Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Thargor wrote: »
    Still struggling with this fupping crafting interface:

Up until now the Red Rocket Diner has been my base, I come back from a mission loaded down with crap, I go over to the weapons bench and dump it all in there, but now I have the Armourer perk so Im going to start boosting my gear there aswell, does that mean I have to move all the stuff in the weapons bench over to the Armour bench? Or does it all count as one settlement?

Anything stored in one bench is accessible at all other benches in the settlement. When you get the Local Leader perk, you'll be able to create a supply line between settlements which means all your crafting stuff in one is available in the others too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

How do you set a settler to go between bases with the local leader perk?
    I want to be able to use my crafting stations at each base.

Also, who do you collect steal and such out in the world. Its a pity you cant scrap cars you find on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

allibastor wrote: »

Also, who do you collect steal and such out in the world. Its a pity you cant scrap cars you find on the road.
    Out in the world you should be grabbing microscopes, telephones, light bulbs, aluminum cans etc, not concrete/steel thats just in build mode in settlements, anything with glass or springs or circuitry in it is valuable.

Out in the world you should be grabbing microscopes, telephones, light bulbs, aluminum cans etc, not concrete/steel thats just in build mode in settlements, anything with glass or springs or circuitry in it is valuable.

Is it just bascially whatever goes into the junk pile in my screen?

I got a load of military grade circuit boards, but I think i dumped everything in my junk pile when i was overweight!!!!

Probably a stupid question, but do I have to give my companion relevant ammo for whatever gun they're carrying/I give them, or is that needed? I have one of mine carrying a minigun, which is proving fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Go in to build mode and approach a settler, you should have an option for supply line (r1 on ps4) then select the settlement you want to link up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Probably a stupid question, but do I have to give my companion relevant ammo for whatever gun they're carrying/I give them, or is that needed? I have one of mine carrying a minigun, which is proving fantastic.

Yep, you do. They will fire their default gun without giving them ammo but it is generally garbage.

Though sometimes I have noticed they will fire without the ammo for a while. No idea why, maybe they are picking up ammo on their own?

Is it just bascially whatever goes into the junk pile in my screen?

I got a load of military grade circuit boards, but I think i dumped everything in my junk pile when i was overweight!!!!
    Yeah, whenever you destroy a turret you should gather up all that stuff, the circuit boards etc are hard to come by. It all goes in the junk pile of whatever settlement you dumped it in, if you want to use it to build stuff you have to use the benches in that particular settlement...

Where are you getting enough minigun ammo to have your companion carrying one? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just a quick post that a mod was developed last night that allows ammo to be crafted. A much needed edition to the game. Will try and find the link when I get home.

PS: there's an updated nexus mod manager for fallout 4 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Where are you getting enough minigun ammo to have your companion carrying one? :eek:

It your companion is carrying one weapon their ammo is unlimited (I believe).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

They will fire their default gun without giving them ammo but it is generally garbage.

Paladin "Actually a Space Marine" Danse would disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

It your companion is carrying one weapon their ammo is unlimited (I believe).

By that logic, surely you could just give your companion a fatman and they would just destroy everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I only discovered last night by pressing different buttons to skip the dialogue makes my protagonist make different noises. For example, on Xbox I always pressed X or A to skip and he'd just go "yeah" or "mm-hmm" but I start pressing B to skip and he says stuff like "bleugh" and "yada yada yada" lol

you should drink some alcohol and then skip dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dermo wrote:
    you should drink some alcohol and then skip dialogue.

I'll try it out :D

Another stupid question, but how do I break down materials.

I was reading online that breaking the materials down before putting them in junk is better as you get more resource usage from each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Another stupid question, but how do I break down materials.

I was reading online that breaking the materials down before putting them in junk is better as you get more resource usage from each one.

there are conflicting reports on this but i belive that it was confirmed that the items break down to all the components but that the unused are invisible for a time for some reason

there are conflicting reports on this but i belive that it was confirmed that the items break down to all the components but that the unused are invisible for a time for some reason

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/242690/how-can-i-break-items-down-into-their-components

This is what i was reading. Does seem a shame if this is the case with modding and junk/materials as it is a bad use of a good system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just found Swan. Beat him but still... WTF!

