Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vault 75 is grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So there's that Brotherhood of Steel mission in the airport,
    where Initiate Clarke is steeling supplies and feeding feral ghouls in the underground
    I told him to turn himself in and he said he would but that he 'would follow later'. He had also had a flash of anger during the conversation and I thought I may have had to fight him. I didnt trust the little bastard and tried to get dialogue again to insist he goes now or with me - I couldnt leave him down there after what he was up to!

Anyway, as it appeared I had to leave him there... I shot him! I actually genuinely felt pretty upset with myself afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I was bored in work on the night shift... Nobody around... Went home and played 3 hours of fallout and came back in.... I actually got paid to play Fallout tonight.
    Ssshhhh ... Don't tell anyone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Level 11, Sanctuary now has a turret and a house. I put in an office, a gaming system and some beds.
    I know you can play games on the Pip Boy but the Moniter has better graphics. :D

Put in a floor safe to keep stuff I'm not using yet in. The combination is the OH birthday. :(
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

J Mysterio wrote: »
    So there's that Brotherhood of Steel mission in the airport,
    where Initiate Clarke is steeling supplies and feeding feral ghouls in the underground
    I told him to turn himself in and he said he would but that he 'would follow later'. He had also had a flash of anger during the conversation and I thought I may have had to fight him. I didnt trust the little bastard and tried to get dialogue again to insist he goes now or with me - I couldnt leave him down there after what he was up to!

Anyway, as it appeared I had to leave him there... I shot him! I actually genuinely felt pretty upset with myself afterwards.

Is that a continuation of the Cambridge Police Station quest? How many more of these happablap converters do I have to locate?!

Also, is there a better armour than Combat Armour, aside from Power Armour obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I read here in power armor that you can have a number of sets,
    Do I need to build more power armor station in sanctuary, or do I just rock up in them and leave them there.

Playing on ps4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Just getting back to Diamond City Blues now and I have to
    find Marovskis chemlab
    . The map looks like it should be in the
    fishpacking plant
    but I've searched the entire place twice and still can't find it. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Deep Six wrote: »
    find Marovskis chemlab
    fishpacking plant

It is in the plant you only have to gain access to the place nothing else....unique way to gain entrance all the same. Google it....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Does killing legendary beasts give you weapons? Ill probably still fight them just to avoid leaving them behind me but if its just Mirelurk Meat Id rather avoid pouring half my ammo reserves into them...

Also at the start I scrapped a couple of entire houses in Sanctuary now I cant do it anymore, can anyone remember how its done? Think Ill clean the place up tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Anyone getting really bored of the mission dialogs? I find myself skipping through now most times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Legendary creatures give unique weapons and armour with special gimmicks. Sometimes they're lame, sometimes they're incredible.

You can only scrap "ruined houses" unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Legendary enemies usually give unique armor that have perks attached and they're not so bad, id recommend fighting any you come across.

You can only scrap 'destroyed houses' , ones you can't actually enter .

I mean if I see a legendary Radscorpion and kill it then when I search it it could be carrying a legendary gun and armour? The animals I mean, I don't remember taking weapons of any dead animals in Skyrim or Fallout 3, I know human legendaries will have weapons...

froog wrote: »
    Anyone getting really bored of the mission dialogs? I find myself skipping through now most times.
    I turned on dialogue subtitles and started reading them and skipping to the next line with a left click almost straight away, the black guy who gives you the Minutemen missions just would not shut up with his droning voice.

T-t-t-triple post! Does anyone think your character should be a little more shocked and confused by his situation? Doesnt seem right somehow... I suppose the world was going to sh1t in his old life though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thargor wrote: »
    I mean if I see a legendary Radscorpion and kill it then when I search it it could be carrying a legendary gun and armour? The animals I mean, I don't remember taking weapons of any dead animals in Skyrim or Fallout 3, I know human legendaries will have weapons...

yeah they have some stuff it can be anything, who is to question why a Mirelurk has a rocket launcher, I just think to myself he ate it one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Thargor wrote: »
    T-t-t-triple post! Does anyone think your character should be a little more shocked and confused by his situation? Doesnt seem right somehow... I suppose the world was going to sh1t in his old life though.

