Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you make foundations ?

Find them in your workshop menu under Structures > Wood > Floors.

I just googled wish id knew this before

http://www.videogamer.com/features/game_guide/how_to_build_the_best_settlements_in_fallout_4_building_guide_for_beginners.html#build-a-solid-foundation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I have three sets of power armor now at my base.

Went back after clearing a factory for the tenpin farm people and found my food picking settler doing her work in a full set of T-45 flame style power armor.

B1tch didnt even work faster!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do some people actually use melee as a tactic?... For me it's a last ditch thing but even then I find it worse than useless. And I've got high strength stats.
    Wondering this myself, how do you survive the early game with Meelee? I was dying the minute basic raiders saw me in Survival mode at the Corvega factory. What happens when you meet the Supermutants or a Glowing One?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Thargor wrote: »
    Wondering this myself, how do you survive the early game with Meelee? I was dying the minute basic raiders saw me in Survival mode at the Corvega factory. What happens when you meet the Supermutants or a Glowing One?

Ive seen videos of sneak attacks doing 10.5x damage and one shotting legendary alpha deathclaws. I imagine the weapon you have equipped and the perk route make a major difference (ie luck and agility being important for VATS).

Ive seen videos of sneak attacks doing 10.5x damage and one shotting legendary alpha deathclaws. I imagine the weapon you have equipped and the perk route make a major difference (ie luck and agility being important for VATS).

It is mad sometimes, I 2 shotted a raider with my 32 damage handgun last night while sneaking in Vats.

Nothing better than watching a face explode!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I am 50 hours in. Just completed glowing sea. Exploring that place was actually a lot of fun.

I am still flat out playing it since I got it, I haven't played anything else, but I think I am hitting a wall a bit. The only quests I get are the trash quests npcs just fire at you to explore locations. Minitmen settlement, BOS clean up and technology recovery and railroad quests. No more unique interesting ones. Its a shame really as I am getting sick clearing out same hospital over and over.
    Do you get actually good named quests from Bos or Railroad? Or its just those shovelware stuff?

Another pet gripe of mine is armour system in game. I see what they wanted to do, but there is feck all cool armour to wear like in previous games. It all boils down to military outfit and then random pieces of armour. You dont get badass look anymore. I much prefered one aromour slot, but at least it made you look completely different.

I got 530/1000 achievements done and I think it will be the first game where I will try to hunt down as much as possible.

Oh yeah, got x-01 suit, but not full, still missing helmet and one leg. Someone mentioned its the best one. It is enclave looking one? I am still missing helmet to see the whole thing.

So I am 50 hours in. Just completed glowing sea. Exploring that place was actually a lot of fun.

I am still flat out playing it since I got it, I haven't played anything else, but I think I am hitting a wall a bit. The only quests I get are the trash quests npcs just fire at you to explore locations. Minitmen settlement, BOS clean up and technology recovery and railroad quests. No more unique interesting ones. Its a shame really as I am getting sick clearing out same hospital over and over.
    Do you get actually good named quests from Bos or Railroad? Or its just those shovelware stuff?

Another pet gripe of mine is armour system in game. I see what they wanted to do, but there is feck all cool armour to wear like in previous games. It all boils down to military outfit and then random pieces of armour. You dont get badass look anymore. I much prefered one aromour slot, but at least it made you look completely different.

I got 530/1000 achievements done and I think it will be the first game where I will try to hunt down as much as possible.

Oh yeah, got x-01 suit, but not full, still missing helmet and one leg. Someone mentioned its the best one. It is enclave looking one? I am still missing helmet to see the whole thing.

Must have picked up the X-01 in the same place I did, I just stuck a T leg and Helmet on it for the time being.

Think you have to progress the main story missions a little to get new quests, or you could have done them all. In my log I can see I have 13 BoS and 10 minute men ones done. I know the next one will be ones tied to achievements and committing they will be available at main story mission
    molecular level

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

An amazing feat of architecture and engineering. It shows the capabilities of man in such a beautiful and poignant way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

An amazing feat of architecture and engineering. It shows the capabilities of man in such a beautiful and poignant way.

