Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haven't tried it with NV in a while, but i installed it recently so might give it a go again. Got a fully (50+) modded version of Skyrim working recently, so it might go better this time.

I'm incredibly interested to see what the map size could be like. It could potentially be the size of 3 and NV together, I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'm incredibly interested to see what the map size could be like. It could potentially be the size of 3 and NV together, I would imagine.

That would be lovely.

Given the power of next gen consoles and PCs anything less than a huge map would be disappointing. I think the forthcoming Batman game will be the perfect example of the difference between previous- and next-gen consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd prefer more and better sidequests to that of a huge map.

Some of my favorite from memory were
    - The man who was feeding his family 'passers by' , the cannibals.
    - The one where kids were being kidnapped by slavers
    - The choice to blow up Megaton or Not
    - Boons backstory

If they were to make a much larger map, I'd love the addition of motorbikes. You always see them everywhere in fallout, but never working. A big slow hog of a bike would be great :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Given the power of next gen consoles and PCs anything less than a huge map would be disappointing. I think the forthcoming Batman game will be the perfect example of the difference between previous- and next-gen consoles.

Having a huge map is no good unless it's got quality content in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Having a huge map is no good unless it's got quality content in it.

Agreed, I don't know if we need a map with 90 % derelict buildings that are there just to comb through. There needs to be a story connection of some sort to most of the map to keep it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Agreed, I don't know if we need a map with 90 % derelict buildings that are there just to comb through. There needs to be a story connection of some sort to most of the map to keep it interesting.

It'd be great if the world was seamless, i.e. you open a door to the subway and jsut head down, that its not some seperately loaded area. I have visons of creating mile long trains of enemies and leading them around the map like and insane procession of raiders like you'd see in mad max.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I once came across merchants fighting with raiders and death claws , I hope theres more of that kind of random stuff, never came across anything like that in NV Which was disappointing , I remember finding crow dead , that was cool I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games of all time and agree it had loads of 'wow' moments.

I also found NV to be lacking. It seemed yo be somewhat soulless or something, hard to describe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

New Vegas felt like a game created by a mod team, which it essentially was. That doesnt make it bad.....just unrefined and lacking polish.

Fallout 3 was a much better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It wasnt the polish though - it was more the universe itself.

In Fallout 3 I was having a great time exploring. You'd gear up and venture out and then through a bit of effort in the journey invariably meet some hilarious folk/utter bastards/etc. or see something cool. A crucial point though was these happenings would seem to be really self instigated, like you just stumbled upon something that was going on anyway and walked into a new environment and context.

In NV you were hardly bothered to explore around as, outside of main line story, many of the environments and locations had little depth to them and the characters didnt belong or were a little obvious.

Fallout 3 was genius in its kind of free rolling treasure island of interesting, funny and mayhem inspiring sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I preferred New Vegas. I spent too much time underground in 3 walking through the subway etc...
    3 was more realistic to what would happen if everywhere was full of radiation and you lived in a vault. Very little vegetation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Fallout 4 is hardly going to be worth it if you can't beat the face off Butch and his mom with a baseball bat at the start of the game, an FO environment without this is just pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Had the privilege to be invited to view the cover art for the game ahead of E3. Got a sneaky pic without being spotted

I still don't know anything about the plot but if the cover is anything to go by then I have serious doubts about this game

Spoilers in the image (obviously): http://i.imgur.com/VlFQnT4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

^^Haha! Good one.

Well played sir!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm caught between 3 and NV. I thought New Vegas had a better world but that 3 had a better story and characters. In 3 I wanted to meet everyone and know their story and in Vegas I always wanted to know what was over the next hill/behind that door etc.

If four could have an engaging story and characters but also a nice living world with things to do, I'd never have to go outside again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'm caught between 3 and NV. I thought New Vegas had a better world but that 3 had a better story and characters. In 3 I wanted to meet everyone and know their story and in Vegas I always wanted to know what was over the next hill/behind that door etc.

If four could have an engaging story and characters but also a nice living world with things to do, I'd never have to go outside again. :D

Here's hoping Aaron! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

, I'd never have to go outside again. :D
    Here's hoping Aaron! :D

tumblr_m4g5ceNVWI1qlv146o1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Saw Mad Max at the weekend, really in the mood for some post apocalyptic action now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Saw Mad Max at the weekend, really in the mood for some post apocalyptic action now.

Me too. So I started replaying New Vegas with the graphics mods and bought the dlc add on packs I hadnt played. Game still holds up well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

x43r0 wrote: »
    Had the privilege to be invited to view the cover art for the game ahead of E3. Got a sneaky pic without being spotted

I still don't know anything about the plot but if the cover is anything to go by then I have serious doubts about this game

Spoilers in the image (obviously): http://i.imgur.com/VlFQnT4.jpg

Your some fecker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I refuse to get excited, but I shall hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fallout 3 remastered at the very least worst case. Best case, Fallout 4 for release this time next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yahoooooooooooo!

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

When you take fallout universe the only limit is your imagination. You are not limited by time line and its technology. Those who played fallout 3 and new Vegas know, there is no sillier or more stupid ideas, then stuff encountered in fallout games. Thing is it works in that silly universe.
    Gary?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I can't believe it...

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Don't toy with my emotions Bethesda!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

E3 this year will be fantastic! Now, if only the great GabeN is disturbed by this piece of news he may consult with his colleagues at Valve and wake the mighty HL3 from its slumber. That would make for the greatest E3.

V9bYysQ.gif

giphy.gif

Advertisement