Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It was the last one I did. My set up in the end was 7 T3 Clinics, 1 T3 clothing, 4 T3 Food, 4 T3 General stores. food and water was 25 , defence was purely turrents at 150 defence and places around the shops area. Works out at about 12600 cap if I recall for the shops.

I had 21 people. Sent all companions away.So only had settlers there. Made sure everyone was assigned to a shop , rest on food. Beds for all and all assigned. Build 2 new buildings. After that I just put paintings on every wall I could and set about a cycle of sleep/wait 48 hours , buy something in the stores and sleep again.

I ended up putting down some other things like , bell , scrapping station, 1 of each of the workbenchs etc as it got stuck at 96 on me for ages. Started moving again once I did that.

When I got to 99 it popped after 10 minutes of standing around.

To get it to be large, bar turns yellow on the top right of workshop interface I had to lay down about 100 or so storage boxes.

If it went down on you, check the shops, water pump and food etc. to see if they need repairs , you may have been attacked. This happened to me. Also it's recommended my many of the guide to not leave once you begin the process of trying to boost happiness. Not sure if thats important, and that you shouldn't have a trade route set up there as that counts as one settler you can't use or assign to a shop I think.

Did you do it in sanctuary? Or somewhere else? I did mistake of doing it in sanctuary now. There are plenty of useless npcs that cannot be a signed to do work. Really annoys me. Those npcs should not be counted as settlers then. I am completely broke in caps now, but I might salvage all shops I made in sanctuary and move to Castle maybe or some other place and try it there.

I was so glad that the settler/camp management wasn't tied to the main story so much, because I just don't have the patience to do it.

I'm assuming that's not a spoiler ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Bottle caps - never have enough of them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Bottle caps - never have enough of them.

Build out water purifiers at Sanctuary. With all the purified water you'll be bringing in you'll have more caps then you'll ever need.

Did you do it in sanctuary? Or somewhere else? I did mistake of doing it in sanctuary now. There are plenty of useless npcs that cannot be a signed to do work. Really annoys me. Those npcs should not be counted as settlers then. I am completely broke in caps now, but I might salvage all shops I made in sanctuary and move to Castle maybe or some other place and try it there.

Yeah I was way too invested by the time I realised so did it there too. The only one I couldn't assign was the mechanic type guy, hence 21 people. Sent anyone like companions away from there like preston, dogmeat etc.

The one you are likely having issue with is mama whats her name. Shoot her in the face so she falls out of her chair and pick it up and scrap it so she can't sit back down , you can then assign her a job. Don't worry I assure you no one will agro or even notice :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

For anyone that's interested in non-power armour which looks a bit better than the combat armour currently available (which covers so little you'd think it was designed by Ann Summers), I noticed a good looking suit of it on a Gunner during one of the load screens. Looks to cover the whole of the chest and back. Did a little bit of googling and apparently it's
    Heavy Combat Armour
    and can be found in
    Quincy Ruins

Gonna go get me some! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So The Glowing Sea is a ball of laughs. I had found the hazmat suit so said I'd finally give it a go. Think I'll head back and get my power armour though and just rush through it.

Also Cait saying Shyte is one of the best things in the game :)

Yeah I was way too invested by the time I realised so did it there too. The only one I couldn't assign was the mechanic type guy, hence 21 people. Sent anyone like companions away from there like preston, dogmeat etc.

The one you are likely having issue with is mama whats her name. Shoot her in the face so she falls out of her chair and pick it up and scrap it so she can't sit back down , you can then assign her a job. Don't worry I assure you no one will agro or even notice :pac:

So just shoot her and she will get up? Won't whole settlement go ghetto on my arse?
    do they all have to be settlers? Looks like companion can be assigned to shops too. Or is it bugged?

Is there a way to check how much your companion likes you?

Is there a way to check how much your companion likes you?

Its weird, talk to them and choose 'relationship'. I've always gotten very vague answers. Would be handy if they had a happiness level like settlements.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Its weird, talk to them and choose 'relationship'. I've always gotten very vague answers. Would be handy if they had a happiness level like settlements.

Cheers. Done that a couple of times with Valentine and he seems to think I'm ok - opened up to me about something there the other day. Strong told me he really respects me. I must go for a ramble with him again, he's defo my favourite so far - 'Dead not need, we take'.

I had Nick with me for absolutely ages and he liked/loved most stuff I did. I only got full relationship with him after i completed his personal quest.

Have to say, i wouldn't mind seeing you do a Lets Play if Strong likes your style :pac:

So just shoot her and she will get up? Won't whole settlement go ghetto on my arse?
    do they all have to be settlers? Looks like companion can be assigned to shops too. Or is it bugged?