I was just coming here to share that brilliance :D

Skip to 3:40 for anyone who just wants to see what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The music has me in stitches! - literally couldn't have picked a better track :D

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I was just coming here to share that brilliance :D

Skip to 3:40 for anyone who just wants to see what it is.

Hahah, pity that cant be built under normal circumstances!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Haha brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Epic video but not as epic as that new username, fair play man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Epic video but not as epic as that new username, fair play man :pac:

The GOAT must be recognized

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Eurogamer have posted 2 videos on base building which are pretty good. The latest one, advanced base building, shows how you can use the foundations to move a group of structures at the same time. Definitely worth checking out.

Do some people actually use melee as a tactic?... For me it's a last ditch thing but even then I find it worse than useless. And I've got high strength stats.

I play on Very Hard with a Melee focused character that doesn't use stealth. In the early parts of the game i had to use guns and molotov's in most situations to soften the enemy up but at the moment i have a Chinese sword that ignores 40% of enemies armor and it shreds most enemies. But the truth is melee is kind of boring so i use guns from time to time also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

While we're at it, here's my own gaff in sanctuary

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

So I got really annoyed with how I spent my initial SPECIAL points. I ended up deleting all my save files and starting again! 3 hours later I still haven't even made it to Concord I just finished cleaning up Sanctuary as best as I could. There are a few things that are really annoying me there now though. One of the houses has a tree fallen on the roof and I can't remove it because it is outside the workshop zone. Same goes for several picket fences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Coming across hordes of steel makes me excited. Initially I didn't care much for the building system but as my settlement is growing it becomes an addiction just adding to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How do you go past 80% happiness? My feckers never fully happy.
    I know that amount of settlers detergent by charisma+10. So looks like I will need to get 10 charisma to get achievement anyway

• Advertisement

Anyway to move settlers from one place to another? I want everyone like Sturges and Preston to move to the Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Anyway to move settlers from one place to another? I want everyone like Sturges and Preston to move to the Castle

When you have them as a follower you get the option to dismiss them to whatever settlement you want

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

While we're at it, here's my own gaff in sanctuary

Really Cool man. Is that on the PC version?

I have been trying to build a decent base in Sanctuary too but i find the controls very clumsy. I am on PS4.

Is there a max cap on the number of people you can have in a camp? If not, how do i get more people to come? Is it just a matter of more food, water and bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

jmx009 wrote: »
    Really Cool man. Is that on the PC version?

I have been trying to build a decent base in Sanctuary too but i find the controls very clumsy. I am on PS4.

Is there a max cap on the number of people you can have in a camp? If not, how do i get more people to come? Is it just a matter of more food, water and bed?

Tis the pc version yeah, the amount of people depends on your settlement size i think - the size bar when you're in workshop mode will tell ye how big it is - you can have 20 people there and only have a shack with a single bed in it - but it just means their happiness will be shot to hell.

If there's loads of water, and food growing, decent defenses and beds, you have a better chance of getting a settler each day afaik

but yeah, Radio tower, generator, link them both and you'll get loads - check back in to the settlement after a few days ingame time and you should have some more, dont forget to assign them to do stuff too otherwise they just hang around being bums :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Standing against objects lets you peek and shoot,you'll notice your weapon shift sideways. A cool Cover mechanism that seems not to be pointed out in game.

Handy For anyone that might not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i kinda trashed my orignal sanctuary spot and set up at the castle i had to mod so i could build stuff as it had a tiny bar i only needed to stick down a few turrets, sanctuary for now is ehh kinda full of water refineries.

2015-11-20_00001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Came across this map on reddit.

https://i.imgur.com/qktiIVZ.jpg

Anyone else encountered a glitch where you get stuck in an elevator on the way up to the new position of the
    USS Constitution
    :confused:

Just keeps going and going when you enter the one in the middle of the building :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Came across this map on reddit.

http://www.fallout4map.com :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Lost Patrol was a hard slog of a mission. Some good loot though.

Advertisement