Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• froog wrote: »
    Found myself singing uranium fever in work yesterday. Some strange looks from workmates.

It's my ringtone :D
    I mentioned yesterday how class Diamond City radio is.
    Some really well put together original tracks, it's a shame there are only a few.

Anyone know what other radio stations are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's my ringtone :D
    I mentioned yesterday how class Diamond City radio is.
    Some really well put together original tracks, it's a shame there are only a few.

Anyone know what other radio stations are there?

All about radio freedom.

anyone else not using power armor at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Me, might change when I get a few more cores and get sick of clearing out facilities conventionally for the minutemen though. Found a Bobblehead up top in the Corvega assembly plant that makes them last 10% longer last night aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

All about radio freedom.

*patriotic tooting*

• Advertisement

I did for the glowing sea. I didn't use it after that but now that I've completed the game I'm balling around in my T60e all day everyday.

Im not avoiding it but I dont like the HUD !
    + the extra stress of keeping it powered up.
    Have 10 or so cores in my inventory so might give it a bash.
    Must go back and look for that bobble head.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I don't bother with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im not avoiding it but I dont like the HUD !
    + the extra stress of keeping it powered up.
    Have 10 or so cores in my inventory so might give it a bash.
    Must go back and look for that bobble head.
    Follow the gangways on the outside up to the big blue sphere on the foof, theres a table and chair at the very top, no need to go inside at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Anybody
    faced the Mirlurk queen
    yet? That was tough - two mini nukes and a load of missiles. Great Mission :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I'm level 21 and i have used it about 3 times one being the time its required. I'm also playing on Very hard and when im going into an area where i know Deathclaws are ill use it since they one shot me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I only just noticed that Travis (the diamond radio dj) sounds completely different after we shared an "adventure" together.I couldn't stand him at the start of the game :D Really nice touch to add to the immersion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Deep Six wrote: »
    I only just noticed that Travis (the diamond radio dj) sounds completely different after we shared an "adventure" together.I couldn't stand him at the start of the game :D Really nice touch to add to the immersion.

That's kind of the whole point of the adventure, you're told that by our Ruskie friend. Personally I thought he was much more entertaining before.

"...taken over by...monsters? or fish...? or monster fish...?"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Everytime I got drawn into the game - which is quite frequently at this point! - I can always rely on the jankiness of Gamebryo to suck me right back out.

Was playing the Taking Independence mission earlier -
    the queen was a nasty surprise!
    - and at the end Preston appeared to have teleported all the way back to Sanctuary! Had to fast travel and wait for him to show back up and trigger the next section of the mission :/

I'm finding it rare that there isn't a mission where there's some messiness with the objective markers, or stunted, awkward conversations that simply don't flow anywhere near as well as they should. It really does feel like a game held together at the seams with economy wonderglue. Full-on glitches are rare - although bizarrely I did come across one area where there was blocks of empty blurry textures floating above the actual ones :pac: - but after the Witcher 3 and MGSV the technology here limits the entire design and scope of the game. There's lots to like - I've warmed to the combat, and some of the very strong environment storytelling in the different locations is what sets the game apart. There's lots of room for experimentation when it comes to loot and mechanics too (really wish the SPECIAL points were doled out a bit more generously at times :(). But this needs to be the last game made in that cursed, creaky engine if Bethesda really want to take their ambitions and quality to another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Everytime I got drawn into the game - which is quite frequently at this point! - I can always rely on the jankiness of Gamebryo to suck me right back out.

Was playing the Taking Independence mission earlier -
    the queen was a nasty surprise!
    - and at the end Preston appeared to have teleported all the way back to Sanctuary! Had to fast travel and wait for him to show back up and trigger the next section of the mission :/

I'm finding it rare that there isn't a mission where there's some messiness with the objective markers, or stunted, awkward conversations that simply don't flow anywhere near as well as they should. It really does feel like a game held together at the seams with economy wonderglue. Full-on glitches are rare - although bizarrely I did come across one area where there was blocks of empty blurry textures floating above the actual ones :pac: - but after the Witcher 3 and MGSV the technology here limits the entire design and scope of the game. There's lots to like - I've warmed to the combat, and some of the very strong environment storytelling in the different locations is what sets the game apart. There's lots of room for experimentation when it comes to loot and mechanics too (really wish the SPECIAL points were doled out a bit more generously at times :(). But this needs to be the last game made in that cursed, creaky engine if Bethesda really want to take their ambitions and quality to another level.

