Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

Did anyone let
    Lorenzo
    out ???? Just wondering what the consequences were ? He seems a little too
    homicidal
    to be free, despite his family being just as bad I think I went with the lesser of 2 evils. I was convinced I'd free him but changed my mind once I saw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I feel like the game is trolling me. Every legendary drop so far has only been melee stuff, all of it useless to my build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Here's a playlist of the songs on Diamond City Radio, some great tunes there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Had to re initialize my PS4 yesterday and i couldn't be arsed to copy my Fallout save (level 29, hours unknown) onto a USB device, or the Cloud :rolleyes: So i was sitting here on a character build calculator trying to min/max the game but then i had a crazy idea! I'm going to randomize all my S.P.E.C.I.A.L and see how far i get on Survival :D Should be fun.
    Rolled
    S: 2
    P: 10
    E: 4
    C: 4
    I: 1
    A: 6
    L: 1

10 Perception, damn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

One of the biggest laugh out loud moments I've ever had in a game came out in Fallout 4....my girlfriend was just starting at me asking wtf...

Drinking buddy (one of the best characters in the game) joke !!....so unexpected. (You can find him by doing the quest for the guy in the Hotel in Goodneighbour - to get beer or something)

-I visited a zoo the other day.
    -The only animal there was a dog
    -
    It was a ****-zu

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    One of the biggest laugh out loud moments I've ever had in a game came out in Fallout 4....my girlfriend was just starting at me asking wtf...

Drinking buddy (one of the best characters in the game) joke !!....so unexpected. (You can find him by doing the quest for the guy in the Hotel in Goodneighbour - to get beer or something)

-I visited a zoo the other day.
    -The only animal there was a dog
    -
    It was a ****-zu

I kept him for myself no way was I turning him in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have had the glowing sea mission for ages now after reading about it here I was bricking myself just thinking about it. So I decided to do all my other missions and side quests I had first. Finally got the balls last night I am level 30 now so in I went with strong and my power armour!!!!!

Absolutely breezed it with my 132 damage shottie and multiple jet packs (slows time) bit of a let down tbh. But good fun.....

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You will have a bout 4000 of those quests and honestly wont give a fcuk about them anymore. They are all timed and pointless quests, same with the attacks on your settlements.

One thing I noticed is if you charm your settlement into giving BOS food it doesnt seem to get attacked again

That's because you lose the settlement to the BOS and it is not considered yours anymore :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I got a sword from some trader and outfitted it with an electric blade.

Good mother of god it makes short work of ghouls and raiders.

That, and having Danse with a minigun also!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

A question on factions (late game)
    How do you join the institute?
    Just play through the main story quest line. You will get the option eventually when you go there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The jet pack is great fun

I had a gunner boss coming at me last night and I kept dodging her by flying over her whilst turning in mid-air getting my shots in. Very effective strategy

Can i get armor for Dogmeat.

When i use him he wears welding goggles and a red bandana, but would like dog armor

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

allibastor wrote: »

When i use him he wears welding goggles and a red bandana, but would like dog armor

Yupp, I found a couple on Raiders Attack Dogs, fairly rare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just to note that dog armor is purely aesthetic. It provides no damage resistance

How does the opening stores thing work in game.

In sanctuary i have 10 settlers, but 4 are on food duty, 1 is a scavanger and 3 are on supply line duty.
    One is Codsworth and the other is your man preston.

How do I get a store up and running, and are they worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

How does the opening stores thing work in game.

In sanctuary i have 10 settlers, but 4 are on food duty, 1 is a scavanger and 3 are on supply line duty.
    One is Codsworth and the other is your man preston.

How do I get a store up and running, and are they worth it.

You need to have the perk local leader 2 for it I believe, then you can build them. I haven't been really paying attention to them so I'm not sure how much money they generate or how frequently.

