Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Thargor wrote: »
    Im still waiting for Codsworth to give me a perk, had him from the start, I never do anything he doesn't like and Im always seeing Codsworth loves this messages from helping people etc, I closed the workbench after modding the **** out of a pistol the other night and he came up for a heart to heart talk, I even passed a speech check during that chat, I thought that was going to be it but nope, what am I doing wrong? How does the perk "arrive"?

Tbh I think tonight Ill just tell him and the rest to fcuk off, constantly agroing enemies, blocking doors. If they're behind me they'll block me from backing out a door, if they're in front they'll block every shot and kill a load of enemies stealing your experience, they are the worst, especially Codsworth, 9/10 times when I look down a scope at an enemy he'll either float in front of me or agro the target.

This is exactly why I work alone. I don't feel the need for a companion in this game. Currently I've got The Deliverer modded out and Overseer's Guardian rechambered for .308 and fitted with a long range scope and suppressor and Pickman's blade. Combined with my full set of muffled Shadowed combat armour and Sneak, Ninja, Mister Sandman and Lone Wanderer maxed out most of the time nobody knows I was even there and those that do usually find their head separated from their body a few seconds later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I bought the Spray And Pray explosive round tommy gun and found a trilby that is in perfect condition and raises my charisma.
    I breeze through most combat now and can usually talk my way out of trouble.
    I just need to get my hands on some cigars now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I bought the Spray And Pray explosive round tommy gun and found a trilby that is in perfect condition and raises my charisma.
    I breeze through most combat now and can usually talk my way out of trouble.
    I just need to get my hands on some cigars now. :D

Pin stripe suit also...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

With all level 3 stores in Sanctuary I get about 150 caps. I've left abernathy farm (also with every level 3 store) alone for about a week or more in game time and there is only 550 caps in there. Stores will only make you money from selling stuff to them. Otherwise, they're not worth the investment.

I must start paying attention to the stores, I've only built 2 so haven't invested much in them. That's real shame how little they give. Probably only worth it if you want the happiness achievement/trophy.
    Also, supply lines only show pooled resources when building. Accessing workbenches will only show stuff stored in the workbenches in that settlement and not others in the supply line. All those water bottles stored in Sanctuary from your water farming are available only in Sanctuary. Same with caps from vendors. They'll only be available in that settlement. So, you'd have to go from settlement to settlement to collect them all. It's pretty crap. They really should have made the workbenches global and pool resources items from all settlements in a supply line. I'm hoping this gets added in an update, DLC or a mod. Multiple settlements are kinda pointless without it.

Really? Damn, I had noticed that. That's a big disappointment!

allibastor wrote: »
    Pin stripe suit also...
    I would but my characters arse looks better in the vault suit and I can wear the armour pieces over it.

• Advertisement

allibastor wrote: »
    Hey,

Thanks for that. I did the trade route thing so I have 1 settler doing a run , keeping it low.

Do you need to assign a settler to each store you build also. Find that I need 4 for food, 1 for scavenging and about 9 for shops if I wish to build them all!!!

Also, how do you make money from and get purified water. I have 2 running in sanctuary but they seem to only keep my town going and dont do much else.

Yeah each stores requires 1 settler.

The purified water gets added to your workbench which you can then sell to a trader.

Zillah wrote: »
    Uhm, is this any different to having each new settlement send one settler to the main base?

I don't think so, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah each stores requires 1 settler.

The purified water gets added to your workbench which you can then sell to a trader.

Pain in the backside!!!

You would need about 30 in each camp to do all the bits and bobs to make the settlement cool.

Does anyone know where your companions might be? I'm trying to find Dogmeat. The last time I had him was
    when I went to find Kellog and he was tracking down the scent
    . I then went with another companion and not sure where to find him now. There's a way to get the
    Cryolator
    if you have the dog, apparently, and want to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I've maxed them both out and am on McCreevey.
    At least he likes a bit of mischief!

