits of power armour available, when I unlocked the door for the second power armour, a giant **** off sentry bot came and attacked me. When I eventually killed it by hiding in a bunker and taking pot shots, I found that the second power armour suit was stolen :(
    There are actually more than 2 in the game, infact there are about 2 dozen in the game. You can find them all over and you can even buy the frames from some vendors.

• Advertisement

So manged to get 24 hours into this over the weekend.
    Loving it.At lvl 15 and have been doing minute men quests.
    Have a question or two.And im guessing this has been answered before.

Do I just transfer all my junk and spare/crap guns into the the workshop bench?
    seems like I never have enough of something even tho I load it up constantly with crap

Is the base building worth it?
    Ive set up a few but not really arsed with base building,or managing npcs?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

I think I may have made a terrible mistake. I'm in the national guard training area clearing it of ghouls. I ran past a legendary ghoul into the next room, where the game auto saved. Now when I load I'm attacked immediately by about three ghouls and die after about three seconds :( going to a previous save might be the only way out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    In your house is there any other items that be be stored for display like bobbleheads and magazines? I have spare weapons in a box but would be cool to see them displayed, same with armour.

Didn't think you could display your bobble heads ha! I just give the weapons and armour to my settlers so they are better equipped for raiders. But now that I think of it, I may have forgotten to give them ammo....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Can your settlers die?
    I imagine some can't be killed.

I can confirm that people called settler can definitely die :( Not sure about characters who are part of storylines though.

• SeantheMan wrote: »
    The Combat Rifle with a reflex sight is just amazing. The shooting is so much better than F3 of F:NV, I'm kind of annoyed with myself at my lack of use of VATS, but there really is no need

If you are playing on a very hard or higher then it is needed. Especially critical hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Am playing on very hard and while I do use it from time to time I wouldn't consider it needed as such. That said i'm walking around constantly in my power armour seeing as i've enough cores.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm playing on very hard and never use vats. I'm trying to unlock all the settlements before I do anything else so I'm coming up against enemies higher in level than me so at times I die quiet a bit but other than that it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »

Get 7xp for a raider out of vats and up to 40 in Vats.

I try to use Vats as much as possible, have Kellogs gum modded to 106 so most raiders die in the 1st shot.

Executing criticals gives a nice XP boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I didn't realise that you get more XP with VATS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Wing126 wrote: »

Did you get into the armoury using lockpick or the computer at the back of that building? I thought I used the computer the first time I played through that area, but this time around I can't get into it without picking the lock.

I have
    Strong
    with me as a companion now, legend. Love some of his comments :pac:

Ran into
    Swan
    at his pond. Ran away from him twice as quick!

Just about to complete the Minutemen quest at
    the Castle
    . When Preston talked about assembling a force, I had hoped for more than two others :rolleyes: Good man Presto, we'll wipe everyone out with four of us. Also, never mind the queen, hatchlings are the worst annoyance of any kind ever!!

Advertisement