Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Not enough hours in the day. Finally found a hunting rifle and turned it into a savage sniper but missing the suppressor (can't find enough screws!!!) One shotting super mutants is dead handy but need a silencer soon. Glowing Sea is next for me but in gonna lash into side quests before that, have about 20 and they all sound interesting.

Glowing Sea is a really fun but stressful area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

trixiebust wrote: »
    35 hours in and I've only made it to Diamond City now :D Every minute or two of my wandering brings me another quest / sidequest.

Still don't think I've even scratched the surface with this game.

Same here - I have so many quests active I have no idea which one is the main questline.

I'm loving the NPC dialogue. I've got strong at the moment and he's gas. A guy was telling me a story of how raiders killed his daughter and my character shared the story of his lost son. While they were having their moment Strong, with a look of disgust says "Urgh, super mutants not have little ones!"

I don't feel the need to pick up guns anymore. I've got an OP shotgun and the alien blaster for close quarters then for long range I have a high fire rate unsighted sniper and for super long range, my favourite weapon is this bad boy (any tips on upping the damage?)

http://i.imgur.com/uHnNd7a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just going to leave this here... (not mine)

http://imgur.com/a/JfT8p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just going to leave this here... (not mine)

http://imgur.com/a/JfT8p

Savage! After every quest, i head back to sanctuary to add an item or 2 but i can see myself making a mega town in time for the 1st DLC. Barely scratched the surface and already can't wait for the DLC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

x43r0 wrote: »
    Same here - I have so many quests active I have no idea which one is the main questline.

Pro tip: Main Quests have a moving graphic on the right side of the pip boy :pac:

Non moving graphic = side

Nothing means its a fetch quest or some **** :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Glowing Sea is a really fun but stressful area.

I can't stand Glowing Sea at all. Was there earlier and the place makes me feel uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I have the Glowing Sea quest too but it will probably be quite a while before I go there. Doing the bos quests at the moment and have about 9 other side quests active. This is most definitely GOTY for me, no other game this year has hooked me so much (save file says I have 38 hours played already :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hazmat suit is the right job for the glowing sea, as well as your power armour of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vault 81 was a massive waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I can't stand Glowing Sea at all. Was there earlier and the place makes me feel uncomfortable.

:pac:

Its not supposed to be a walk in the park. Its the irradiated wasteland of the irradiated wasteland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Pro tip: Main Quests have a moving graphic on the right side of the pip boy :pac:

Non moving graphic = side

Nothing means its a fetch quest or some **** :)

Cheers for that. As someone else posted above, I've so many active quests I didn't know which were main / side quests.

Just found myself happily wandering around the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J Mysterio wrote: »
    :pac:

Its not supposed to be a walk in the park. Its the irradiated wasteland of the irradiated wasteland.

Well ya learn something new everyday!

J. Marston wrote: »

I thought it was quite clever. How did it end up for you? Spoiler it in case other people haven't found it yet. I also got a very unique crazy weapon from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

got my anti sea radiation perk and went swimming off the coast to all the boats. disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just got a Gauss Rifle, 198 damage! lots of fun too be had here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I thought it was quite clever. How did it end up for you? Spoiler it in case other people haven't found it yet. I also got a very unique crazy weapon from it.

Agreed. It was one of those areas that showed that total immersion and taking your time makes the game more interesting. Read everything, loot everything. And there's a bobblehead.

The Castle is a bitch BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Also; Swan!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

9oJborm.png

For the Rick and Morty fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

J. Marston wrote: »

I thought the same at first. Did you
    find the cat outside the vault? It starts a whole questline for the Vault
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Hazmat suit is the right job for the glowing sea, as well as your power armour of course :)

Oh take the power armour. A Hazmat suit will not protect you from the horrors of that place. Its one of few areas in the game that i just made a B-Line for the quest marker as i was to scared to explore, even in Power Armour. Will get back there at some stage

Oh take the power armour. A Hazmat suit will not protect you from the horrors of that place. Its one of few areas in the game that i just made a B-Line for the quest marker as i was to scared to explore, even in Power Armour. Will get back there at some stage

I think you misunderstood me. I meant you can wear the hazmat suit underneath your power armour which is what I'm doing :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You will mostly likely go back but further into it, thankfully as its a very late in game mission the game ups the difficulty considerably and only puts legendarys there. 2 legendary radscorpions and 1 legendary deathclaw.....not so much fun.

oh legendary flying bastards too, i hate tem guyz.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Also; Swan!

Just found Swan. Beat him but still... WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Also just found Swan, pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just got ambushed by a Legendary Mirelurk Hunter.

Jsesus was it tough. Got t a pretty sweet gun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I built a shit load of mutfruit but they're too close together. I can't select them to move them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I built a shooting range in Sanctuary for people to gather (with the help of a bell of course) and watch me show off my skills. Got tired of knocking bottles off a distant counter so I picked one volunteer and stood him down at the end of the range while trying to balance a bottle on his head. Wouldn't work so I tried placing a bucket on it first to try a develop a stable flat surface for the bottle to rest on...couldn't even get that damn thing over his head, this game is ruined for me. Is there any sort of hat I can give this brave young gentleman that will make this task easier? I need to do this.

Just beat a Glowing One, turned around to find this. Where the **** did you find that Nick??? A Bayonetted Missile launcher. ..why...just why! He was waving it around like a mad man.

368987.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

froog wrote: »
    got my anti sea radiation perk and went swimming off the coast to all the boats. disappointing.

I swam out to one in my hazmat suit (off Salem). Very dissapointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just cleared the Castle Mission. Is there anyway to clear all the mirelurk **** out of the place. I wanted to resettle the place but it looks terrible with all that **** lying about. Disapointing

• Advertisement

Just cleared the Castle Mission. Is there anyway to clear all the mirelurk **** out of the place. I wanted to resettle the place but it looks terrible with all that **** lying about. Disapointing

It disappears after a few days.

Advertisement