Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

IS anyone else having issues with Codsworth getting stuck in everything and not being able to pass through doors when doing missions with him as your companion?

That's pretty much every companion, the only reason I bring them along any more is that I can load them up with shinies for bringing back to the home base.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Btw if anyone is doing the Kidnapped at Oberland Station quest.. be aware it is a time quest and you fail it if you don't complete it within the allotted time. I lost about 3 hours worth of gameplay trying to find a save where i still had time to complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Btw if anyone is doing the Kidnapped at Oberland Station quest.. be aware it is a time quest and you fail it if you don't complete it within the allotted time. I lost about 3 hours worth of gameplay trying to find a save where i still had time to complete it.

You will have a bout 4000 of those quests and honestly wont give a fcuk about them anymore. They are all timed and pointless quests, same with the attacks on your settlements.

One thing I noticed is if you charm your settlement into giving BOS food it doesnt seem to get attacked again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

How do i get power from outside my building to inside.
    I have built a nice 4 storey but find i need to leave an alcove to bring in a conduit. Is there a way to have the power come from a wall conduit then transfer inside

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You will have a bout 4000 of those quests and honestly wont give a fcuk about them anymore. They are all timed and pointless quests, same with the attacks on your settlements.

One thing I noticed is if you charm your settlement into giving BOS food it doesnt seem to get attacked again.

I did get a message about some of them not being aligned to minutemen any more after I ignored them for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Best find to day was a 44 with the never ending prefix , doesn't have to be reloaded :)

What's the story with that? Like is it just that you never need to reload but it'll use up all your ammo, or is it like infinite ammo too?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can I go attack the Castle at low level or should I wait?

Also big question, does destroying the combat inhibitor not make machines attack allied units any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Thargor wrote: »
    Can I go attack the Castle at low level or should I wait?

If you have a few mininukes you should be alright...

What's the story with that? Like is it just that you never need to reload but it'll use up all your ammo, or is it like infinite ammo too?

Oh, never need to reload but will use ammo. it's a snub nose 6 shooter so with a few mods it can do some serious damage. The 6 shooters always seems to have the best perks from legendary drops, I have irradiated, explosive, never ending and incendiary.

I have Kellogs 44 as my primary weapon does nearly 200 damage with mods and perks.

Obviously kills most things instantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Mirelurk queens, sweet zombie Jesus! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

madcabbage wrote: »
    Mirelurk queens, sweet zombie Jesus! :eek:

I know right!! Talking about it to the lads in work and they said they got it first try, it took me like 5-6 trys :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I did get a message about some of them not being aligned to minutemen any more after I ignored them for a long time.

Just build loads of turrets and the settlements will be fine. I have turrets all over my settlements and in most I well exceed what my food and water are at. They practically never get attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I feel like I'm closing in on the end of the game. I'm not totally sure but i'm getting that impression. Im level 44 with about 60 hours playtime with a lot of sidequests done and the main story seems to be coming to a head.

Ive enjoyed the game quite a lot so far but I feel they have missed a trick with the companions. None of them feel vital to the story and they dont interact enough with you or other NPC's.

Like in Mass effect if you went on a mission to kill a load of Krogan and you brought Wrex, he would have a lot to say during the mission. There doesnt seem to be any of that here. If I kill a gen 3 synth with Deacon, Nick, or Curie with me......I get a "disliked that" and nothing else. The companion stuff seems really shallow which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

I thought there was going to be 400 hours of gameplay,looks like i have near everything done in 50 to 60 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

soap1978 wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be 400 hours of gameplay,looks like i have near everything done in 50 to 60 hours

51 for me. It was a good purchase at €30 though. I still have loads to do and now that I'm only banging out about 3 hours a week I'll still be playing in months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I save my game and then put the console directly into rest mode... It seems that that time continues to count towards time played... I'm only level 19 but nearly 4 days listed on my game saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I decided to restart my game after 20 hours in...lost kellogg's pistol which really annoyed me and apparently its happened to a few other people.
    I had done sodall in the quest anyway so bit the bullet.
    I did add the craftable ammo mod as well as the hacker mod which only displays the password unto your hacker level and the larger settlement sizes.
    Think I spent the first two hours of it building my new house before starting the quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

A few things from then last few pages;

There is no end to the game this time.

No you should not do the Castle at low level, trust me. I struggled and needed Power Armour even in my 20s.

And where are people finding this Kelloggs Pistol? Been in his house loads and never found such a thing.

GodlessM wrote: »

And where are people finding this Kelloggs Pistol? Been in his house loads and never found such a thing.

you need to find and defeat him first. Its basically a 44 magnum...bloody awesome.

I did Castle at level 18 I think..I had been all over the place and had about 20 missiles..lo and behold in Castle you find a rpg...make short work of her...took me a few mins and as Presley has sodded off to the town a small bit down fighting bandits..bloody coward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Blazer wrote: »
    I decided to restart my game after 20 hours in...lost kellogg's pistol which really annoyed me and apparently its happened to a few other people.
    I had done sodall in the quest anyway so bit the bullet.
    I did add the craftable ammo mod as well as the hacker mod which only displays the password unto your hacker level and the larger settlement sizes.
    Think I spent the first two hours of it building my new house before starting the quests.

What level had you got to?
    I'm considering a restart myself... I'm level 19.... Is there a respec option at all?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What level had you got to?
    I'm considering a restart myself... I'm level 19.... Is there a respec option at all?

If you're on PC you could respec with console commands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I didn't realise you would have to go with one faction.
    Because playing missions for each hasn't seemed to have affected my relationship with the others up to this point.
    But I feel I'm coming to near the end of the game, but have a few missions to go with each faction
    I'm especially conflicted about doing missions for the Institute, I originally said no....then they attack The Castle, but I read after that you can join them and leave them later...so I reloaded my game. But I don't wanna go around capturing Synths etc

Railroad and Minutemen both seem good, Minutemen haven't given me any reason to think they hate Synths

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I didn't realise you would have to go with one faction.
    Because playing missions for each hasn't seemed to have affected my relationship with the others up to this point.
    But I feel I'm coming to near the end of the game, but have a few missions to go with each faction
    I'm especially conflicted about doing missions for the Institute, I originally said no....then they attack The Castle, but I read after that you can join them and leave them later...so I reloaded my game. But I don't wanna go around capturing Synths etc

Railroad and Minutemen both seem good, Minutemen haven't given me any reason to think they hate Synths
    I wiped out BOS and Railroad but not the minutemen, I convinced the institute they were cool

So my after game would be helping them. Should be be easy to not kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

They really should have just called this game: FeralGhoul 4

amirite?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

A question on factions (late game)
    How do you join the institute?

Yeah you should spoiler that. It's part of the main quest.

If you're on PC you could respec with console commands.

damnit..never thought of that

Blazer wrote: »
    damnit..never thought of that

I'm afraid of opening that pandora's box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

quarryman wrote: »
    They really should have just called this game: FeralGhoul 4

amirite?

How about : Everything wants you dead 4

Advertisement