Couldn't agree more about the engine. I have developed some small modules in it myself and it was not fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

While on a quest last night I found a bed and decided to take a little sleep. Woke up nice and refreshed so I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was fighting a Deathclaw last night with a Sword and i hit him so hard in VATs he flew about 200 metres straight up into the air and died from the fall back down

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was like that too. Now I am only taking it off when I find another power armour and jew in me just forces me to haul it back to Base. I got like 5 power armours now. Can you give one of tjem to follower?
    I got 40 cores now and they are not an issue. They are very common. Maxed out perk for power armour power drain too. My issue are not cores now, but aluminium lol. It's bastard to fix the damn thing. :)

I am level 29 with 38 hours in. It is very easy now. I think I might start doing a little bit of main quest hehe.

How to those trading outpost work? Do I need supply them with stuff to sell? What is their purpose all together?
    By the way do settlers collect stuff they assigned for? Like vegetables? I cam set it for water, do they collect that?
    What do scavenging stations give?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Are the missions for the scribe and that Rhys lad in the BoS just missions that are repeated ad infinitum? i.e. is there a point to doing all the 'clear out' missions, or will they just keep coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

so asteroid just flew over me and crashed when i was just roaming around. might be something, but i've no idea where it landed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

50 unarmed hobos vs 1 deathclaw in my 51 Enter Only One Leaves Contest did not go as I thought it would.

8C969D60D16B7AB76DE0BB88D6AE00502FE17F5E

Hobos won suffered only when torn apart, normal attacks did not harm them. Disappointed in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

S9rlmCT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

froog wrote: »
    so asteroid just flew over me and crashed when i was just roaming around. might be something, but i've no idea where it landed.

Its a space ship.

If you want to discover it naturally dont look at the my spoiler.

I was like that too. Now I am only taking it off when I find another power armour and jew in me just forces me to haul it back to Base. I got like 5 power armours now. Can you give one of tjem to follower?
    I got 40 cores now and they are not an issue. They are very common. Maxed out perk for power armour power drain too. My issue are not cores now, but aluminium lol. It's bastard to fix the damn thing. :)

I am level 29 with 38 hours in. It is very easy now. I think I might start doing a little bit of main quest hehe.

How to those trading outpost work? Do I need supply them with stuff to sell? What is their purpose all together?
    By the way do settlers collect stuff they assigned for? Like vegetables? I cam set it for water, do they collect that?
    What do scavenging stations give?

They supply themselves. ..and your workstation with bottle caps :)

Settlers assigned to scavenging stations will fill your work station with stuff. I believe they prioritise loot you've tagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I just do not use the power power, no real interest, I'm happy in my Wanderer outfit and minuteman hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've just been hanging around with Piper in my Silver Shroud outfit, thinking I'm the Wasteland's Dick Tracey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Anyone come across the 'wounded dog' yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Anyone come across the 'wounded dog' yet?
    Yeah when I was doing those radio quests. The ones where you can hear it better as you get closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So... Cait though that I am pretty cool guy. She told me her story, which was cool. I had option to flirt with her, but I did not had my "pimp" charisma outfit on. So she friend zoned me like a boss.
    Will there be a chance again to try to get in to her... Good standing? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've just been hanging around with Piper in my Silver Shroud outfit, thinking I'm the Wasteland's Dick Tracey.

Ive been using that for the vast majority of my playthrough. It looks so sharp and has good stats. Did you
    save Kent when he got captured?
    If you did, he can upgrade it for you for free.

Advertisement