Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Liberated a ton of settlements and made my supply circle bigger but the Minutemen stuff is draining at this point. I have 3 Eddie Winter tapes, gonna hunt down the rest of them before doing anything else.

My Combat Rifle is definitely the most effective weapon I have but the .45 bullets are fecking rare! Very tempted to actually buy ammo for it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Liberated a ton of settlements and made my supply circle bigger but the Minutemen stuff is draining at this point. I have 3 Eddie Winter tapes, gonna hunt down the rest of them before doing anything else.

My Combat Rifle is definitely the most effective weapon I have but the .45 bullets are fecking rare! Very tempted to actually buy ammo for it.

You can convert it to .308 ammo if you have the highest level of gun nut. The .308 gives it more damage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Liberated a ton of settlements and made my supply circle bigger but the Minutemen stuff is draining at this point.

Agreed.

I swear if I have to look at the inside of Corvega Assembly Plant or Revere Beach Station one more time I'm going to crack up.

It also seems a pity that you can't mark a settlement as your own or mark things within a settlement as yours. What's the point of setting up Sanctuary as your main base of operations if you're going to get settler help requests from it, even when you're standing right beside the quest giver!!! Also what's the point of building yourself a very nice four story mansion and decorating the crap out of it if you return from a quest to find some random settler sleeping in your bed. It seems like the only proper Fallout style player home is Home Plate in Diamond City.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can convert it to .308 ammo if you have the highest level of gun nut. The .308 gives it more damage too.

I'm on Level 25, just unlocked Gun Nut 3 so can't convert the bullets yet but was checking it out last night to see my options. Ah I'll just keep a look out for bullets. My highly modded Combat Shotgun is wrecking house for the time being anyway but the shells are dwindling on that as well. At least I have 999 .38 bullets for my Pipe Pistol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That ammo is even more rare. I used combo rifle as main all the time, but then would switch to laser rifle to build up ammo, when it's backed up again, I would switch to combat rifle. Eventually I switched to assault rifle as I had horded about 2K bullets for it.
    Not much choice of guns in game, they focused to have less weapons, but more moding. In a way it's more options, but in your head or eyes it's still same weapon use use for 40 hours.

I am trying to get last achievement and it's a bitch. I got happiness up to 94 and it started to decline. I had my xbox run over night. I will need to get good few grands of caps to get more shops built.

Just tip for everyone who will try to get this achievement: don't go for achievement in sanctuary, there are useless npcs that can't be forced to work. Makes your life a lot harder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm on Level 25, just unlocked Gun Nut 3 so can't convert the bullets yet but was checking it out last night to see my options. Ah I'll just keep a look out for bullets. My highly modded Combat Shotgun is wrecking house for the time being anyway but the shells are dwindling on that as well. At least I have 999 .38 bullets for my Pipe Pistol :rolleyes:

If you think you have a lot of .38 rounds wait until later in the game. I'm drowning in the stuff and have no use for it. You could trade some of your .38 for .45 and shells at a trader. That way at least you won't be using caps on it.

If you think you have a lot of .38 rounds wait until later in the game. I'm drowning in the stuff and have no use for it. You could trade some of your .38 for .45 and shells at a trader. That way at least you won't be using caps on it.

Or, here's a wacky thought, you could breakdown the .38 ammo and craft some new .45 stuff. At least you could if Bethesda hadn't inexplicably removed the ammo crafting option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

since you can effectively get endless caps, I dont mind having to buy ammo every now and again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Your workbenches only show what is in that settlement, they won't show what is in other settlements even with supply lines. Supply lines only affect building mode.

Oh that is a pain to hear. Mean I suppose so setting up a central base for Weapons/Armor/ Power armor and then dumping everything in there.

Another quick question, if I store junk in a workbench, even though it doesnt show up on others can I still use the resources in this?
    In my sanctuary base i have literal tones of resources like gears, oil , adhesive etc. and dot want to have to lump them out and around to make new turrets etc in my other bases.

allibastor wrote: »
    Oh that is a pain to hear. Mean I suppose so setting up a central base for Weapons/Armor/ Power armor and then dumping everything in there.

Another quick question, if I store junk in a workbench, even though it doesnt show up on others can I still use the resources in this?
    In my sanctuary base i have literal tones of resources like gears, oil , adhesive etc. and dot want to have to lump them out and around to make new turrets etc in my other bases.

It's shared with your whole settlement m8. Just kept separate if you want to organise it.

• Advertisement

allibastor wrote: »

The resources will show up in the build menu if you have a supply line set up. So, for example, you can build more turrets in The Castle if it's connected by direct or indirect supply line to Sanctuary where all your junk is.

What it won't do is make that junk available for any of the other workstations (i.e. weapons, armour, cooking, chems). So if you're modding the new combat rifle you just picked up in, say, The Slog, you'll only have access to the resources in The Slog's workbench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Wouldn't mind a bit of a heads up on a couple of things:

Main quest: Just been pointed in the direction of the
    Glowing Sea
    . Is there much left after that? Might leave the main questline for a while and concentrate on settlements.

