Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    Yeah there's a few of them around. I stumbled across one in Revere Satellite Array and another in National Guard Training Yard.
    It's part of a BOS side quest called The Lost Patrol.

I did those ones, but I've come across a couple at my settlements that had nothing at the end of them, couldn't figure it out. :(

Something just occurred to me, were there any quests relating to that shady
    Mayor in Diamond City
    :confused:

Or did I totally missing something there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

I did those ones, but I've come across a couple at my settlements that had nothing at the end of them, couldn't figure it out. :(

Sorry, misread that at first. Yeah, that does seem to be a bug alright. Happened to me at one of the smaller settlements, (Oberland station I think). I think it's a result of all the different radio signals around. Between the distress signals, the BOS signals, the settlement recruitment beacons and the radio stations I find that sometimes I fast travel to a settlement and wind up with phantom radio signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

32 hours in and I'm close to giving up. Does it pick up at all after going out to to the Glowing Sea?

Well yeah of course, you're not finished the main quest line if you haven't been through the glowing sea yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Big Dig quest is an absolute joke. Did they do no testing whatsoever? Glitch after after glitch after glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Guys I can't find the page in the thread but somebody mentioned before that there is another couple of radio stations other that Diamond City radio.
    Do you need to find the signal first?

There's a mod that adds 75 channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The framerate is becoming a massive issue for me (PS4) it crawls to a halt whenever theres a gun fight had to skip out on an optional part of a quest because of it. Same when anything attacks my bases its a stuttering wreck. I love the game and hope this is fixed in the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

The framerate is becoming a massive issue for me (PS4) it crawls to a halt whenever theres a gun fight had to skip out on an optional part of a quest because of it. Same when anything attacks my bases its a stuttering wreck. I love the game and hope this is fixed in the next patch.

Why the hell isn't the next gen hitting even a constant 30 fps at 1080p. That really is not good enough from the console makers. Anyway Bethesda are notorious for not optimising their Playstation versions for whatever reasons. Both Fallout 3 and Skyrim also had major issues on the PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nearly got all the suits down, just need 2 more X-01's.
    The Titanium, Prism, Explosive etc are all too similar for my liking :(

Atom Cats and Hot Rod ones are easily the best.

369761.jpg
    369762.jpg
    369763.jpg
    369764.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

My mind got confused and I ended up throwing a molotov after ducking behind a wall during a shootout.
    Crispy vault dweller, get it while it's hot.

I barbecued myself a fair few times with my own molotovs. One second I was fine, the next second I was ablaze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished Nick's quest and he 'idolizes' me. Aw shucks Nick. That was way more fun than minutemen stuff. Now to find some new companions i think.
    I found a laser sniper rifle with the highest mods in each category. Its an unreal yoke altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finished Nick's quest and he 'idolizes' me. Aw shucks Nick. That was way more fun than minutemen stuff. Now to find some new companions i think.
    I found a laser sniper rifle with the highest mods in each category. Its an unreal yoke altogether.

Strong , Curie and Hancock are good companions.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Nearly got all the suits down, just need 2 more X-01's.
    The Titanium, Prism, Explosive etc are all too similar for my liking :(

What's the all-red one in the second picture? Looks class.

It's a bit of a balls when you're making changes the way the part you're modifying stays green. Can't see what colour it's gonna be. Godammit Bethesda, sometimes the parts aren't that plentiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I was doing the missions for the minutemen. I had just cleared out Oberland station and went back to Preston, but the talk box never came up so just pressed X a few times.

I suddenly agreed to storm Castle with him!!!

Can i do the other station quests after I finish Castle, which is also a bastard to get to cause you go past loads of the main city!!!

Zero-Cool wrote: »

How do you open Nick's quest? Is it dependant on how much he likes you? He and Strong are my favourite companions so far.

Garvey and Rex are a pain in the ass.

On the armor crafting also, not power armor.

Do the sets end up looking at good or what. I have the Vault 111 undercloth set on, and various bits of it, but they look sh1te!!!!

My combat armor legs bits just look like shiny thigh plates, and my metal arms look like big bracelets.

I liked the studded leather armor look but it wasnt huge on defence ratings

The only piece of armour I really like is the Synth helmet, looks cool. The combat armour doesn't look like it covers you all that much and when you're wearing it with the body-hugging 111 jumpsuit or BoS uniform, it looks terrible. I also don't like that when you upgrade it, you lose the original colour and logo (BoS logo, anyway). I've Polymer combat armour at the moment and often wear military fatigues - the white bits of the armour don't half stand out!

The only piece of armour I really like is the Synth helmet, looks cool. The combat armour doesn't look like it covers you all that much and when you're wearing it with the body-hugging 111 jumpsuit or BoS uniform, it looks terrible. I also don't like that when you upgrade it, you lose the original colour and logo (BoS logo, anyway). I've Polymer combat armour at the moment and often wear military fatigues - the white bits of the armour don't half stand out!

Haha, yeah I have the Fatigues on also and the white on black was a bit off putting. Made me think if I was really out in the field I would be a big target, stealth my arse

I see on loading screens there is metal armor that has cool looking blades on each wrist. I dont know why if some armor goes on the shoulder such as the leather, then why doesnt other armor that stays on the wrist allow to be placed also.

To be fair, I have played around a bit and the only god looking suit thus far is the vault suit with the leather bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im still wearing raider crap from the Corvega Assembly Plant I cleared out on the first day, I dont seem to find anything worth wearing at all. Anyone know any early locations or missions I should do to get a little armour boost?