Yeah seriously shoot her out of the chair she'll be bloody and all like wtf but no negative consequences at all then assign her after you scrap her chair, I got rid of companions, I was going back to a save from earlier anyway so didn't care if i could find them or not on the settlement save. When i hit 100 all i had where normal settlers, the named ones in SH except preston, The Mr.Handy one you cant send away from there so dont worry about him and I had the
    vault tech guy
    who makes T3 shop into a T4 i belive

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Just did the castle. Hid in a corner, went to make a tea and came back job done by the lads. Thank God too as I'm only level 13 and I would have struggled

Yeah, that clearing the Castle job seemed awful difficult and oddly placed for so early in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I had Nick with me for absolutely ages and he liked/loved most stuff I did. I only got full relationship with him after i completed his personal quest.

Kinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

What advatnage do the T2 and T3 stores have?
    I built a few and they had less stuff than T1 stores.

Got the heavey combat armor, good states but ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yeah, that clearing the Castle job seemed awful difficult and oddly placed for so early in the game.

Ah but they give you a missile launcher to even things up a bit so it's not that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

allibastor wrote: »
    What advatnage do the T2 and T3 stores have?
    I built a few and they had less stuff than T1 stores.

Got the heavey combat armor, good states but ugly

Check the bottle caps in your settlement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That Castle mission is more tedious than difficult, given the huge amount of smaller enemies to swat and the constant acid streams if you step outside.

That said, the missile launcher supplies pretty much does all the heavy lifting, just a matter of popping in and out of cover to take shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Have to say, i wouldn't mind seeing you do a Lets Play if Strong likes your style :pac:
    Can you trigger his personal quest manually? I thought he'd approach you when you got to a certain level, what do I do?

Thargor wrote: »
    Can you trigger his personal quest manually? I thought he'd approach you when you got to a certain level, what do I do?

Not sure, He stopped me to give a background on himself and that was it for a while, then he stopped me again to talk about some unfinished business and that kicked off the quest.

His wiki page below shows he has to 'admire' you before offering you the quest and gives you list of stuff he likes and doesn't like.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nick_Valentine

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The settlements make no God damned sense in this game. I've poured every resource and feature I can get my hands on into Sanctuary Hills and I can't get the population above 17, but three other settlements have reached 20+ population and don't even have beds for half of them, let alone enough defense, food, or luxuries like stores - even with happiness in the low 40's. Is there some secret ingredient I am missing?

It's amazing they went to so much effort to make this settlement system but made virtually no actual gameplay features involving it.

I've noticed this over the weekend, I concentrate mostly on Sactuary and happiness levels stay at around 70%. Only have 11 people, can't seem to attract any more. I have a ton of other settlements liberated and when I randomly happen upon one, they have a load of people and happily working away. I think that Santuary has a lot of people who aren't 'Settlers' and it's hard to get them to do anything were as other settlements contain mostly or all 'Settlers' and happier to work. I'm gonna pick a new place to concentrate on, maybe the castle, see how that goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Zillah wrote: »
    The settlements make no God damned sense in this game. I've poured every resource and feature I can get my hands on into Sanctuary Hills and I can't get the population above 17, but three other settlements have reached 20+ population and don't even have beds for half of them, let alone enough defense, food, or luxuries like stores - even with happiness in the low 40's. Is there some secret ingredient I am missing?

It's amazing they went to so much effort to make this settlement system but made virtually no actual gameplay features involving it.

It's tacked on garbage that can be completely ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

lawlolawl wrote: »
    It's tacked on garbage that can be completely ignored.

Yes thank you, I am aware of that. I am lamenting that they didn't integrate it properly with the rest of the game. I do use settlements for farming adhesive, purified water, and as artillery outposts, so they're not completely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why do you need to farm anything though? I come back from missions laden down with more crap than Ill ever use, Im carrying about 150 stimpacks atm and 50 purified water plus God knows how many bloodpacks for example, don't even bother picking up food anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Just freed Castle.

Must say, the only tough thing about that mission were the baby Mirelurks.

I murder the boss there with a modded sword

well, I am back from holiday and fired up fallout. Will tackle that damn last achievement. I redone a few things in Sanctuary. 3 on food, the rest on shops. Did the container trick to make it a large settlement. Got wrid of you fallowers, which were just posers and did no work. Shot old hag in a face and got her out of her chair. She is pulling her weight now!

Its on 95 and growing. Left it afk and see how it wil go. Hopefully I will hit 100 and be done with it.

Any ideas how much trade in value this still got? No point keeping it, did everything I wanted in it. Ill just wait for Goty to play all dlc or get PC version for mods and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Any ideas how much trade in value this still got? No point keeping it, did everything I wanted in it. Ill just wait for Goty to play all dlc or get PC version for mods and stuff.

€47 in cex still ;)

....and yes you do have a cex in Limerick :pac:

Advertisement