You should try to maximise the use of your settlers. Use mutfruit (I believe that's the name) for food, as its produces 1.0 food instead of 0.5 food like the rest. Since settlers can be assigned to 6 food sources at a time, using mutfruit means they produce 6 food instead of 3 like the rest. If you have 10 settlers, then you need 10 food, so using mutfruit means you can get 12 food with only 2 settlers.

Another way to maximise your settlers is to only have one provisioner (supply line) set up per settlement, but have them all connected in a circular fashion as settlements do not need to be connected directly to share resources. E.g. If you have 4 settlements, A,B,C,D, have a supply line from A -> B, B -> C, C -> D and finally D -> A. This way, all resources are shared between all settlements. In the above example, C has access to A's resources because C is connected to B which is connected to A.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Looking for some advice
    I've got to the bit where I've to build the molecular interceptor device thing and I've got to choose a faction to deal with.

I'm just wondering which faction is the most interesting? I was hoping to play all sides but I'm unable to do so. I'd chosen the
    BOS
    but their mission looks to be fairly boring to me
    Professor Li

Any advice?

• Benzino wrote: »
    You need to have the perk local leader 2 for it I believe, then you can build them. I haven't been really paying attention to them so I'm not sure how much money they generate or how frequently.

You should try to maximise the use of your settlers. Use mutfruit (I believe that's the name) for food, as its produces 1.0 food instead of 0.5 food like the rest. Since settlers can be assigned to 6 food sources at a time, using mutfruit means they produce 6 food instead of 3 like the rest. If you have 10 settlers, then you need 10 food, so using mutfruit means you can get 12 food with only 2 settlers.

Another way to maximise your settlers is to only have one provisioner (supply line) set up per settlement, but have them all connected in a circular fashion as settlements do not need to be connected directly to share resources. E.g. If you have 4 settlements, A,B,C,D, have a supply line from A -> B, B -> C, C -> D and finally D -> A. This way, all resources are shared between all settlements. In the above example, C has access to A's resources because C is connected to B which is connected to A.

News to me!

Thanks Benzi

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Benzino wrote: »

Unless I'm doing something wrong shops earn feck all. If you had shops set up at each settlement then you could make some decent money out of it but you'd have to go around each settlement to get it. Who wants to do that. Filling sanctuary with water purifiers is an easier way to make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    News to me!

Thanks Benzi

No worries! It does it automatically for you too, you assign 1 settler to one mutfruit, they will be automatically assigned to 5 more food sources if there any unassigned (not sure if they need to be nearby or not, mine are).
    Unless I'm doing something wrong shops earn feck all. If you had shops set up at each settlement then you could make some decent money out of it but you'd have to go around each settlement to get it. Who wants to do that. Filling sanctuary with water purifiers is an easier way to make money.

I've seen about 30 caps in my workbench after about 1 game day, with 2 stores. So it'll take a bit of time to make the money back alright. If you have supply lines set up, I believe the caps are accessible from all connected settlements, just like the purified water. Also, it's not possible to build water purifiers in some settlements, so with stores at least you have those settlements generating some money. I'm also pretty sure they help increase happiness, and there is an achievement/trophy for getting 100% happiness if you are into that sort of thing.

Yeah, I'm loaded up with water purifiers too, though it's handy to have the store there as you can sell your water in the store rather than fast travelling someplace else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've seen about 30 caps in my workbench after about 1 game day, with 2 stores. So it'll take a bit of time to make the money back alright. If you have supply lines set up, I believe the caps are accessible from all connected settlements, just like the purified water. Also, it's not possible to build water purifiers in some settlements, so with stores at least you have those settlements generating some money. I'm also pretty sure they help increase happiness, and there is an achievement/trophy for getting 100% happiness if you are into that sort of thing.

Yeah, I'm loaded up with water purifiers too, though it's handy to have the store there as you can sell your water in the store rather than fast travelling someplace else.

