Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

player.additem 00055F10

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, 60h in and I finished it.

It's was a good blast while lasted. I heard that alternative endings are pretty meh and don't diverse much from others. So I might keep second playthrough for later as I am a bit exhausted of this game. Might do a fresh run with different build when some dlc is out.
    I think I might hunt down few achievements. It's the first game where I got over 50% lol. I was never achievement whore, but it would be nice to have at least one game full 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Well, 60h in and I finished it.

It's was a good blast while lasted. I heard that alternative endings are pretty meh and don't diverse much from others. So I might keep second playthrough for later as I am a bit exhausted of this game. Might do a fresh run with different build when some dlc is out.
    I think I might hunt down few achievements. It's the first game where I got over 50% lol. I was never achievement whore, but it would be nice to have at least one game full 100%.

Just "Reach a maximum happiness of 100 in a large settlement" and "Complete 50 misc objectives" left to do myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just "Reach a maximum happiness of 100 in a large settlement" and "Complete 50 misc objectives" left to do myself :)

Working on 50 misc myself now. I heard 100 happiness is a bitch.

Still got a bit older save. So I'll Tey to use it to get other endings for achievements.

Then will continue with my completed game save to get all bubbleheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Prob not gonna get 100 happiness in Sanctuary with that depressive Jun guy.
    I think I'll execute him at some stage if I can get away with it (a lot of the settlers annoy me, they should be treating me as their King or Mayor) ....instead some are very ungrateful.
    They shall be dealt with ! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Starting to see some major problems with fast-travel.

So far I've been dropped in on top of a group of super mutants, and smack bang on top of a frag mine....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

BizzyC wrote: »
    Starting to see some major problems with fast-travel.

So far I've been dropped in on top of a group of super mutants, and smack bang on top of a frag mine....

Never fast travel to large instances you know will have heavy resistance. Always go to a location nearby. Enemies in the game respawn after three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

allibastor wrote: »
    Can i get armor for Dogmeat.

When i use him he wears welding goggles and a red bandana, but would like dog armor
    I gave him goggles and bandana, but he won't put them on the arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I gave him goggles and bandana, but he won't put them on the arsehole.

hover over the items and press T on pc - it makes him equip them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dont ever Fast travel near Trinity Tower anyway, seems to spawn you on top of a suicide mutant 50% of the time even with the tower cleared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I wanted my sanctuary to get more than 10 settlers.

I have 22 food, 30 water, 50 defence and 20 beds.

I skipped 5 in game days and still no new settlers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Have you got a beacon set up and wired to a generator?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Also, the max number of settlers is 10 plus 1 settler per Charisma point. So you may need to increase your charisma points to get more.

Benzino wrote: »
    Also, the max number of settlers is 10 plus 1 settler per Charisma point. So you may need to increase your charisma points to get more.

I have 2 beacons set up, powered up and all!!!

And I have now got 9 Charisma, and 3 points extra from hats and clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you can send settlers there from other places (if your Charisma holds). Have you tried that?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you can send settlers there from other places (if your Charisma holds). Have you tried that?

I dont have many anywhere is the problem.

I have 5 settlements now, My Abernathy Farm has high stats but only the 3 Abernathys are there, My red Rocket has high stats and only 2 guys there, Startlight drive-in has a bloody Fortress there, lots of water and so on and only 1 guy has been milling around there for the last 2 in game weeks!!

Maybe if I do the Castle mission it will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

No it definitely sounds like you're doing something wrong. Are you sure you know how to wire things up properly? Is the little lightning symbol on the radio beacon green? Then again, if you got to size 10 you can't have it fundamentally wrong. Did you build any stores? Is there a roof over the beds? I'm pretty sure they only count if they're not exposed to the elements. Do you have turrets for defense?

If you go into the Pipboy there is a list of settlements and it'll have a warning sign over any major problems.

I had more beds than were needed, but people still complained about beds if I asked them, so I built extras and they stopped :/

Zillah wrote: »
    No it definitely sounds like you're doing something wrong. Are you sure you know how to wire things up properly? Is the little lightning symbol on the radio beacon green? Then again, if you got to size 10 you can't have it fundamentally wrong. Did you build any stores? Is there a roof over the beds? I'm pretty sure they only count if they're not exposed to the elements. Do you have turrets for defense?

If you go into the Pipboy there is a list of settlements and it'll have a warning sign over any major problems.

I had more beds than were needed, but people still complained about beds if I asked them, so I built extras and they stopped :/

Hey, No all my settlements have no caution icon beside them. They did for defense so I built 3 extra turrets in each!

I have the beacon up and running. It is all green and I have checked on the radio in my Pipboy to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Hey, No all my settlements have no caution icon beside them. They did for defense so I built 3 extra turrets in each!

I have the beacon up and running. It is all green and I have checked on the radio in my Pipboy to double check.

Stupid question i know but you did turn the beacon on yea there is a switch on it

Stupid question i know but you did turn the beacon on yea there is a switch on it

Yep, its green and has the signal on my Pip-boy

• Advertisement

I suspect a vampire is sneaking into your compound at night and picking off settlers one by one.

Wouldn't that be a great quest though? The settlers are paranoid about people going missing, and it turns out there's some blood drinking ghoul sneaking in at night and killing them in their sleep. The Minutemen have to set up a nighttime stakeout to catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Whats the verdict so for all of you who are 40+ hours in? Still exciting etc and not just the same ole slog? Thinking of asking Santy for this! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yep, its green and has the signal on my Pip-boy

Sounds like it could be bugged so :( I'd contact Bethesda support about it.

Decision time for me, and it's a difficult choice for the wrong reasons. None of the factions deserve my loyalty, BoS are ruled out anyway for being grade A douche bags, who are just as bad as the institute imo and are almost like a cult, the one that swayed that for me was when I was charged with clearing out a facility with
    10/12 year old kid
    along with me.

Almost tempted to play along with the institute now and see where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Lads where exactly do you find Cait? All I can find online is that she's in Boston and that she pops up after you kill some raiders?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Cormac... wrote: »
    Whats the verdict so for all of you who are 40+ hours in? Still exciting etc and not just the same ole slog? Thinking of asking Santy for this! ;)

It's only a slog if you want some tarberries :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Lads where exactly do you find Cait? All I can find online is that she's in Boston and that she pops up after you kill some raiders?
    in
    combat zone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Wossack wrote: »
    in
    combat zone

Thanks man!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cormac... wrote: »

I'm well past 40 hours (over 3 days in game currently) and I'm still enjoying it. Saying that I spent a lot of that just wandering around checking out different places and doing practically no quests. If it had been the other way around (finished all the quests and just wandering around) it might be different.

Advertisement