Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Well holy fuuck. I took that VANS perk back at the very start and only now 57 hours in do I discover when I hold down the vats button it brings up a little green trail for me to follow. No more getting lost in big buildings trying to find my way out. I feel like an idiot :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keep getting crap weapons with good mods on them. Can you remove a mod from one weapon and put it on another?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

J. Marston wrote: »
    Keep getting crap weapons with good mods on them. Can you remove a mod from one weapon and put it on another?

Yep AFAIK, go to a work bench and equip the default of whichever mod you want to keep (eg. 10mm heavy receiver, equip standard receiver and then youll be able to use the heavy receiver on another 10mm pistol)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Yep AFAIK, go to a work bench and equip the default of whichever mod you want to keep (eg. 10mm heavy receiver, equip standard receiver and then youll be able to use the heavy receiver on another 10mm pistol)

Oh for fúck sake!... The amount of weapons I've dropped, left behind or sold and I never knew this.

This is my Homer "Doh!" moment for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

What's the best sniper rifle? Not laser or plasma or anything, just bullets. I've a pretty deadly looking one at the moment but I think the most i'll get it to with all the mods is about 80 damage or so. Not sure how that compares with what others have?

Also, what's the next best thing to Power Armour? I have Polymer Combat Armour (one BoS chestplate) at the moment and am whizzing around with that. It's grand, but just wondering if there's better out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I can FLY!!!!!!

Need that fusion core perk now and I can FLY EVERYWHERE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

23 hours in and only 5 main quests done. Found the Irish Pride shipping building. Really expected to find a Luck bobblehead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Copper and aluminium are actually rarer than gold in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm a fan of looting fans in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Adhesive has been the rarest for me.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote:

Cook up some of your own and it won't be!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xenji wrote: »

You can farm Adhesive though. Corn, Mutfruit, tato's and purified water.

You can't farm Aluminium and most mods need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I can FLY!!!!!!

Need that fusion core perk now and I can FLY EVERYWHERE!!!
    How does it handle? Are you like Iron Man?

I haven't done any research on it as I'm a good few levels from that perk.

Copper is easy enough.
    Beaker stands, alarms, phones etc

Not too sure of the aluminum products but its available in cans, which like steel are the best per weight to get metal(as opposed to tools etc).

You can buy shipments of aluminium from some traders too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You can set to search for Copper and Aluminium.
    So when you're looking at items a small 'magnifying glass' will appear beside the item if it has the components you require.

I'm so glad this game let's you see the contents of drawers and boxes etc before you open them.....so much time saved compared to Fallout 3 etc.

As for duh moments. I also didn't know about keeping mods from other weapons (is it the same with armor ) ? and I didn't know about the trail thing either, even though I got that perk early ...just completely forgot about it.

At level 30 last night I only realised that I could 'see' my Supply line route on my pipboy. I was just sending people to other places randomly.

Even with REALLY high Charisma and Charismatic clothes on (so I had 12 Charisma) I still got RED options in a lot of dialogues.... :(
    There seems to be less chance to actually use your charm than in previous fallout games.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JamieOS

Anyone have trouble with NPCs getting stuck? This lad one lad was supposed to take me and another lad back to his gaf, but he went off to shoot some super mutants and now he seems to be stuck in this half fallen down building. I left him for about a week and he is still there. I'm on Xbox so I can't just move him with console commands.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You can set to search for Copper and Aluminium.
    So when you're looking at items a small 'magnifying glass' will appear beside the item if it has the components you require.

I'm so glad this game let's you see the contents of drawers and boxes etc before you open them.....so much time saved compared to Fallout 3 etc.

As for duh moments. I also didn't know about keeping mods from other weapons (is it the same with armor ) ? and I didn't know about the trail thing either, even though I got that perk early ...just completely forgot about it.

At level 30 last night I only realised that I could 'see' my Supply line route on my pipboy. I was just sending people to other places randomly.

Even with REALLY high Charisma and Charismatic clothes on (so I had 12 Charisma) I still got RED options in a lot of dialogues.... :(
    There seems to be less chance to actually use your charm than in previous fallout games.

With clothes on I'm at 10 charisma and I pass most red speech checks. I think red just means it's more difficult not how unlikely you are to pass it. To be honest I think charisma is a waste. I've 6 points in it for local leader and if I could respec I'd leave it at 1 and put the other points somewhere else. My merchants have decent equipment but I've never seen them stock anything legendary which I thought they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Having the level 2 scrapper perk highlights all materials green that you have marked for search in the world, really handy as it also highlights containers that contain them. I never miss those oil cans anymore now.

Also I found the mother load of aluminum earlier.
    It was in the fish packaging plant on the far right of the map, above the witch museum. When you take the elevator down there will be literally about 200 serving trays around the place that give 1 aluminum each. The place resets after a week or so in game too so you can go back and get more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

With clothes on I'm at 10 charisma and I pass most red speech checks. I think red just means it's more difficult not how unlikely you are to pass it. To be honest I think charisma is a waste. I've 6 points in it for local leader and if I could respec I'd leave it at 1 and put the other points somewhere else. My merchants have decent equipment but I've never seen them stock anything legendary which I thought they would.

So you think they'd be red regardless of level ?
    I assumed that RED meant they were still too hard.....that they would become Orange or Yellow with more levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I hate thinking about Fallout 4 when I wake up in the morning, knowing I won't be able to play it for another 12 hours :( (Please make the day go fast)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Got a reply from Gameseek, these lads are taking the pistachio if it says the below on there website its very well hidden indeed....

Hi,

I'm sorry for any concern caused.

Please do not worry overseas shipments usually takes from 12 - 21 working days (excluding Saturdays & Sundays ) to deliver, meaning your item should be with you shortly.

Kind Regards
    Gameseek "Customer" service

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

As above there is a Cannery close to Salem with lots of alum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

SeantheMan wrote: »
    So you think they'd be red regardless of level ?
    I assumed that RED meant they were still too hard.....that they would become Orange or Yellow with more levels

It's just a low chance. Save the game and reload until you get it. Just like exiting out of a hacking terminal after 3 fails and starting again.

I have a generator powering an alarm and two lights. Like Fort Knox so it is, fear my level 8!

Also I just noticed after selling all my mini nukes that while all the vendors have mini nukes on display none actually sell them -_-. Got absolutely wrecked at quincy ruins even with my ability to "jump" onto roofs.

Got absolutely wrecked at quincy ruins even with my ability to "jump" onto roofs.
    Is that with Jetpacked Power Armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Got the
    Raider
    Power Armour last night. Jesus, it's so f*cking ugly!

Strong is a legend, love his little quips when we're out wandering or last night he gave out to me because I 'tinker tinker tinker' at the workshops :pac: Hero.

Is that with Jetpacked Power Armour?

Yeah.

• Advertisement

Yeah.
    Is it easy to control and is it fun?

I'm miles off being able to get it just wondering if it's worth the hassle.

Advertisement