Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I tried playing it recently, and just couldn't stick with it for some reason. I modded the crap out of it, but it just didn't hold my attention like it did originally. Going to give NV a go again though, and see if that keeps me busy for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Kiith wrote: »
    I tried playing it recently, and just couldn't stick with it for some reason. I modded the crap out of it, but it just didn't hold my attention like it did originally. Going to give NV a go again though, and see if that keeps me busy for a while.

Always wanted to do a runthrough where I allign myself with Caesar but never got around to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

crybaby wrote: »
    Is it worth the few bob to go back play Fallout 3 ? Or has it aged badly? Can remember playing it years ago but never finishing the thing.

You won't regret it,get the goty edition

Nv was good but it didn't hold my attention like fallout 3 .

Just stay away from the DLC if you are on consoles (PS3 anyway).

It is pretty unplayable in both cases.

Fallout 3 can also be a bitch for some people to get working on Windows 7 or 8. It took a fair bit of messing around for it to work for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Fallout 3 can also be a bitch for some people to get working on Windows 7 or 8. It took a fair bit of messing around for it to work for me.

the multi-core thing?

took me a while to figure that out too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya it wouldn't work for me on windows 8, kept crashing after about 5minutes, so I had too play it on ps3 and after a while that was torture because it kept crashing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Nv was good but it didn't hold my attention like fallout 3 .

:eek: NV was brilliant Seph!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nah I had to force myself to finish it aswell the first time I played it. III was in my top 5 games of all time and I played it 3 times in a row non-stop after first getting it but NV just didnt grab me either, it was good but I was really sick of it by the time it ended even though it had its high points like Hoover Dam etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

hope the next fallout is in china,heards rumors its going to be set in Boston but it seems to similar to fallout 3 imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I can't wait for a new Fallout. I'm holding off getting the PS4 until either this or a new Elder Scrolls comes along. Fingers crossed might be the "slim" version of it by then too.

:eek: NV was brilliant Seph!

Dont get me wrong it was but I just preferred Fallout 3's universe :D

Great too see bethesda's Conference is on first on sunday , hopefully they'll have good news for us :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

hope the next fallout is in china,heards rumors its going to be set in Boston but it seems to similar to fallout 3 imo

I don't think China would work, I feel the reason being set in the US works, aside from English language of course, is that the retro setting from that era suits the game so well.
    The music, the clothes, the building styles, the artistic style.

I'm starting to think maybe you're joking with it being in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

It will be Boston. A game of this size cannot remain completely under the radar and when it has surfaced from time to time, it has always been linked to Boston. No other city has been mentioned or rumoured.

Looking forward to seeing what is on offer as I have always been more of a Fallout fan than an Elder Scrolls one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I liked both 3 and NV including DLC and I cannot wait for another.

I preferred 3, it had Liam Neeson! NV was lacking something, even if Saul Tigh from BSG was the first voice you heard when you started playing -
    I enjoyed NV enough to play a second time all the way through, but i'd done that with F3 about 5 times, and F1 & 2 at least 20 each :D

I'd actually love if they made 4 an isometric turn based RPG again, man that'd be sweet

I preferred 3, it had Liam Neeson! NV was lacking something, even if Saul Tigh from BSG was the first voice you heard when you started playing -
    I enjoyed NV enough to play a second time all the way through, but i'd done that with F3 about 5 times, and F1 & 2 at least 20 each :D

I'd actually love if they made 4 an isometric turn based RPG again, man that'd be sweet

You're in the minority there :D

Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever come close to exiting the vault in Fo3 for the 1st time in 1st person. Single best gaming moment I 've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was impressive alright but I think Bioshock's opening beats it for shere awe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Or coming into Mexico in Red Dead Redemption.
    You're so far, so far away
    You're so far, so far away

Incredible.

I'm terms of Fallout 4; I doubt it will be set outside of the US. I also doubt it will be a turn-based RPG! I just hope it will be made and that it's even a fraction as good as 3. What an unbelievable universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever come close to exiting the vault in Fo3 for the 1st time in 1st person. Single best gaming moment I 've had.

Couldn't agree with this more. Bought FO3 on a whim, never heard of it before and thought to myself coming out "Holy ****, this is great, but where the f*ck do I go now?!". Completely changed my gaming life/outlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Couldn't agree with this more. Bought FO3 on a whim, never heard of it before and thought to myself coming out "Holy ****, this is great, but where the f*ck do I go now?!". Completely changed my gaming life/outlook.

Same here

FO3 was the game I bought with the 360 and I got so much mileage out of it. In 2015 alone I've played the main quest line twice, that says a hell of a lot for a 7 year old game!

Much preferred New Vegas tbh.

Saying that I loved Fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cleared FO3 a load of times, pure joy each time (besides ps3 bugs). I could never get into NV, tried about 4 times, got to the same part everytime and just stopped playing, not sure why. I wonder if 4 will be set in Boston like the rumours or if that was a complete fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Same as that, cleared FO3 and the Broken Steel DLC (didn't bother with the rest), but once I got to the battle of the dam in NV I just didn't care. That said, I think I preferred NV up to that point. I'm not sure why, probably because of the array of weapons and the fact it had a bit more life about it than 3. I must go back and finish NV again. I got it for the laptop there a while back, never played it (only played it on 360 before that) - might mod it up and give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sure way to stop a lot of people buying it, myself included. I'm seriously looking forward to it, but making it turn based would immediately put me off for life.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    I could never get into NV, tried about 4 times, got to the same part everytime and just stopped playing, not sure why.

If you're like me, it was soon after getting to the strip. I think i managed to finish the main story once, but i lost interest the second time when i got to the strip, just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fully modded, New Vegas almost looks like a current release. It's really an incredible experience.

Getting a fully modded version to work without crashing on the other hand, is not an easy task.

You're in the minority there :D

maybe, but then if i said i really love FPS's i'd be lying to myself too, besides that very part you're talking about in F3, it was really special moment in Fallout too

There's just something S.P.E.C.I.A.L about the original that doesn't translate at all into the fps versions.

maxresdefault.jpg

I know all of those skills are mostly all still there and more, but that was an awesome RPG skill & talent system, and it just took one page, not three flips through a pipboy. It was neat and all the info was there for ye on one page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

maybe, but then if i said i really love FPS's i'd be lying to myself too, besides that very part you're talking about in F3, it was really special moment in Fallout too

There's just something S.P.E.C.I.A.L about the original that doesn't translate at all into the fps versions.

I know all of those skills are mostly all still there and more, but that was an awesome RPG skill & talent system, and it just took one page, not three flips through a pipboy. It was neat and all the info was there for ye on one page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Getting a fully modded version to work without crashing on the other hand, is not an easy task.

Do you use a load order and file cleaning programs after installing the mods? Greatly helps increasing the performance and crash prevention.

Advertisement