Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do weapons not wear out in this? I don't see the repair option on my Pip boy, also is there any way to just leave the minigun to the suit and not have to be equipping it every time I get out?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Has anyone received their deliveries from Gameseek? Mine was dispatched on Wednesday but still no sign of it as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

There are actually more than 2 in the game, infact there are about 2 dozen in the game. You can find them all over and you can even buy the frames from some vendors.

Are there any upgrades on the T45 armour? I'm happy enough with it at the minute, but wouldn't mind a go of Paladin Danse's armour!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just about to complete the Minutemen quest at
    the Castle
    . When Preston talked about assembling a force, I had hoped for more than two others :rolleyes: Good man Presto, we'll wipe everyone out with four of us. Also, never mind the queen, hatchlings are the worst annoyance of any kind ever!!

A fine Bethesda tradition! Sure don't you remember when you assembled a mighty army of, like, six jerks, to battle the demon horde to save Tamriel?
    BKtje wrote: »
    I didn't realise that you get more XP with VATS

What the fuck? Seriously? I've used VATS for about 2% of my kills.

EDIT: I can't find anything about that, but apparently the well-rested perk gives a 10% XP bonus. Lads, yiz really need to inform the player of these things, because ultimately I'm the only one playing my game, so hiding this stuff from me really doesn't achieve anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Thargor wrote: »
    Do weapons not wear out in this? I don't see the repair option on my Pip boy, also is there any way to just leave the minigun to the suit and not have to be equipping it every time I get out?

No they don't

Although there is a repair bobblehead, all it does it make fusion cores last 10% longer

If you haven't found that yet btw it's
    on the highest point of the corvega plant roof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Selling water purifier bottles is so easy to make caps, i take them out of the workbench and store them in a safe because afaik there is a cap on water cap per water purifier installed in your base, have 7 or 8 of them on the go.

Another good tip is to have a weapons vender in your base and buy up all the ammo each time there stocked with water purifier bottles, no need to put points in scrounger perk, also a trader is great for buying junk for items you're in need of, same again just sell water, use your charima items to get better deals.

KilOit wrote: »
    Selling water purifier bottles is so easy to make caps, i take them out of the workbench and store them in a safe because afaik there is a cap on water cap per water purifier installed in your base, have 7 or 8 of them on the go.

Another good tip is to have a weapons vender in your base and buy up all the ammo each time there stocked with water purifier bottles, no need to put points in scrounger perk, also a trader is great for buying junk for items you're in need of, same again just sell water, use your charima items to get better deals.

I probably have about 10k caps worth of gear just stashed in Sanctuary because I could not be bothered doing all of the bureaucracy required to sell it. UI woes.

• Diamond City radio is class.
    Game is really starting to go into overdrive. Some great quests / characters in Diamond City.
    Some dude married
    a robot
    because of me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Have played a while now... I think it's like it always was, a clunky fps with RPG bits tacked on. And that damn dog is annoying as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Changed to the dog from Codsworth and boy does he like getting in the way of things. I walk to a safe and suddenly he plonks himself in front and pushes me out of the way. He is quite handy for knocking people and ghouls to the ground while I finish them off / pick off others.

Codsworth is a fúckin' lunatic attacking all the wildlife around him but I think I prefer him for the moment. :pac:

Just about to go into Diamond City, have been saving it while doing all other stuff and side-quests. Is the building actually necessary? I've done a fair bit of it but haven't seen any use beyond something to keep settlers happy, have had no attacks (it is built like Fort Knox tho :pac:)

Accidently walked into a Legendary Sentry, holy shít that was scary fight that I just about survived!

• Advertisement

I fecking love Codsworth. Charging into battle like a cross between a butler and a killbot. There's something so savage about shooting flames into someone's face and then attacking them with a buzzsaw. I also feel fine about letting him soak up bullets: he's my robot, that's what he's there for. Some how I don't feel the same about the other companions. The idea of letting a dog get shot repeatedly while I hold back and snipe is just horrible, with him all yelping and whining. Noooooope, I'll take my personal warbot-butler thank you.

