Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2 willsonjosep

A crap looks like I wont be playing this today. The initial steam download is 2 gigs then when steam loads up fully you need to download another 18 gbs. I thought it was strange that the game only came with one dvd for the pc. Now i know why lol. I mean GTA 5 came with like 6 DVDs or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Thargor wrote: »
    Why do you need to farm anything though? I come back from missions laden down with more crap than Ill ever use, Im carrying about 150 stimpacks atm and 50 purified water plus God knows how many bloodpacks for example, don't even bother picking up food anymore.

Adhesive is pretty rare if you don't farm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zillah wrote: »
    Adhesive is pretty rare if you don't farm it.

I have it constantly tagged for searching and the savanger level 2 perk means everything I tag is highlighted green when I go into a room. Essential perk for anyone looking to craft.

Or I can have my settlers churn out vast quantities of it for almost no effort beyond setting up a small farm at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

What is the deal with the glowing sea? I heard loads on about it, so I just avoided it for a while. Walked through it last night....was grand! Some radscorpians and a bunch of ghouls - but nothing too difficult. Unless I have gone way past the expected level for it? I was level 26 when I explored it.

On a side note, it looks really cool. So horribly bleak and awful, very well done.

• Advertisement

Noopti wrote: »

On a side note, it looks really cool. So horribly bleak and awful, very well done.

The bugs can be annoying and then multiple deathclaws don't help but it was straightforward, cool area but felt exactly how it should, toxic and uninhabitable.

It's cool how you can visit the site where
    the bomb dropped but how the hell did the Atom Church people stay alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Noopti wrote: »
    What is the deal with the glowing sea? I heard loads on about it, so I just avoided it for a while. Walked through it last night....was grand! Some radscorpians and a bunch of ghouls - but nothing too difficult. Unless I have gone way past the expected level for it? I was level 26 when I explored it.

I was same. Its not hard area, but one of the rare unique ones. Cool places in there.

Its not hard area. All you need is Hazmat suit and Power armour and radiation is not an issue at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Anyone any thoughts on my power armor frame issues.

I have 4 spare frames knocking about in my base at the moment, and 9 full suits.

They kind of look sad sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

This game is amazing, better then any other game I have ever played.
    In the mission where you
    kill Kellogg and all his synths
    it took me so long to finally kill him, I died time after time again. No game ever filled me with as much emotion as when I had my minigun unloading round after round into his sorry ass, and the sheer feeling when he dropped to the ground and I picked up his gun. The very gun that
    kills your wife.
    That gun is now my primary weapon for the wasteland. It doesn't end there! When I left the building at the end of all this, I heard the music ramping up - and to my amazement, that
    huge bloody airship
    flying overhead, and
    when I found out it was the Brotherhood of Steel's airship
    , words can't describe the awesome feeling. Flying on that vertibird, unleashing death and destruction to those below - joining the
    brotherhood of steel
    is a great choice.
    This is a game I'll never forget for my whole life - and I am not even a quarter of the way to having it done

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Lockheed wrote: »
    This game is amazing, better then any other game I have ever played.
    In the mission where you
    kill Kellogg and all his synths
    it took me so long to finally kill him, I died time after time again. No game ever filled me with as much emotion as when I had my minigun unloading round after round into his sorry ass, and the sheer feeling when he dropped to the ground and I picked up his gun. The very gun that
    kills your wife.
    That gun is now my primary weapon for the wasteland. It doesn't end there! When I left the building at the end of all this, I heard the music ramping up - and to my amazement, that
    huge bloody airship
    flying overhead, and
    when I found out it was the Brotherhood of Steel's airship
    , words can't describe the awesome feeling. Flying on that vertibird, unleashing death and destruction to those below - joining the
    brotherhood of steel
    is a great choice.
    This is a game I'll never forget for my whole life - and I am not even a quarter of the way to having it done

Your spoiler tags there don't really prevent any spoilers dude, just sayin'.
    Thanks for the effort though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

KeithTS wrote: »
    Your spoiler tags there don't really prevent any spoilers dude, just sayin'.
    Thanks for the effort though...

well, I am very new to the game, I only have about 14 hours - half of those in making sanctuary perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Got Strong to idolise me there last night (wha wha wha), got the berserk perk from him, but no quest. The perk isn't really worth much to me though, I haven't used melee all game....

....a .50 cal sniper shot to the mush, then for anyone that comes in close I've an incendiary combat shotgun with 104 damage or Kellog's Pistol which deals around 100 damage :pac: Righteous Authority has been upgraded to a sniper rifle too, some serious damage out of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Where are all the .50 cal guns? I cant find any...

Thargor wrote: »
    Where are all the .50 cal guns? I cant find any...

I think I've actually only found one .50 but you can upgrade the sniper rifles to that level via the workbench and the required Gun Nut perk level (3, I think).

Edit: It only does 76 damage, which I find a wee bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

you can get that number much higher on sniper rifles that use .50

I've no special perks on it like 'incendiary' or such like, but it's maxed to the hilt as far as I can see. The receiver is .50, the stock is the highest, same with the barrel, the loader and the scope.

Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After about 50 hours, I only realise you can change the Pipboy's light colour. Goodbye horrible green hue, hello normal flash light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

How?

Without having put any points in the Rifleman perk the most damage I've managed to eke out of a .50 cal rifle is 84. Either I'm missing something or the weapon damage balance is completely broken because my .308 Overseer's Guardian is getting 118 base damage. Even some of my melee weapons are outclassing my .50cal.

J. Marston wrote: »
    After about 50 hours, I only realise you can change the Pipboy's light colour. Goodbye horrible green hue, hello normal flash light.

Eugh.

I knew you could change the pipboy colour but it never occured to me that it would change the flashlight too. I hate that green flashlight.

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    How?

