Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Benevolent Leader achievement driving me up the wall nearly a whole evening wasted to it, and happiness is still sat at 88 :mad:

Have everything I need, as far as I know. 4 on food , rest assigned to T3 shops 7 clinics, 1 clothing, 4 food, 4 traders.

Beds for all , defence is 115, made sure it was a large settlement (the bar goes from green to yellow on the top right when it's considered large)

Food and water at 30.

:confused:
    It seems to slow down once you get to the high 80s. Try sleeping for 48 hours then pull up the settlement menu and once it goes up a point repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can you store all the stuff in the "My Mods" section, and will they still stay on your guns? All the mods in my inventory add about 40 weight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can you store all the stuff in the "My Mods" section, and will they still stay on your guns? All the mods in my inventory add about 40 weight for me.
    Put them in storage, the stuff in the my mods tabs is the stuff that's not on your guns.

Evade wrote: »
    It seems to slow down once you get to the high 80s. Try sleeping for 48 hours then pull up the settlement menu and once it goes up a point repeat.

Up to 92 now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This game is hilarious and random some times. I was talking to someone and I swear in the corner of the screen Dogmeat appeared chewing on a teddy bear, but when I looked down he was sitting there as if nothing happened.

I also found two identical men called Art shooting each other in the street. I am assuming synth shenanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

if ye give dogmeat a teddy - he rips it up like that too :D

• Yeah I've recently picked up a jet addiction so it could be that.

Sounds like we need to open a fallout 4 rehab thread.... Says me posting at 2.45 after a 6 hour session :P

• Zillah wrote: »
    This game is hilarious and random some times. I was talking to someone and I swear in the corner of the screen Dogmeat appeared chewing on a teddy bear, but when I looked down he was sitting there as if nothing happened.

I also found two identical men called Art shooting each other in the street. I am assuming synth shenanigans.

Lol thought it was a glitch for me. I have it captured on game dvr on the xbone. Il upload it tomorrow. I waited for one to kill the other then stole the dead guys loot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Psycho is my drug of choice. I take it sometimes just to hear the character go "Raaargh!"

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CiaranW

Anyone else miss the repair function!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Zillah wrote: »

That incident turned me against the institute. Sending out synths to kill people and 'replace' them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zillah wrote: »

Was that two guys in a petrol station ? I came across them early on in the game and had a chat with them. Ended up deciding the human and the two of us killed the other one.

The human guy took off and as I was following him stupid feckers stood on a mine and blew us both up.

I hadn't saved in over an hour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anybody else disappointed by the ending? I really enjoyed the game but I feel it lacked the depth I thought it would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

CiaranW wrote: »
    Anyone else miss the repair function!?

Yep, liked the way you had to maintain your weapons in fallout of old.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep, liked the way you had to maintain your weapons in fallout of old.
    Same, loved stripping the dead after a fight and using it to fix up all my gear, satisfying ratchet noise every time, I don't really feel as attached to my gear in this one without having to look after it.

Kirby wrote: »
    Anybody else disappointed by the ending? I really enjoyed the game but I feel it lacked the depth I thought it would have.

A line in a review I saw summed it up nicely for me, "wide as an ocean deep as a puddle"

Once the exploration was done in my game and I focused on the main story I wanted to be done with it, the factions were terrible and I found it hard to sympathise with any of them mostly because we were given very little to sympathise with, it was a case of "we hate those guys, go get them" and that was pretty much it.

Oh one thing I almost missed post game was a quest back at
    diamond city
    involving
    the guard and the mayor
    . I also had to reload to before the final mission as I forgot to get the
    Serum for virgil

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pickman is a very interesting character. Found his calling card and made Hancock's mission sound a lit more enticing.

Does Strong have a personal quest you can unlock? Just asking as he dislikes EVERYTHING I do. It's gas really.

Have a great collection of unique weapons I'll never use, I'd love to be able to hang them on a wall for display.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Pickman is a very interesting character. Found his calling card and made Hancock's mission sound a lit more enticing.

Does Strong have a personal quest you can unlock? Just asking as he dislikes EVERYTHING I do. It's gas really.

Have a great collection of unique weapons I'll never use, I'd love to be able to hang them on a wall for display.

He likes when you eat corpses and shoot none hostiles

Finished the main story and ...
    meh.. I mean.. it was a little underwhelming.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I couldn't resist, picked this up today :)

Any suggestions on what I should use my 1st few Special Points for?

I know that usually some of the Tier 1 stuff ends up being handy no matter your play style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Cormac... wrote: »
    I couldn't resist, picked this up today :)

Any suggestions on what I should use my 1st few Special Points for?

I know that usually some of the Tier 1 stuff ends up being handy no matter your play style

There's a glitch where you can get special to all 10 if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

For those talking about the two Arts, I have the count up to five now.

By interesting you mean nuts right?

And you can use the workshop to display stuff on shelves and the like. Its clunky business though.

