Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

I'm not getting too excited for tomorrow most likely all we'll get is a "watch us at e3" trailer with 2 seconds of a game that could be FO4

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Can I dream that in twenty two hours we'll get a message on the site "00:00:00.... available to download now"?

The internet would break.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fallout 3 remastered at the very least worst case. Best case, Fallout 4 for release this time next year.

I would love this .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

My excitement for this game will be tempered badly if they announce it as a cross-gen title. According to people over on Neogaf the countdown timer page has references to PS3 and 360 in the css file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

My excitement for this game will be tempered badly if they announce it as a cross-gen title. According to people over on Neogaf the countdown timer page has references to PS3 and 360 in the css file.
    I'll be delighted. I was doing some accounting when I read the announcement here to try and budget to buy a PS4 before the end of the year... looks like maybe I won't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

What is it with people and remasters? To me that would be the worst case scenario as it would mean they've been using their resources to make a game I've already played shinier rather than creating a new Fallout game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Please be on a new engine, please be on a new engine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

There's reference to the last gen console's in the source code according to reddit people who know about these things. Hopefully it will be developed for new gen and ported/engineered back, rather than developed for the last gen and ported forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really really hope they don't do cross gen for this. Fallout 4 is one game i definitely do not want held back because of old fen restrictions.

I like certain remasters but I've played through FO3 enough times, doesn't need a remaster.

What is it with people and remasters? To me that would be the worst case scenario as it would mean they've been using their resources to make a game I've already played shinier rather than creating a new Fallout game.

This is generally not the case at all, most of those remasters are not done in house, porting is done by an external studio. Those remasters can also go a ways to funding future projects for the smaller developers for a relatively small investment in a remaster.

At the end of the day though if they weren't selling they wouldn't be putting them out.

I would like a remaster ........ but then I think do I have or want to put 200-300 hours in to replaying 3+NV . Answer is probably no, just don't have that kind of time to put into replaying them :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I've replayed both to death. A remaster would be fairly redundant. The games were never about looking shiny in the first place. Was always about the depth of the world they created.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I just hope the fix the stupid enemy/loot scaling they have in every game. Fair enough they have improved on it but it was still bloody annoying to level up and then all of a sudden see Super Mutants and death claws everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Isiah

Hopefully it's more fallout the post apocalyptic Sci fi than fallout out the sci fi comedy western.
    New Vegas was way too tongue in cheek for my liking. Fallout 3 was a masterpiece of it's time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

NV was written by Obsidian rather than Bethesda though wasn't it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NV was written by Obsidian rather than Bethesda though wasn't it?

It was indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

lx5ydA9.gif

My body is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Is that Ron Paul in the original gif? It's hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

HOW AM I GOING TO SLEEP NOW?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can't wait to see what they announce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Can't wait to see what they announce.

Me too friend. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Hopefully the Empire Strikes back: Caesar's revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

C'MON TA F*CK!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

C'MON TA F*CK!

:pac:

4 hours 35mins

BqvGgAQ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

SO if the videos goes live in 4 hours I expect it to be smashed by the hype train repeatedly until about 6 in the evening. Might be able to get a stuttery, poorly buffered version of it after that.

• Resumed my second New Vegas play-though because of this..
    Here's another for good measure...

Hey Bethesda!
    s9rQUwZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

It's gonna be another 10 second teaser trailer for the real trailer. Exactly like the Doom teaser a few weeks ago! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Falthyron wrote: »
    It's gonna be another 10 second teaser trailer for the real trailer. Exactly like the Doom teaser a few weeks ago! :pac:

I heard it will be a video showing 20 minutes of gameplay and will finish with the release date announced as November 2015. It will also announce the bonus of getting Half Life 3 with it for free if you pre-order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it seems too obvious with that standby signal - hope they aren't messing

still hoping for an isometric rpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

still hoping for an isometric rpg

I would have wished for the same about 5 years ago but with games like Divinity, Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland i have had my fill of isometric RPGs for the moment, and i have yet to play Divinity and im only half way through Pillars :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I heard it will be a video showing 20 minutes of gameplay and will finish with the release date announced as November 2015. It will also announce the bonus of getting Half Life 3 with it for free if you pre-order now.

I got so excited as I read this, but then I got to the second sentence and you broke my heart (I don't even care about HL3).

Advertisement