Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

How does the power armor crafting work.

I used the t-45 one I got in concord but it has a busted leg, arm and no helmet.

I read you can get a frame to use, how do you take items away from the armor or upgrade it, I made on new leg for it, different color and use than the rest of the armor so looks a bit odd.

Also, do i need to bring each suit to the crafter, can I have more than one suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Diamond City radio is class.

It sure is. I find myself tapping the sides of the controller listening to the tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

http://giant.gfycat.com/UniformRealImperialeagle.gif

*mod note: changing to a link as the file is massive!*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

allibastor wrote: »
    How does the power armor crafting work.

I used the t-45 one I got in concord but it has a busted leg, arm and no helmet.

I read you can get a frame to use, how do you take items away from the armor or upgrade it, I made on new leg for it, different color and use than the rest of the armor so looks a bit odd.

Also, do i need to bring each suit to the crafter, can I have more than one suit?

I read today that you need to exit the suit somewhere "near" the power suit station (the yellow rack thing which you can find in the workshop in Sanctuary, and other places). It will then appear loaded up on the station at some point....you can then apparently repair it, upgrade it etc.

Not sure as I only read this today, I had no idea how to do this. I sort of tried to "park" mine manually at the station right at the beginning of the game and it has just been sitting there and I haven't been able to do anything with it (mod, repair etc).

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Noopti wrote: »
    I read today that you need to exit the suit somewhere "near" the power suit station (the yellow rack thing which you can find in the workshop in Sanctuary, and other places). It will then appear loaded up on the station at some point....you can then apparently repair it, upgrade it etc.

Not sure as I only read this today, I had no idea how to do this. I sort of tried to "park" mine manually at the station right at the beginning of the game and it has just been sitting there and I haven't been able to do anything with it (mod, repair etc).

:confused:

This should help -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    This should help -

Thanks!

Where do you get the jet packs and stuff for the armor.

And where do you get the cores for it. I have loads of fusion cells but no cores

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Are there any upgrades on the T45 armour? I'm happy enough with it at the minute, but wouldn't mind a go of Paladin Danse's armour!
    There are upgrades. Follow the Brotherhood of Steel questline and
    they'll give you another one.
    Man, the Glowing sea sucks.
    Never had a problem. Bring a couple of Rad Away/Rad-X and wear your power armour and you'll be fine. You'll need at least one really powerful weapon too.
    There is also a sweet
    set of Power Armour in a bunker
    down that neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thanks to fallout I had a 24 hour day yesterday... Which was 10h of work and the rest fallout. :)

So I finally decided to try other companion other then trusty K9. I got Cait with me. Got her Combat armour set, Aviator glasses and Captains hat. She looks.... Cool. :D

So whats the story with actual companion stats? Is there some chart with which weapons they are best? Or they are equal with all weapon? The toher thing: I need supply them with actual bullets too? Or they sort it out themselves? I am 30h in and I only used dog, so I am really bad with companions.

I have another issue with Bos quest:
    I started that scribes quest, whoch you get from Police station, fallowing distress signal. I hit a wall there as mutants were way too hard to kill on one of the beacons, so I ocntinued with other quests. Thing is I completed it now, but I cant turn it in, as the dude who i need to give in quest is my companion now. I dont get dialog box for him for quest anymore. Am I ****ed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Where do you get the jet packs and stuff for the armor.

And where do you get the cores for it. I have loads of fusion cells but no cores
    Jet packs, I think, are added as modifications when you've got your armour on the repair station.
    You pick up fusion cells in a lot of the buildings. Mostly in the basements looking like this.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxM4YDPHJdsOCEhHYRUu-0DV5S-YbSbBiqIxar0wImZD5l9jttxQ

• Advertisement

I have another issue with Bos quest I started that scribes quest,

You can turn that "recon team" quest into the Knight lad who hates you. Danse tells you to at one point. In my game, he wasnt at the police station anymore, he's on the ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The jet pack is fun but nowhere near as fun as a jetpack could be! It just allows you to jump 3 times the normal height, not fly :(

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The jet pack is fun but nowhere near as fun as a jetpack could be! It just allows you to jump 3 times the normal height, not fly :(

Oh right!

Not so good so.

I actually think the power armor in fallout 3 is a bit better. I dont really like the whole getting in and out thing in this one.

Was reading up about the duplicate glitch, I actually did that with a nuke already!!

Also, I hate the base building. I spent 2 hours trying to build a house with walls and roofs.

I gave up and just built loads of prefab shelters!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Three times the normal jump distance still sounds pretty sweet. I just think locking it behind level 41 is bonkers. I'm level 36 and actively wandering around looking for non-repetitive stuff to do before I finish the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Was reading up about the duplicate glitch, I actually did that with a nuke already!!

Has it already been patched?

I gave it a go last night and couldn't get it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    In your house is there any other items that be be stored for display like bobbleheads and magazines? I have spare weapons in a box but would be cool to see them displayed, same with armour.

All your weapons and mini nukes can too. All the models, dolls and teddy's found in the wasteland too.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutsettlements/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

There are actually more than 2 in the game, infact there are about 2 dozen in the game. You can find them all over and you can even buy the frames from some vendors.
    Oh I know there's more power armour in the game, I have three sets as it is, but in that specific location, there's two sets available and one was stolen while I was fighting the Sentry bot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

I've explored most of the map, but haven't came across many side quests which is odd. Are there lots of side quests in Diamond city? I somehow haven't ended up there yet.

I've explored most of the map, but haven't came across many side quests which is odd. Are there lots of side quests in Diamond city? I somehow haven't ended up there yet.

???????????????????? real? I've completed the game, am level 40 and still can't complete all the side quests and I've only explored about 100 locations >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That reddit forum is mental, anyone seen this? It's like a prison! :pac:

pd0juUb.jpg

The stuff that makes the front page of r/fo4 is outrageous.

Some of the creations are amazing but I think that one is really stupid looking. It's the wastland. A wall isnt going to look like that. It's far too high and way too clean and symmetrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kirby wrote: »
    Some of the creations are amazing but I think that one is really stupid looking. It's the wastland. A wall isnt going to look like that. It's far too high and way too clean and symmetrical.

What's wrong with Symmetrical ? My OCD will kill me if I've to build crooked walls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Haven't a clue how to power a house. I have two large generators and two large pylons set up on the roof of my house and it powers one bloody lightbulb.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Haven't a clue how to power a house. I have two large generators and two large pylons set up on the roof of my house and it powers one bloody lightbulb.

Conduits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Build a load of water purifiers in sanctuary. This will give you loads of bottles of water you can sell.

also a great rad free regen. i hardly use stimpaks anymore at all.

castle will produce loads of these with no upgrades needed after you do those missions, just supply link them to your home settlement and free health fills up your workshop.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Feral Ghouls = 28 Days Later zombies. I panic and run away whenever there's 3 or 4 of them coming at me.

i find them the least annoying. put some points in melee, stay in a corner and start hacking.

so what weapons are people liking now with a few days put into the game. i main a rifle and pump action shotty.

• Advertisement

Vats. Stuff thats fast can be hard to hit. Vats doesnt care if its moving or not as long as you can see it. I have 10 Perception and 8 Agility so I use Vats alot.

Advertisement