Without having put any points in the Rifleman perk the most damage I've managed to eke out of a .50 cal rifle is 84. Either I'm missing something or the weapon damage balance is completely broken because my .308 Overseer's Guardian is getting 118 base damage. Even some of my melee weapons are outclassing my .50cal.

Stated damage factors in your perks I think. Do you have non-auto rifle damage boosters?

• Advertisement

Stated damage factors in your perks I think. Do you have non-auto rifle damage boosters?

No. So far I've put perk points into crafting and build-specific (Sneak, Ninja, Mister Sandman) perks but nothing yet into Rifleman, Commando, Gunslinger or any of the other weapon damage modifiers. There is currently a weapon damage overhaul mod on Nexus so at least I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

• OSI wrote: »
    WHAT!?!?!? :eek:

Yea there are alot of mechanics which pretty much go unexplained.

By the way there is a cover system in this game. Yes another one I figured out over 50 hours in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm having the exact same issues that I had in Fallout 3 that turned me off the game.

I'm level 15 and almost everything I'm sent to do has me woefully under levelled.

Mutants and some other stuff takes enough bullets to bring down that I end up running out of bullets constantly.

So I have to carry many weapons just to ensure I'll have enough bullets of different types to complete a mission.

So I'm pretty much stuck now trying to use a Bloody Tommy gun against 10 Super Mutants

Song now stuck in my head.

12278807_1095388620485014_8597757003826690572_n.jpg?oh=7b6ed6485d4e5bc19f169918fcb8deb6&oe=56E7CC73

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

No. So far I've put perk points into crafting and build-specific (Sneak, Ninja, Mister Sandman) perks but nothing yet into Rifleman, Commando, Gunslinger or any of the other weapon damage modifiers. There is currently a weapon damage overhaul mod on Nexus so at least I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

Mods seem to be able to get most weapons to in around 180-200% damage over base stats.

So my hunting rifles are around 130 with a base stat of around 40 I think.

Perks are the same. RifleMan 4*, lone wanderer 3*, sandman 3* and bloody mess *3 are 195% damage and 30% armour pen on a silenced rifle for 13 points.

Seems like a big difference because few people will be using base stat weapons after a hour or 2, so any investment or effect is overshadowed by the damage burst from leveling perks.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same issues that I had in Fallout 3 that turned me off the game.

I'm level 15 and almost everything I'm sent to do has me woefully under levelled.

Mutants and some other stuff takes enough bullets to bring down that I end up running out of bullets constantly.

So I have to carry many weapons just to ensure I'll have enough bullets of different types to complete a mission.

So I'm pretty much stuck now trying to use a Bloody Tommy gun against 10 Super Mutants

Are you aiming for the head? Are you sneak attacking where possible? Are you using the right weapons for the right range? Are you firing in controlled bursts rather than spraying?

Cos unless something weird is going on you just sound bad :/

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Are you aiming for the head? Are you sneak attacking where possible? Are you using the right weapons for the right range? Are you firing in controlled bursts rather than spraying?

Cos unless something weird is going on you just sound bad :/

I have to agree, make sure you're using decent tactics for the enemy type. Very often it makes sense to knock a ghouls leg off to leave them helpless rather than struggling for headshots as they run at you and so on. I'd really struggle if I didn't snipe to thin areas out before running into a packed room for instance. I've only recently gotten above your level and although there have been instances I've had a bit of a challenge I haven't found myself despairing and feeling totally underpowered.

What weapons are you using? I'm almost exclusively sticking to my .38 pipe weapons and 10mm pistol unless there's a particularly tough guy to take down and I'm on very hard so it's doable if you take your time.

Are you playing on survivor or something?

Mods seem to be able to get most weapons to in around 180-200% damage over base stats.

So my hunting rifles are around 130 with a base stat of around 40 I think.

Perks are the same. RifleMan 4*, lone wanderer 3*, sandman 3* and bloody mess *3 are 195% damage and 30% armour pen on a silenced rifle for 13 points.

Seems like a big difference because few people will be using base stat weapons after a hour or 2, so any investment or effect is overshadowed by the damage burst from leveling perks.

That seems to be mostly inline with what I've been seeing. My .50 cal sniper rifle is getting 84 which is 127% over base damage with no points invested in Rifleman or Bloody Mess.

What is bothering me is that no ballistic ammo should outclass a .50 cal, certainly nothing in the game. However my .308 Overseer's Guardian is getting 118 damage.

The weapon design in the game seems to be completely broken. The assault rifle is no such thing (it's actually a Lewis MG from WWI). Nobody in Bethesda seems to think that using a pistol round in a combat rifle makes no sense whatsoever. Not to mention that the choice of ammo is painfully lacking and the removal of the ammo crafting feature is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, this achievement is driving me crazy. Got up to 98 and it stoped.

Now I only could count 18 settlers. I am pretty sure I have at least one on supply line, but by the looks of it, there is no easy way to take them off supply lines.

I got 14 shops and 4 on food. Cant get it past 98. Really frustrating. Any tips how to hunt down supply lines settlers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That seems to be mostly inline with what I've been seeing. My .50 cal sniper rifle is getting 84 which is 127% over base damage with no points invested in Rifleman or Bloody Mess.

What is bothering me is that no ballistic ammo should outclass a .50 cal, certainly nothing in the game. However my .308 Overseer's Guardian is getting 118 damage.

The weapon design in the game seems to be completely broken. The assault rifle is no such thing (it's actually a Lewis MG from WWI). Nobody in Bethesda seems to think that using a pistol round in a combat rifle makes no sense whatsoever. Not to mention that the choice of ammo is painfully lacking and the removal of the ammo crafting feature is ridiculous.

Your overseer's guardian is technically firing two shots hence why it can do so much damage.

Advertisement