Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its awesome, pisses tru fusion cores tho.

Need the perks to keep them longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Found myself singing uranium fever in work yesterday. Some strange looks from workmates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

coulda been worse, coulda been rocket 69

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is it easy to control and is it fun?

Just lets you jump triple as high as normal. Pretty handy all the same but it aint no iron man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Those swarms of Stingwings!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Noopti wrote:
    Those swarms of Stingwings!!

Electrify your power armour, does the trick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Is it easy to control and is it fun?

I'm miles off being able to get it just wondering if it's worth the hassle.

Easy to control yeah. It uses AP so the concept is fairly straightforward. I have so many caps I don't worry about the core usage anymore because I can buy like 7 for every 1 I use.

Edit: the quest line to actually get the attachment is pretty spectacular so if you get a chance to do the entire chain I highly recommend it. I was completely engrossed in the whole thing. I made a post a few pages back that explained why I had to reload 4 different times to make some decisions in certain scenarios because I was literally torn about what I wanted to do. Incrediblely immersive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Electrify your power armour, does the trick :P

Oh, didn't even know that was a thing! My tactic with them is to go the long way around and just avoid them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Having the level 2 scrapper perk highlights all materials green that you have marked for search in the world, really handy as it also highlights containers that contain them. I never miss those oil cans anymore now.

I have Scrapper perk 1, will be the 2nd part as soon as I hit the necessary level!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Does the special glitch still work?

Anyone tried it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

allibastor wrote: »
    Does the special glitch still work?

Anyone tried it.

Yeah it does, your timing needs to be spot on for it to work though. I tried it last night and got 2 extra points but stopped and reloaded my save then. It'll probably be useful (if it's still unpatched) for a 2nd playthrough but its too easy an option for the first time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Deep Six wrote: »
    Yeah it does, your timing needs to be spot on for it to work though. I tried it last night and got 2 extra points but stopped and reloaded my save then. It'll probably be useful (if it's still unpatched) for a 2nd playthrough but its too easy an option for the first time around.

Speaking of,
    Is there a way to unpatch your game? I remember on the Xbox 360 you could clear the cache on the system and it would let you go back to previous versions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What's the best sniper rifle? Not laser or plasma or anything, just bullets. I've a pretty deadly looking one at the moment but I think the most i'll get it to with all the mods is about 80 damage or so. Not sure how that compares with what others have?

You can mod up a .50 cal sniper rifle that does 100+ per shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thargor wrote: »
    Are there any energy weapons in this game besides this poxy laser musket?
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That laser musket is savage. Still using it as my go to gun against the big fellas. Well worth upgrading it.

But yes there are much more laser weapons, all class.
    Got me some
    Righteous Authority
    last night, my first Legendary :D

Would have started that questline ages ago if Id known this was the reward, going to mod the sh1t out of it...

Awwhh why did I start reading this thread. All this talk makes me wanna tell work I'm not feeling well and go home and whoore a session out of it :D

Got me some
    Righteous Authority

Would have started that questline ages ago if Id known this was the reward, going to mod the sh1t out of it...

I got one of those too but I swapped it out for something more common fairly soon after , though can't recall why. Likely didn't the scrap I needed for the mods I wanted on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yesterday morning I realised that I had tickets to a show after work that I'd booked months ago and forgotten about since. I'm a big fan of the act and was super excited back in july when I bought the tickets but all I felt when I realised was sadness that I would lose an evening of Fallout :o

Things are bad when it gets to this lads - This is some game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I'm level 13 now and still waiting for some raiders to test my little tunnel of turrets in Sanctuary.

Also have only met 2 types of legendary enemies so far. 3 Legendary
    Mongrels and a Legendary Ghoul. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there is Legendary Armour (got a right arm piece that reduces VATS AP costs by 10%).
    Looking forward to meeting more diverse types.