Dialogue/acting is dire and that's one of the first things I noticed as well. Just woken from an enforced sleep, world has moved on, baby stolen and wife shot but lets just awkwardly shoot the breeze with this stranger I met....

Dialogue/acting is dire and that's one of the first things I noticed as well. Just woken from an enforced sleep, world has moved on, baby stolen and wife shot but lets just awkwardly shoot the breeze with this stranger I met....

Yeah, noticed that myself also. Considering last Gen games such as Bioshock did such a good job of acting out simple things to make you believe the player has some emotional baggage with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

allibastor wrote: »
    I read here in power armor that you can have a number of sets,
    Do I need to build more power armor station in sanctuary, or do I just rock up in them and leave them there.

You can exit power armor and leave it anywhere around your base, as many sets as you like if you found extras. The armor stations are just for repairing and customising your power armor. You only technically need one but if you have the high charisma the Local Leader perk will allow you to create more at a base for convenience.

Make sure to take out the Fusion Core when you park a power armor suit or one of your settlers might get into it and start roaming around in it :D

Cravez wrote: »
    You can exit power armor and leave it anywhere around your base, as many sets as you like if you found extras. The armor stations are just for repairing and customising your power armor. You only technically need one but if you have the high charisma the Local Leader perk will allow you to create more at a base for convenience.

Make sure to take out the Fusion Core when you park a power armor suit or one of your settlers might get into it and start roaming around in it :D

Cheers. Was just wondering as I have an older T45 that i have a cool paint job on a small amount of mods, but got a t50 a didnt want one to replace the other.

ANother question, how do I get people to move to my base, or else move them to other bases. I have 3 bases now but only 1 has people living at it, 5 in total!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Cheers. Was just wondering as I have an older T45 that i have a cool paint job on a small amount of mods, but got a t50 a didnt want one to replace the other.

ANother question, how do I get people to move to my base, or else move them to other bases. I have 3 bases now but only 1 has people living at it, 5 in total!!!

I think you need to build a radio beacon - That draws people to your settlement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

find Marovskis chemlab
    fishpacking plant
    The entrance is outside. You can't get to the chem lab from inside the fish plant.

I really wouldn't bother doing much to power sets early on, wait till you get the X ones and have a few sets to mix and match a full set to best suit you then start putting resources into it. You may find you have parts from different set that better suit, they dont have to be matching parts of a set.

x43r0 wrote: »
    I think you need to build a radio beacon - That draws people to your settlement

It took me forever to work this out. I could never get Sanctuary to grow - I thought the beacons were just for new settlements.

Zillah wrote: »
    It took me forever to work this out. I could never get Sanctuary to grow - I thought the beacons were just for new settlements.

I built a bell? it said it attracts people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I built a bell? it said it attracts people.

The bell will call all settlers and followers in the settlement to that point, useful if you can't find a companion walking around the area. It won't attract new settlers though, only the radio beacon will do that.

The bell will call all settlers and followers in the settlement to that point, useful if you can't find a companion walking around the area. It won't attract new settlers though, only the radio beacon will do that.

Haha, that's hilarious.

Some day I'm going to call them all into an enclosed square and declare that I, their glorious leader, have gotten a message from the alien mothership and it is time to depart, and then flame thrower them all.

Just one more chapter in the story of the wasteland.

Zillah wrote: »
    Haha, that's hilarious.

Some day I'm going to call them all into an enclosed square and declare that I, their glorious leader, have gotten a message from the alien mothership and it is time to depart, and then flame thrower them all.

Just one more chapter in the story of the wasteland.

Get them all in one spot and then drop the Fatman!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

froog wrote:

I only discovered last night by pressing different buttons to skip the dialogue makes my protagonist make different noises. For example, on Xbox I always pressed X or A to skip and he'd just go "yeah" or "mm-hmm" but I start pressing B to skip and he says stuff like "bleugh" and "yada yada yada" lol

• Advertisement

Still struggling with this fupping crafting interface:

Up until now the Red Rocket Diner has been my base, I come back from a mission loaded down with crap, I go over to the weapons bench and dump it all in there, but now I have the Armourer perk so Im going to start boosting my gear there aswell, does that mean I have to move all the stuff in the weapons bench over to the Armour bench? Or does it all count as one settlement?

Advertisement