Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Made an aluminium baseball bat with two circular saw blades attached at the end.

Time to swing for the fences!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

It pops up telling you that you have unlocked their perk for reaching maximum relationship or something.

Haven't had that yet. Guess I better get the other companions back into the fighting game so ;) Cheers

• Ah, cait was very impressed how I lied to railroad lol. So she went for full on sexy talk. She was not impressed with me in my power armour amd dirty military slacks. She friend zoned me lol. So I had to restart, put on my lovely suit, hat and glasses and what do you know. She is now my sleeping buddy. :)
    By the way did they patched up fallout a bit? Loading times look a bit better on xbox.

Just the day 1 patch so far....unless there was one released today?

I'm running on SSD so its flying for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

To people finished the main quest
    Ive gotten the information off the courser chip and now have to go back to Virgil
    how far are my from the end of the main story?
    cheers!

About 8 missions shy of the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

To people finished the main quest
    Ive gotten the information off the courser chip and now have to go back to Virgil
    how far are my from the end of the main story?
    cheers!

Only a few more hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just a quick post that a mod was developed last night that allows ammo to be crafted. A much needed edition to the game. Will try and find the link when I get home.

PS: there's an updated nexus mod manager for fallout 4 too.

NexusMods for Fallout 4

Craftable Ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I can't find Dogmeat, pretty sure I sent him to Sanctuary but when I ring the bell he doesn't turn up. Anyway to find companions or is he lost to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I can't find Dogmeat, pretty sure I sent him to Sanctuary but when I ring the bell he doesn't turn up. Anyway to find companions or is he lost to me?

Usually hiding in 1 of the dog houses. Go around and destroy all dog houses then build 1 and he should always be there in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Usually hiding in 1 of the dog houses. Go around and destroy all dog houses then build 1 and he should always be there in future.
    So not all hope is lost. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Savage! After every quest, i head back to sanctuary to add an item or 2 but i can see myself making a mega town in time for the 1st DLC. Barely scratched the surface and already can't wait for the DLC :D

How is that possible? Someone please tell me that wasn't done using console commands :( I have it on Xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

How is that possible? Someone please tell me that wasn't done using console commands :( I have it on Xbox

I'm certain they cheated for resources. Given that areas respawn after a time it's not impossible, but you'd be doing ten times as much work as he did without cheating. It would be a waste of your life.

Use batch mods for all junk and unlimited settlement mod.

Dont think its cheating if someone prefers to build **** than actually play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ha, its a real drop:

https://i.imgur.com/Jr1omf2.jpg

Minor spoiler obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Use batch mods for all junk and unlimited settlement mod.

Dont think its cheating if someone prefers to build **** than actually play the game.

Ah that (kind of) sucks :/ I would've liked to build a settlement as big as that but I'll make do with my single oversized shack :P

iiEsnPoh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Silver Shroud quest was a great laugh, especially staying in character. Also now using the costume full time and saved me over 50 lbs in weight. Tommy gun is shyte though and i can't wear the hat on my pompadora wig yoke but it does the job.

The Silver Shroud quest was a great laugh, especially staying in character. Also now using the costume full time and saved me over 50 lbs in weight. Tommy gun is shyte though and i can't wear the hat on my pompadora wig yoke but it does the job.

You can upgrade its armour if Kent is still alive.

You can upgrade its armour if Kent is still alive.

He is indeed....after a reload. Must check in on him. His voice is so familiar.

He is indeed....after a reload. Must check in on him. His voice is so familiar.

I couldnt save him, the dude would say he wants to talk to me then double tap him in the head 3 times i tried.

Poor kent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Oh man - the castle - **** yeah!

Not sure it's been mentioned but you can use HTML tags when naming guns to bold or under line and italic :) Spotted that on another site earlier.

Awesome moment of the day was a long shoot out with a legendary , health down and back up as expected, managed to shoot the gun out of his hand and he rad and got another from a near by strongbox :eek:

• Advertisement

I couldnt save him, the dude would say he wants to talk to me then double tap him in the head 3 times i tried.

Poor kent :(
    Using the Shroud voice, his gang legged it so i opened vats and used my critical bar shot to make sure he went down.

Using the Shroud voice, his gang legged it so i opened vats and used my critical bar shot to make sure he went down.

Never got the chance to talk, just happened 3 times.

Will get him on next playtru waiting for a specific mod to come out before I start it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm coming up on 30 hours played and its just not drawing me in as much as I hoped it would. All the minor little niggles like eccumberance, repairing power armour and the poor graphics and performance are getting to me in a way they wouldn't usually and no part of the story or quest line has grabbed me.

I think the Witcher 3 might have ruined these kind of games for me now.

Have my companions in power armor now there's that much of it :pac:

I hate rolling in to so they might aswell use it

Also managed to make the companion
    Curie into a real girl
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

I'm coming up on 30 hours played and its just not drawing me in as much as I hoped it would. All the minor little niggles like eccumberance, repairin power armour and the poor graphics and performance are getting to me in a way they wouldn't usually and no part of the story or quest line has grabbed me.

I think the Witches 3 might have ruined these kind of games for me now.

yeah i'm kinda the same. half your time is spent running back to various vendors and sanctuary after every mission to offload/sell stuff, it's getting really annoying now. way too much time spent on inventory sorting and management. i find the mission dialogs tedious, the graphics uninspiring, and the loading screens take way too long.

it's a good game, but it's just a bigger fallout 3 really.

could have really used some kind of meta game where you can take your settlers out as an army and fight for territory off other settlements or something, aiming to gradually take over most of the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good Lord, Cait's accent. I can't think of a worse Irish accent in a game.

Anyway, I found Grognak's axe. Disappointing that you can't customise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Took me a while (!) to notice that you can make foundations.

I just spent three hours renovating my castle. Major works expected to continue tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

J. Marston wrote: »
    Good Lord, Cait's accent. I can't think of a worse Irish accent in a game.

Anyway, I found Grognak's axe. Disappointing that you can't customise it.

Damn. I searched where to find it only to be disappointed by it having low damage and being uncustomisable. I have already been to the location and missed it somehow. I'm still wearing Grognak's armour which is found in the same location. +2 STR and 20% more Melee damage, very nice indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Do some people actually use melee as a tactic?... For me it's a last ditch thing but even then I find it worse than useless. And I've got high strength stats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Took me a while (!) to notice that you can make foundations.

I just spent three hours renovating my castle. Major works expected to continue tomorrow.

How do you make foundations ?

Advertisement