Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

god's toy wrote: »
    Suppose after 40 + hours of play I may as well head to diamond City and start the main story line?

Yeah after a point you will not be able to progress factions any further. It's not like new vegas where getting to the strip after 100 hours wasn't unusual. You will be semi-forced to progress the main story at different intervals in order to move on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Anyone else getting fatigued with this game - its a fantastic game, but i'm starting to not see the appeal to play it. Think this is just how im starting to see games overall as i get older, same happened with Metal Gear and Destiny

yup, i'm pretty much done playing it now, i can't even be bothered finishing the main storyline. it was enjoyable for a while, but very tedious later on. graphics aside, it honestly feels like a game from 10 years ago. incredibly dull repetitive missions, characters and dialogs and tedious game mechanics like inventories and the loading screens. i enjoyed fallout 3 and new vegas way more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Worst moment of the game so far on xbone, was at the military station the small one that repeats a radio message where you get the
    power armour
    , seen two vertibirds flying overhead to the right... They where fighting supernatants in a building. Both vertibirds crashed and crashed my game due to frame drop.... Corrupted my save and sent me back three hours :(

so did the 3 factions endings using an earlier save for the achievements, and good god they were terrible, the BoS ones especially that had you going form point A to B and back to A in quick succession. The game itself is fine until you go near the main quest but even then it's still not nearly as good as new vegas or fallout 3

Actually as far the BoS one is concerned does your character even once have an option to acknowledge that path as having
    hardship with killing shaun etc , don't even think it was mentioned
    :confused:

All the others my character had dialogue options to express trouble with but that one was not there at all that I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Main quest sucks balls no matter how it plays out.

• Advertisement

• Anyone notice a bug with the BOS side quest called the Lost patrol?

I'm at the very end but cannot
    report to Paladin Danse as he is already assigned as my buddy so I can't complete the mission

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone notice a bug with the BOS side quest called the Lost patrol?

I'm at the very end but cannot
    report to Paladin Danse as he is already assigned as my buddy so I can't complete the mission

Yeah happened to me , progress the BoS Arc one maybe two more , and you can turn it in to Kells

Actually I was able to complete it talking to kells right after the very next quest I did for them, has to be an main not a radiant one.

god's toy wrote: »
    Suppose after 40 + hours of play I may as well head to diamond City and start the main story line?

Im in the same boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Im in the same boat!

I have only just started to go to city now, I know it is the remnants of Boston and all that, but I hate the way it is so closely packed.

Also, no idea why there are so many mimi settlements there which I can control.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My vaultdweller must have some of magical magnetisation skill, what with the amount of times cars and carriages have fallen off the collapsed motorways as she approached. Really convenient they've been sitting there for centuries but kind enough to fall off when I'm walking close to them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

My vaultdweller must have some of magical magnetisation skill, what with the amount of times cars and carriages have fallen off the collapsed motorways as she approached. Really convenient they've been sitting there for centuries but kind enough to fall off when I'm walking close to them :pac:

Yeah I've giggled at that too. It's an inconsequential bug, and I suppose it's all part of the Bethesda incompetence-charm they've got going on, but it would be nice to just get a game that's a polished, finished product from them for once.

• Yeah happened to me , progress the BoS Arc one maybe two more , and you can turn it in to Kells

Actually I was able to complete it talking to kells right after the very next quest I did for them, has to be an main not a radiant one.

Thanks man, will try that this evening. I only really started into the BOS questline

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

What would improve things immeasurably for me would be if the radiant/auto-generated crap was clearly identified e.g. shoved under miscellaneous or something. The fact that they register on the main list of quests may be contributing to a lot of players getting jaded quicker than they would if they could easily identify and ignore them.

mewso wrote: »
    What would improve things immeasurably for me would be if the radiant/auto-generated crap was clearly identified e.g. shoved under miscellaneous or something. The fact that they register on the main list of quests may be contributing to a lot of players getting jaded quicker than they would if they could easily identify and ignore them.

At least in Oblivion the repeated radiant missions only showed up at the end of a faction's questline and it was pretty obvious what was going on. These appear right at the start of the Minutemen story, which basically means at the start of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was a bit confused at the start but its really not that hard to spot them once you do a couple. I like them tbh, good for a quick 30-40 minute blast when you're too short on time for a full evenings gaming, grab a load of scrap/ammo and maybe a decent legendary. From the BoS ones that is I have zero interest in clearing settlements over and over again.

• Thargor wrote: »
    I was a bit confused at the start but its really not that hard to spot them once you do a couple. I like them tbh, good for a quick 30-40 minute blast when you're too short on time for a full evenings gaming, grab a load of scrap/ammo and maybe a decent legendary. From the BoS ones that is I have zero interest in clearing settlements over and over again.
    Guilty pleasure for me...****ing up raiders with my silenced sniper rifle with banked critical hits never gets old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I had forgotten about my minigun you get at the start of the game. Searched my gaff and no sign of it, must have thrown it away at some point. Was looking for one when I turn around and see Nick swinging one around the place. Yoink! Modded the shyte out of it and have all these blades stuck to the front, looks savage.