Yeah needed to come back with the power armour and big guns. The fist he drops can't be equipped with the armor which is disappointing. He is my second big kill of five though.

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/242690/how-can-i-break-items-down-into-their-components

This is what i was reading. Does seem a shame if this is the case with modding and junk/materials as it is a bad use of a good system

I can confirm that materials are added when you break them down I have done some testing to figure it out.

The way it works is when you break the item down the numbers do not reflect the change in the number of resources you have until something interacts with that particular resource again such as using it or adding to it by other means. You do have the resources but the number you see does not reflect the actual integer that keeps track in the background until it is updated again.

• Advertisement

http://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/fallout-4-guide-what-to-do-with-junk/

Also here says same about parts not being kept after 1 item from junk is used.

Think I've ran into a gamebreaking bug. It's story-centric, so will spoiler it, but any help is greatly appreciated.
    The quest the Molecular Level -

I had built all the components and wired them up, but when it said to turn on the console, my character kept saying to make sure they're all on the same grid. So I stored everything, including my generators, in the workshop, and moved them to a space I had cleared for more room. Everything is built and, as far as I can tell, wired up correctly - at least the icon for power is green - but it keeps just saying "power up the signal interceptor" as the quest, with no options to access the console.

Gamebreaking from the point of view that I'm not sure if I've any useful saves.

Edit: Never mind.
    Had to connect them to the beam emitter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Think I've ran into a gamebreaking bug. It's story-centric, so will spoiler it, but any help is greatly appreciated.
    The quest the Molecular Level -

I had built all the components and wired them up, but when it said to turn on the console, my character kept saying to make sure they're all on the same grid. So I stored everything, including my generators, in the workshop, and moved them to a space I had cleared for more room. Everything is built and, as far as I can tell, wired up correctly - at least the icon for power is green - but it keeps just saying "power up the signal interceptor" as the quest, with no options to access the console.

Gamebreaking from the point of view that I'm not sure if I've any useful saves.
    Did you put the triangular base directly under the big stand on the tree legs? It should snap together. Go into construction mode and rotate it around (right mouse button). It should snap in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm trying to make the most of my companions and maxing them out and swapping them out for another one. Already maxed Piper and romanced her. tried to max Danse but it turns out
    you can't max him out until a quest later on
    . Maxed Preston(i think) and am currently maxing out Valentine. Strong is possibly my least likely to max out since he hates power armour, which I kind of like. Anyone else out there really easy to max with a stealth/hacking/lockpicking approach?

I made a crazy mistake last night.

Major midgame spoilers!!!

I went into the Institute
    and Father started to talk to me over the intercom. Saw my son in the box and got introduced to Father. Shot him in the face and my mission updated to "Leave the Institute". Thought there was something up with it so I decided to reload the save right before it and then realised I made a huge mistake the first time round having shot my son in the face. Whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

How do you know when a character is maxed out? When they give you their quest line?

BKtje wrote: »
    How do you know when a character is maxed out? When they give you their quest line?

It pops up telling you that you have unlocked their perk for reaching maximum relationship or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

I'm trying to make the most of my companions and maxing them out and swapping them out for another one. Already maxed Piper and romanced her. tried to max Danse but it turns out
    . Maxed Preston(i think) and am currently maxing out Valentine. Strong is possibly my least likely to max out since he hates power armour, which I kind of like. Anyone else out there really easy to max with a stealth/hacking/lockpicking approach?

and Father started to talk to me over the intercom. Saw my son in the box and got introduced to Father. Shot him in the face and my mission updated to "Leave the Institute". Thought there was something up with it so I decided to reload the save right before it and then realised I made a huge mistake the first time round having shot my son in the face. Whoops!

Deacon is the companion you're after. He's useless once he gets spotted though ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah, cait was very impressed how I lied to railroad lol. So she went for full on sexy talk. She was not impressed with me in my power armour amd dirty military slacks. She friend zoned me lol. So I had to restart, put on my lovely suit, hat and glasses and what do you know. She is now my sleeping buddy. :)
    By the way did they patched up fallout a bit? Loading times look a bit better on xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

To people finished the main quest
    Ive gotten the information off the courser chip and now have to go back to Virgil
    how far are my from the end of the main story?
    cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can rank up your companions ? How do you switch between then ?

Advertisement