Strong is in a settlement by his lonesome for that reason because I feel he will snap and eat everyone in Sanctuary Hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A line in a review I saw summed it up nicely for me, "wide as an ocean deep as a puddle"

Once the exploration was done in my game and I focused on the main story I wanted to be done with it, the factions were terrible and I found it hard to sympathise with any of them mostly because we were given very little to sympathise with, it was a case of "we hate those guys, go get them" and that was pretty much it.

Oh one thing I almost missed post game was a quest back at
    diamond city
    involving
    the guard and the mayor
    . I also had to reload to before the final mission as I forgot to get the
    Serum for virgil

Yup, that's a perfect line for Bethesda games. That's why I never got in to oblivion or skyrim. Still played all fallout games, but only because I love fallout series since fallout 1 and I am a sucker for the fallout universe.

I always said this.
    Skyrim is like McDonald's - it's food, there is a lot of it, but it's plain and still "fast food" tossed by teeneager.
    Witcher: is like well cooked t-bone steak. There is not much of it,but it's full of flavour and awesome.

They made all 3 factions in a way, that you find really good parts about it, but they are still made to do dickhead decisions. The while idea behind it to make player feel bad and kind of have no choice. I did all 3 endings and they all sucked.

I haven't played much now as I am on holidays and spending time with misses, but I was on my last achievement. That damn leader one with 100% happiness.
    I still can't get settlement to go to large, even with so much stuff in it and with 20 people.
    Due to stupid way settlement works, you have to be in settlement for it to go happy. I just left it overnight with controller tossed on the side so my character would be in constant movement. ( rubbing a wall lol) managed to get 94happiness and it started to go down for some reason... **** this achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see nothing wrong with Pickman, doing the Commonwealth a service in my eyes. Yeah i had a few nuka cola's and bobble heads paced on same tables but they keep falling through the furniture. Strong is gas walking around Sanctuary. "Too many humans. ..not enough supermutants"

I got the castle a while a go, thanks for the fatman tip, very underwhelming mission. Think I'll make it my new hq though and send everyone i can there.

Also i randomly found the ss constitution. What a class quest and epic ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I see nothing wrong with Pickman, doing the Commonwealth a service in my eyes. Yeah i had a few nuka cola's and bobble heads paced on same tables but they keep falling through the furniture. Strong is gas walking around Sanctuary. "Too many humans. ..not enough supermutants"

I got the castle a while a go, thanks for the fatman tip, very underwhelming mission. Think I'll make it my new hq though and send everyone i can there.

SS constitution was the only quest that was properly fun and with fallout humour in it.

I still can't get settlement to go to large, even with so much stuff in it and with 20 people.
    Due to stupid way settlement works, you have to be in settlement for it to go happy. I just left it overnight with controller tossed on the side so my character would be in constant movement. ( rubbing a wall lol) managed to get 94happiness and it started to go down for some reason... **** this achievement.

It was the last one I did. My set up in the end was 7 T3 Clinics, 1 T3 clothing, 4 T3 Food, 4 T3 General stores. food and water was 25 , defence was purely turrents at 150 defence and places around the shops area. Works out at about 12600 cap if I recall for the shops.

I had 21 people. Sent all companions away.So only had settlers there. Made sure everyone was assigned to a shop , rest on food. Beds for all and all assigned. Build 2 new buildings. After that I just put paintings on every wall I could and set about a cycle of sleep/wait 48 hours , buy something in the stores and sleep again.

I ended up putting down some other things like , bell , scrapping station, 1 of each of the workbenchs etc as it got stuck at 96 on me for ages. Started moving again once I did that.

When I got to 99 it popped after 10 minutes of standing around.

To get it to be large, bar turns yellow on the top right of workshop interface I had to lay down about 100 or so storage boxes.

If it went down on you, check the shops, water pump and food etc. to see if they need repairs , you may have been attacked. This happened to me. Also it's recommended my many of the guide to not leave once you begin the process of trying to boost happiness. Not sure if thats important, and that you shouldn't have a trade route set up there as that counts as one settler you can't use or assign to a shop I think.

Just regarding the ending.
    I sided with the Initiate against the Brotherhood, so avoid the next spoiler if you don't want to know what happens there.
    and what sucked was that it was essentially a rehashing of Fallout 3. I mean, Liberty Prime? Surely they could have come up with a better ending than that. And then when Father died, it didn't have any emotional impact whatsoever, because I just didn't care about him at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Nothing wrong with what he is doing but he is still nuts.

There is a Bobblehead stand you build.

As for the ship, its not done yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Is it unusual to have loads of power armor frames?

Every time i come across a suit i just take it back to base, but most have mussing parts.

I end up taking parts to have a complete set then have a frame left.

Also, if i mod up a suit, parts a-f.can i use the parts elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Not once did I wear the power armour suits outside of
    saving the Minutemen.

Advertisement