Speaking of useless companions:
    http://i.imgur.com/6Z9PbRq.webm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Zillah wrote: »

LOL the little trot on him!

• Zillah wrote: »

Will change pic..it's too big :P
    *Edit* That's better

TmuA6Vb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Not been to DC yet, doing a few minutemen quests to level up before heading down. Came across the
    Satellite Array Station
    after picking up a Distress Signal and following the path. Theres a lotttt of super mutants there, has anyone cleared it out and if so is it worth it ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Zillah wrote: »

There's a quest where you have to
    set off five tripwires in order to progress. It kept resetting when I got to the third one and couldn't figure out why.

Eventually figured out the dog was walking through the fourth one before I could get back to the third.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Not been to DC yet, doing a few minutemen quests to level up before heading down. Came across the
    Satellite Array Station
    after picking up a Distress Signal and following the path. Theres a lotttt of super mutants there, has anyone cleared it out and if so is it worth it ?

It's actually part of the early
    Brotherhood of Steel
    quest line. I had fun killing them but there's not much at the end. There's a
    low grade suit of power armour in one of the dishes where the toughest mutant is, and I think he fires nukes at you - missiles at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Satellite Array Station

I cleared it out last night. It's only really worth it if you're following the BoS questline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Ah, ive only done the Bos mission where you
    Meet them at the Police station and then go to the factory for the radio thing :P
    so I guess ill follow the rest and finally end up there. Cant I just mini nuke the place ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Ran into that raider with power armor and a fatman the other day. Completely caught me off guard and annihilated me

When I came back the second time I brought my .50 cal sniper so just picked him off from very far away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Good idea! :)

I built one for making adhesive. I robbed a load of mutfruit and planted them but the bastards aren't growing.

I had the same issue, with the mutfruit not growing. It could be coincidence but I then assigned a settler to work on them and since then they have been growing. I didn't think you had to assign someone to farm for stuff to grow (I thought they just harvested), but maybe you do?

Hard to know, as the game doesn't really explain stuff like this well (at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Still can't believe you get more EXP for in VATS :(
    I'd be a lot higher level at this stage....lvl 29 now with little to no kills done through VATS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Man, the Glowing sea sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Can someone point out how to assign settlers to a task?

Bunch of lazy, freeloading, dole scroungers in my settlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Can someone point out how to assign settlers to a task?

Bunch of lazy, freeloading, dole scroungers in my settlements.

Click on them in build mode then point them where you need them.

Man, the Glowing sea sucks.

Get some power armour, scrub.
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'd be a lot higher level at this stage....lvl 29 now with little to no kills done through VATS :(

I'm not convinced you do - I can't find any reference to it online. Can anyone verify?
    Click on them in build mode then point them where you need them.

I think it's press E rather than click...?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I found some raiders on top of a building near where you clear out the subway for BOS. One of them had a Fat Man and a suit of Power Armour. I couldn't take the Power Armour off him as it was to heavy so I fast traveled back to Sanctuary with my new Fat Man and stored a load of stuff. Went back to the building where I killed the Raiders but the Armour had disappeared.

Did some other raider take it or do things just disappear after a while ?

• Zillah wrote: »
    Get some power armour, scrub.

I'm not convinced you do - I can't find any reference to it online. Can anyone verify?

I think it's press E rather than click...?

http://gamingbolt.com/fallout-4-complete-perks-guide-gain-experience-points-xp-faster-and-easier

Good guide on the perks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Those Brotherhood pilots can't fly for ****. I've seen several just fly straight into buildings, or catch themselves on spires - killing everyone aboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Soo i tested this out earlier and nope, no difference in exp. Was 9 either way. Maybe the poster had some special armour / perk that gave it?

Advertisement