With all level 3 stores in Sanctuary I get about 150 caps. I've left abernathy farm (also with every level 3 store) alone for about a week or more in game time and there is only 550 caps in there. Stores will only make you money from selling stuff to them. Otherwise, they're not worth the investment.

Also, supply lines only show pooled resources when building. Accessing workbenches will only show stuff stored in the workbenches in that settlement and not others in the supply line. All those water bottles stored in Sanctuary from your water farming are available only in Sanctuary. Same with caps from vendors. They'll only be available in that settlement. So, you'd have to go from settlement to settlement to collect them all. It's pretty crap. They really should have made the workbenches global and pool resources items from all settlements in a supply line. I'm hoping this gets added in an update, DLC or a mod. Multiple settlements are kinda pointless without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

x43r0 wrote: »
    Just to note that dog armor is purely aesthetic. It provides no damage resistance

Why would they do this? This is stupid.
    x43r0 wrote: »

Uhm, is this any different to having each new settlement send one settler to the main base?

Also, supply lines only show pooled resources when building. Accessing workbenches will only show stuff stored in the workbenches in that settlement and not others in the supply line. All those water bottles stored in Sanctuary from your water farming are available only in Sanctuary. Same with caps from vendors. They'll only be available in that settlement. So, you'd have to go from settlement to settlement to collect them all. It's pretty crap. They really should have made the workbenches global and pool resources items from all settlements in a supply line. I'm hoping this gets added in an update, DLC or a mod. Multiple settlements are kinda pointless without it.

Jaysis that's a bit of a bomb shell, that's the main reason I worked to get the supply line perk - to share all the items between settlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Grrr why must the companions go off on a killing spree when I just want to scout the land? Can we tell em not to engage unless they are hit first?
    They also go nuts killing deer for no reason... Lol

Jaysis that's a bit of a bomb shell, that's the main reason I worked to get the supply line perk - to share all the items between settlements.

You and me both.

Something I've noticed is that, even on the highest sensitivity, looking around feels extremely sluggish on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

god's toy wrote: »
    Grrr why must the companions go off on a killing spree when I just want to scout the land? Can we tell em not to engage unless they are hit first?
    They also go nuts killing deer for no reason... Lol
    Im still waiting for Codsworth to give me a perk, had him from the start, I never do anything he doesn't like and Im always seeing Codsworth loves this messages from helping people etc, I closed the workbench after modding the **** out of a pistol the other night and he came up for a heart to heart talk, I even passed a speech check during that chat, I thought that was going to be it but nope, what am I doing wrong? How does the perk "arrive"?

Tbh I think tonight Ill just tell him and the rest to fcuk off, constantly agroing enemies, blocking doors. If they're behind me they'll block me from backing out a door, if they're in front they'll block every shot and kill a load of enemies stealing your experience, they are the worst, especially Codsworth, 9/10 times when I look down a scope at an enemy he'll either float in front of me or agro the target.

I'm fairly sure you get the xp from their kills.
    He's a ****ing eejit,
    and Preston is a sissy bitch.
    I've maxed them both out and am on McCreevey.
    At least he likes a bit of mischief!

Hey,

Thanks for that. I did the trade route thing so I have 1 settler doing a run , keeping it low.

Do you need to assign a settler to each store you build also. Find that I need 4 for food, 1 for scavenging and about 9 for shops if I wish to build them all!!!

Also, how do you make money from and get purified water. I have 2 running in sanctuary but they seem to only keep my town going and dont do much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Looking for some advice
    I've got to the bit where I've to build the molecular interceptor device thing and I've got to choose a faction to deal with.

I'm just wondering which faction is the most interesting? I was hoping to play all sides but I'm unable to do so. I'd chosen the
    BOS
    but their mission looks to be fairly boring to me
    Professor Li

Any advice?
    The choice here doesn't lock you into a faction yet.
    I went with BoS to build the device and have done the Railroad and Institute end route from a save after that.

Advertisement