When you fight ghouls with him he imitates them :D then says STFU! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Does anyone know where your companions might be? I'm trying to find Dogmeat. The last time I had him was
    . I then went with another companion and not sure where to find him now. There's a way to get the
    Cryolator

I'm interested in finding out too, I am sure I sent Dogmeat to Sanctuary but I can't find him?

Cryolator
    If you sent him to Sanctuary have a look around. He might be relaxing in a hidden kennel, it's what happened to me.

As for the second spoiler it works, I've done it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Cryolator

Did you dismiss Dogmeat before picking up the other companion? The companion dismissal interface now allows you to choose which settlement to send him to. The other thing I noticed early on was that Sanctuary comes with three (or maybe four) doghouses by default so he could be in any of them. To make it easier send him to a settlement where there is only one doghouse that you've built.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cryolator

Check back in Sanctuary and look for dog houses in front of or behind houses, particularly behind the house on the left when you cross the bridge into Sanctuary. I destroyed all dog houses and built one in front of my Gaf so he just hangs out there. If no luck, check red rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Getting to the castle was such a pain in the hole :pac:

Got there, had the plan set up but the NPCs went all Leroy Jenkins and started the party without me before it quickly went south.

Me: "This mission ain't so bad..............Oh sweet Jesus!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I never mentioned how weird the start of the game was for me.
    My name being Sean Callaghan, I name myself King Callaghan as I can't think of anything else...

Turns out my son Shaun (Callaghan) get's taken away.
    Then I get out of my chamber, and see the names of all the dead people in the other pods beside me too..:o

9FB2D74233019684F0784662039BA69F8DD8B91E

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

bout 10 raiders attacked my castle in one big wave - funneled in via that back entrance

unfortunately, the rear most raider was a bit over-enthusiastic with his missile launcher (!) and murdered most of his buddies pretty much immediately :pac:

Found Dogmeat and that trick worked. Excellent!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Benzino wrote: »
    I must start paying attention to the stores, I've only built 2 so haven't invested much in them. That's real shame how little they give. Probably only worth it if you want the happiness achievement/trophy.

Really? Damn, I had noticed that. That's a big disappointment!

Yeah, the whole settlements thing is a big let down. I'm really hoping they do a lot more with it in future updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Wossack wrote: »
    bout 10 raiders attacked my castle in one big wave - funneled in via that back entrance

unfortunately, the rear most raider was a bit over-enthusiastic with his missile launcher (!) and murdered most of his buddies pretty much immediately :pac:

oh-my-takei_zps45fbdc2c.gif~c200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

x43r0 wrote: »
    oh-my-takei_zps45fbdc2c.gif~c200

Is that a ghoul? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Is that a ghoul? :pac:

Shut yer trap, smoothskin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bethesda really are taking the piss with the merch :rolleyes:

xetc-sneakers-fo-vault111-withbox.jpg.pagespeed.ic.QN5D_2XY5i.webp

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Bethesda really are taking the piss with the merch :rolleyes:

Herself, who is a self-confessed shoe addict walked by when I had that page open and admired the box :D

Anyone got McCready maxed? His perk is totally broken ..... in a good way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mole rat disease.. Did not even realize I was inflicted until levels later :( F*** it anyway as well because it's not curable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mole rat disease.. Did not even realize I was inflicted until levels later :( F*** it anyway as well because it's not curable :(

Well it is if you wanted to be an ol gowl about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

If Charlie Sheen can live with HIV, you can deal with molerat disease.

Maybe we need an awareness campaign though?

Please send 3 bottle caps and wear our irradiated sickly green ribbon to combat this life altering affliction.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There is 1 cure, I gave it to someone. I wasnt infected tho :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Well it is if you wanted to be an ol gowl about it :)
    If Charlie Sheen can live with HIV, you can deal with molerat disease.

Maybe we need an awareness campaign though?

Please send 3 bottle caps and wear our irradiated sickly green ribbon to combat this life altering affliction.

Aren't ye just a barrel of laughs, lads :P
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    There is 1 cure, I gave it to someone. I wasnt infected tho :pac:

I gave it away, too. It doesn't affect my health in an obvious way, but knowing my max HP will always be -10 is trivially annoying.

Advertisement