Minuteman: I've done pretty everything as far as
    the Castle
    and a few bits and bobs afterwards. Same question - What's left?! Is it interesting or just rinse and repeat stuff?

I remember in NV I got a decent amount of caps fairly quickly after getting near to the Strip - around 15/20k. I never seem to break the 2k barrier here. Is there something I'm missing? Mind you, I haven't sold all the extra weapons I've picked up, so I should probably start at that.

Wouldn't mind a bit of a heads up on a couple of things:

Main quest: Just been pointed in the direction of the
    Glowing Sea
    . Is there much left after that? Might leave the main questline for a while and concentrate on settlements.

Minuteman: I've done pretty everything as far as
    the Castle
    and a few bits and bobs afterwards. Same question - What's left?! Is it interesting or just rinse and repeat stuff?

I remember in NV I got a decent amount of caps fairly quickly after getting near to the Strip - around 15/20k. I never seem to break the 2k barrier here. Is there something I'm missing? Mind you, I haven't sold all the extra weapons I've picked up, so I should probably start at that.

I would recommend doing that quest. In fact, I would advice to push till the quest that opens up all factions. So you got all the freedom. After that you can just **** around.

Good cap maker is just purified water. Make 3 of those biggest water extractors and go on with your life, then come back collect all water and shove it to all vendors. Its a nice passive income.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    Or, here's a wacky thought, you could breakdown the .38 ammo and craft some new .45 stuff. At least you could if Bethesda hadn't inexplicably removed the ammo crafting option.

There's a very good mod for this.

There's a very good mod for this.

Thanks for that. I've had a look on Nexusmods and it's going to be one of the first installed mods when I take delivery of my new gaming PC but my point really is that it should have been something in the base game to begin with. Bethesda really seem to have traded depth for diversity and quality for quantity with this game. A shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Find something that fires .38 and turn it into a full auto rifle with mods, stick a scope on it and you can take down whole groups of Ghouls while they run at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Anyone else getting fatigued with this game - its a fantastic game, but i'm starting to not see the appeal to play it. Think this is just how im starting to see games overall as i get older, same happened with Metal Gear and Destiny

Funny thing happened recently - I usually give my companion whatever I can't lug at that moment. A Fat Man was one of them. I didn't realize that I must have given them some mininukes and had forgotten about it, because when I get to an area and draw my weapon, out comes the freakin' Fat Man. I was just about to take away the ammo, when something attacks us and .. you can probably see what happens next.

Booom!

Killed me too.

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Anyone else getting fatigued from this game - its a fantastic game, but i'm starting to not see the appeal to play it. Think this is just how im starting to see games overall as i get older, same happened with Metal Gear and Destiny

I don't think it's anything to do with getting older. If anything as I've gotten older I've become more enthusiastic about certain games. I've recently gotten into The Witcher and MGS which I probably wouldn't have bothered with before.

I think the problem with FO4 is the cumulative effect of all the little things that are either broken or missing in the game at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I had a great time last night taking out raiders and turrets with a sniper rifle :cool:

• Advertisement

• Guys I can't find the page in the thread but somebody mentioned before that there is another couple of radio stations other that Diamond City radio.
    Do you need to find the signal first?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Guys I can't find the page in the thread but somebody mentioned before that there is another couple of radio stations other that Diamond City radio.

How far into the game are you?

I don't think it's a spoiler, but the main ones, I think, are;

Diamond City Radio
    Classical radio
    Radio Freedom

Aside from the various frequencies and distress signals you can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Guys I can't find the page in the thread but somebody mentioned before that there is another couple of radio stations other that Diamond City radio.

They only broadcast over certain areas. You need to go further afield.

• How far into the game are you?

I don't think it's a spoiler, but the main ones, I think, are;

Diamond City Radio
    Classical radio
    Radio Freedom

Aside from the various frequencies and distress signals you can find.
    Zillah wrote: »
    They only broadcast over certain areas. You need to go further afield.

I have Radio Freedom & Classical, I'm about 40+ hours in.
    Distress signals I get but thought they have put a few more music related stations in. :mad:

Frustrating when having to snap the app on X1 if you want to listen to your own tunes. Microsoft still hasn't' configured NXE to use the media player unsnapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

32 hours in and I'm close to giving up. Does it pick up at all after going out to to the Glowing Sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

My mind got confused and I ended up throwing a molotov after ducking behind a wall during a shootout.
    Crispy vault dweller, get it while it's hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I've come across a couple of distress signals, particularly at Red Rocket and Sanctuary, where I'm right on top of the signal but can't find anything that indicates what's emitting the signal or what the hell it's about. Anyone come across something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I've come across a couple of distress signals, particularly at Red Rocket and Sanctuary, where I'm right on top of the signal but can't find anything that indicates what's emitting the signal or what the hell it's about. Anyone come across something similar?

I read somewhere about this being a bug. You stand outside the house with the workbench in Sanctuary and it's at 98% and there's nothing there.

• Advertisement

Yeah there's a few of them around. I stumbled across one in Revere Satellite Array and another in National Guard Training Yard.
    It's part of a BOS side quest called The Lost Patrol.

Advertisement