Anyone wandered into the
    church directly south of Sanctuary (just below the settlement - can't recall the name of it now - it's the third minutemee quest I think) Nothing in the church as such except a hatch that leads to a massive underground rations bunker full of useful things and raiders - lots of aluminum cans and other good "thrash"

Really enjoying the game - haven't encountered one single bug (Touch Wood) on the PS4 yet and love the environment design - much richer than Fallout 3 and NV - don't know what the fuss is with all the bad user reviews on Metacritic - Suspect they are mostly serial bethesda bashers. I think the graphics are perfect for the game. The FPS is savage too.

I'm level 13 now and still waiting for some raiders to test my little tunnel of turrets in Sanctuary.

Prepare to be disappointed. Raiders only attack if a settlement is under-defended, and when they do attack it's like four guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Zillah wrote: »
    Prepare to be disappointed. Raiders only attack if a settlement is under-defended, and when they do attack it's like four guys.

Yep, got told that the drive in was being attacked yesterday (havent touched it building wise) so I fast travelled back, there for like ten minutes and two ghouls attacked and that was it...:mad:

• Advertisement

Also the settlers in Sanctuary keep reminding me of how good a bloke I am.

Little do they know the reality.

As soon as I left Sanctuary the first time I came upon a traveling merchant lady with her caravan of goods. I have 1 charisma and was given the option (within the Dialog wheel of conversation) of demanding she hand over her caps - having just successfully persuaded
    Codsworth to level with me about his "feelings"
    I said what the heck worth a shot. Obviously she was having none of it.

Understandably she refused to deal with me at all then, so I did what any reasonable person just out of cryofreeze would do - I shot her in the face and took her caps.
    When I got to Diamond City and ended up being directed to Valentine's place I consoled his worried secretary and told I would immediately go find him and put her mind at ease. Well I didn't go look for him yet, and that was quite some time ago now 4-5 hours real time, but before I left the office I nipped upstairs and scoured around the boxes, coming upon 4 fusion cores which I promptly pocketed before taking my leave.

I think my questionable actions may be affecting my sleep though as I can't seem to get more that 1 hour in game sleep at a time.

Damn, I may have to start shooting the settlers to make the place more attractive to the raiders.

It'd be awesome if there was some kind of "Major Assault" event, where a settlement could be besieged by a small army and you have to prepare defenses.

Like a tower defense game but in Fallout.

It'd be awesome if there was some kind of "Major Assault" event, where a settlement could be besieged by a small army and you have to prepare defenses.

That would be class, and not too hard to patch in I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

unless it's a horde of supermutants (brutes and a legendary master)with fcuking missile launchers and extremely well armed gunners..at the same time

and yeah, that's happened to me in that house (croup?)on the coast, though i think the supermutants just got dragged into combat by my sentry guns - still, the sentries got owned and so did the settlers :D but.. lots of salvage for me :)

I ignore most of the settlement stuff, but I decided to defend one of them yesterday. After the dust had settled I couldn't find the one settler that had been manning this barren, neglected hellhole of an outpost. I eventually found him dead on the beach, and had a flashback to expertly zapping a plasma bolt into his head during the fray as he ran around trying to defend his home with a pen knife or something. I left him for the Mirelurks.

War. War never changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got me some
    Righteous Authority

Excellent gun, have modded it to around double damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I imagine this will be coming in a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Excellent gun, have modded it to around double damage.
    At modding power level 1? Or did you have to pour perks into it before you could get the higher levels?

I really hate the mod interface tbh, there are literally 10-15 year old games where it was more fun to mod your weapons, I honestly dont have a clue what Im looking at most of the time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

At modding power level 1? Or did you have to pour perks into it before you could get the higher levels?

I really hate the mod interface tbh, there are literally 10-15 year old games where it was more fun to mod your weapons, I honestly dont have a clue what Im looking at most of the time...

You would probably need to max out the science perk and maybe gun nut to level 2 or 3

I know what you mean about the interface but I had a moment the other day where it just clicked and I like it now

Advertisement