Question about The Castle. I've been putting off the quest for ages thinking you get more help the more settlements you liberate, is that correct? I stumbled across the Castle in my exploring and legged it as I didn't want to go in without doing the quest. It looks class and would definitely move all my crap in there. 2nd question, has anyone moved house to different settlement before and advise the best way to move all your stuff? I have 4 containers full of stuff I collected throughout the game so far. Can I store a container (filled with crap) and then select it in a new settlement with all my stuff still in it?:eek:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've been putting off the quest for ages thinking you get more help the more settlements you liberate, is that correct?

No. In true Bethesda fashion the might of the Empire/Minutemen/whatever is represented by four dudes flailing around. It's one fight. Bring a fatman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

its pretty comical alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

For anyone playing on PC and fed up with long loading times as I was: I discovered Steam's option for adding multiple install locations. I added one on my SSD. Then moved the fallout install folder to it, told steam to delete local content then reinstalled choosing the SSD location.
    It just verifies the files.
    The difference running it on the SSD is something else. The longest load is about 10 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

For anyone playing on PC and fed up with long loading times as I was: I discovered Steam's option for adding multiple install locations. I added one on my SSD. Then moved the fallout install folder to it, told steam to delete local content then reinstalled choosing the SSD location.
    It just verifies the files.
    The difference running it on the SSD is something else. The longest load is about 10 seconds.

True.

I've a separate ssd for new Steam games, (Arkham Knight & Fallout 4)

Both run very smoothly and load quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Guilty pleasure for me...****ing up raiders with my silenced sniper rifle with banked critical hits never gets old :D
    That should have said APART from the BoS ones, which I enjoy in quick blasts when I dont have the time to sink a few hours in, no clue what happened there...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Question about The Castle. I've been putting off the quest for ages thinking you get more help the more settlements you liberate, is that correct? I stumbled across the Castle in my exploring and legged it as I didn't want to go in without doing the quest.

I had 6 with me, preston some burd and 2 lads went left i went right with 2 lads.

as said fat man will sort out that quest fairly quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Am I missing something with carrying weight? It's usually 240 for me, but I fast traveled somewhere yesterday and when I arrived I was encumbered with only 230 weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Am I missing something with carrying weight? It's usually 240 for me, but I fast traveled somewhere yesterday and when I arrived I was encumbered with only 230 weight.

Are you suffering withdrawl from something ? Select the stats screen and hit the appropriate button to see current applied status effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

BKtje wrote: »
    Are you suffering withdrawl from something ? Select the stats screen and hit the appropriate button to see current applied status effects.

Yeah I've recently picked up a jet addiction so it could be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Better get another hit of jet then, or an antidote. Whatever.

With regards to not being able to finish quests because they are good buddy, you need to select them with the activate button and then select talk. Should have the ability to finish the quest then.

Saw this today , going to do it myself later http://kotaku.com/make-it-rain-fallout-4-1744823455

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I had forgotten about my minigun you get at the start of the game. Searched my gaff and no sign of it, must have thrown it away at some point. Was looking for one when I turn around and see Nick swinging one around the place. Yoink! Modded the shyte out of it and have all these blades stuck to the front, looks savage.

Question about The Castle. I've been putting off the quest for ages thinking you get more help the more settlements you liberate, is that correct? I stumbled across the Castle in my exploring and legged it as I didn't want to go in without doing the quest. It looks class and would definitely move all my crap in there. 2nd question, has anyone moved house to different settlement before and advise the best way to move all your stuff? I have 4 containers full of stuff I collected throughout the game so far. Can I store a container (filled with crap) and then select it in a new settlement with all my stuff still in it?:eek:

If you mean the initial 'take the castle' quest then no, just Mr. Personality and some dudes. You should be over leveled for it by now surely though. As for the later one,I haven't gotten that far so can't say, but I doubt it. I've only been doing settlements to get the 50 misc trophy.

I've a bit more exploring to do, but it feels like the map is starting to exhaust (I have even gone to uncharted islands), so may have to do the Glowing Sea soon to get things going.

• Advertisement

Benevolent Leader achievement driving me up the wall nearly a whole evening wasted to it, and happiness is still sat at 88 :mad:

Have everything I need, as far as I know. 4 on food , rest assigned to T3 shops 7 clinics, 1 clothing, 4 food, 4 traders.

Beds for all , defence is 115, made sure it was a large settlement (the bar goes from green to yellow on the top right when it's considered large)

Food and water at 30.

:confused:

Advertisement