Thargor wrote: »
    Im still wearing raider crap from the Corvega Assembly Plant I cleared out on the first day, I dont seem to find anything worth wearing at all. Anyone know any early locations or missions I should do to get a little armour boost?

It depends on what your build is like. My build is a stealth ranged build (e.g. Sam Fisher) so I found Gunners to drop armour that is pretty good (can be modded for muffled and shadowed). If it's a melee or combat-heavy build then super mutant armour can be effective (if very heavy). You can pick up some in Breakheart Banks near Greentop Nursery every couple of days when it respawns.
    Other than that most of the stuff that I've found to be really useful long term is from legendary drops.

• Advertisement

It depends on what your build is like. My build is a stealth ranged build (e.g. Sam Fisher) so I found Gunners to drop armour that is pretty good (can be modded for muffled and shadowed). If it's a melee or combat-heavy build then super mutant armour can be effective (if very heavy). You can pick up some in Breakheart Banks near Greentop Nursery every couple of days when it respawns.
    Other than that most of the stuff that I've found to be really useful long term is from legendary drops.

I cant equip the super mutant stuff for some reason.

Also, another note, when I mod anything at all i get copies of the mod in my mod listing. What do I do with those?

I have power armor in T-45 A,B,C and D. CAn I get a basic T-45 frame and put the new ones one these or do I need to have a complete T-45 set and then add the other mods to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

allibastor wrote: »
    I cant equip the super mutant stuff for some reason. .

Are you a super mutant?

You cant equip dog armour either. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

On the armor crafting also, not power armor.

Do the sets end up looking at good or what. I have the Vault 111 undercloth set on, and various bits of it, but they look sh1te!!!!

My combat armor legs bits just look like shiny thigh plates, and my metal arms look like big bracelets.

I liked the studded leather armor look but it wasnt huge on defence ratings

I was shocked at how terrible the combat armour looks.

In my first game I basically lived in the Minutemen general's outfit (with Sea Captain's hat!):
    FAKgbRk.jpg

And I decided to use other things in this playthrough but I am really finding 95% of armor just looks like muck.

I like Kellog's gear, looks cool. Has a damage resistance of 30 though, which it a bit poxy. Pity you can't wear even arm or leg armour over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Fully upgraded Silver Shroud armor. Worn for 95% of my playthrough. Nothing matches it for sheer coolness.

2cr3w34.jpg

I cant equip the super mutant stuff for some reason.

Also, another note, when I mod anything at all i get copies of the mod in my mod listing. What do I do with those?

I have power armor in T-45 A,B,C and D. CAn I get a basic T-45 frame and put the new ones one these or do I need to have a complete T-45 set and then add the other mods to it.

When you mod standard armour you replace the current mods in place with the ones you choose. The mods that are already on the armour are then removed and placed in your inventory. This allows you to reuse the mod if needed without having to expend more raw materials. It's very useful for scopes or mods that are outside your current perk ability.

With regards to power armour, all power armour frames are generic. Any pieces of power armour (raider, t45, t60, x01 etc.) can be equipped to any power armour frame. You can even mix and match. At a power armour station you can mod any piece of power armour that's either on your frame or in your inventory. Once you exit the crafting menu you can then choose which pieces to equip by accessing the power armour frame's inventory.

Edit: Yeah my bad about the super mutant armour. I never bothered with it because of my stealth build but it seemed like it had decent stats. Turns out it's only equippable by Strong.

It's kind of disappointing that the power armors are all identical aside from there being a linear quality tier. Where's the one with giant broad shoulders that gives twice the protection for half the speed? Where's the one that gives a melee damage boost? A recon power armor that has a really high based running speed but gives much less protection. A high tech one that gives a bonus to energy weapon damage. A stalker suit that has built in stealth boosters and a high jump range.

I know you can mod some of these, but only a little bit, and you can stick them on any suit. I feel largely indestructible in the basic suit, so I can't really get all that excited about finding the next tier up.

Zillah wrote: »
    It's kind of disappointing that the power armors are all identical aside from there being a linear quality tier. Where's the one with giant broad shoulders that gives twice the protection for half the speed? Where's the one that gives a melee damage boost? A recon power armor that has a really high based running speed but gives much less protection. A high tech one that gives a bonus to energy weapon damage. A stalker suit that has built in stealth boosters and a high jump range.

I know you can mod some of these, but only a little bit, and you can stick them on any suit. I feel largely indestructible in the basic suit, so I can't really get all that excited about finding the next tier up.

Totally agree. So far I've managed to find a complete set of X-01 and most of a second set. I've got a spare helmet with alternate targeting mod and a spare torso with jet pack. Like you said it would be nice to have mods that were more than just cosmetic. Like the recon armour for example. I've currently got a torso equipped with a stealth boy but it's more than a little immersion breaking to go stomping around in what sounds like a loader from Aliens only to turn invisible when you crouch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Totally agree. So far I've managed to find a complete set of X-01 and most of a second set. I've got a spare helmet with alternate targeting mod and a spare torso with jet pack. Like you said it would be nice to have mods that were more than just cosmetic. Like the recon armour for example. I've currently got a torso equipped with a stealth boy but it's more than a little immersion breaking to go stomping around in what sounds like a loader from Aliens only to turn invisible when you crouch.

Stealth has always been weird in these games. Like in Skyrim and Oblivion were an enemy doesn't cop that you are there despite them looking like a human pin cushion with all the arrows in their head.

• Advertisement

Huh, must have been my imagination.
    *walks over friend's corpse*

Advertisement