Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The bugs can be annoying and then multiple deathclaws don't help but it was straightforward, cool area but felt exactly how it should, toxic and uninhabitable.

It's cool how you can visit the site where
    the bomb dropped but how the hell did the Atom Church people stay alive.

I encountered no Deathclaws......which would definitely make things easier for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    That seems to be mostly inline with what I've been seeing. My .50 cal sniper rifle is getting 84 which is 127% over base damage with no points invested in Rifleman or Bloody Mess.

What is bothering me is that no ballistic ammo should outclass a .50 cal, certainly nothing in the game. However my .308 Overseer's Guardian is getting 118 damage.

The weapon design in the game seems to be completely broken. The assault rifle is no such thing (it's actually a Lewis MG from WWI). Nobody in Bethesda seems to think that using a pistol round in a combat rifle makes no sense whatsoever. Not to mention that the choice of ammo is painfully lacking and the removal of the ammo crafting feature is ridiculous.

There are really only a small amount of guns in the game. I think you might have a pipe bolt-action upgraded with a .50 cal receiver hence the low damage, I'd have to craft one to test though.

The double projectile legendary is the most OP stat, it's a 100% base damage boost with odd wording. And Ninja rank 2 as well, at this point most things just die with 1 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sweet. Cought those 2 last sucker that were on supply lines.
    21 settlers, 17 shops and 4 om food. Meter is going up from 98%. Looks like I might get that last achievement.

If anyone interested how to catch supply line bastards in sanctuary: block off bridge with something. Like chairs. Then do wait cycle and just roam around settlement and just check the bridge. They get confused and cought by blocked way. That's where you snatch them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sweet. Cought those 2 last sucker that were on supply lines....

If anyone interested how to catch supply line bastards ....

They get confused and cought by blocked way. That's where you snatch them. :)

:pac: and there they are risking life and limb for you.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    :pac: and there they are risking life and limb for you.

They are disposable asset. I gave them protection, food, water, electricity, medical help. The should bow to me as a god. I am from institute, I don't care about these lowly life forms now. :pac: 99%!!! Come on you bastard! Worst achievement ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Noopti wrote: »
    I encountered no Deathclaws......which would definitely make things easier for me!

An Alpha Deathclaw popped up in front of me and then a giant rad scorpion joined in and they just turned on each other leaving me to leg it all the way to the marker. So yeah, no exploring for me, maybe later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

As I was wandering ( scavenging ) through Boston Common earlier, I came across a little pond with a plastic swan it it.
    As I got closer, the swan turned out to be a huge mutant in hiding. Nearly sh1t myself.

Also, anyone else have the entire population of Diamond City market turn on them? Left a building ( didn't steal anything ) and everyone started shooting at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

trixiebust wrote: »
    Also, anyone else have the entire population of Diamond City market turn on them? Left a building ( didn't steal anything ) and everyone started shooting at me.

Just once, I jumped from a height into the market with my power armour. Landing caused shock waves, merchants must have thought I was attacking them so start tearing into me.

I murdered every single one of them, then reloaded to a previous save to continue where I left off.

Okay, this achievement is doing my head in. It just did not go past 99% now. When it gets to 99, it starts to fall. I was told about the trick to put on more settler from food on one more shop and it will go 100, before it will be fudged up for food... I did and it droped to 93 instantly....

So now I just put on all charisma gear, sold all drugs to get caps for shops, sent all people to sanctuary ( 25 now here ) put up two more shops and got 5 people on food. I really really hope its not percentage wise how happy these ****s are.

Its on afk with controller walking me in to a wall and it started climbing from 93. If this wont do it, I fecking give up. Most retarded achievement I ever tried to get. To make it worse my OCD is killing me, when I see 49/50 achievements done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Swan popped up to say hello to me the other night, got a bit of a fright, and my body exploded when he hit me. Apart from that, all is good.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just once, I jumped from a height into the market with my power armour. Landing caused shock waves, merchants must have thought I was attacking them so start tearing into me.

I murdered every single one of them, then reloaded to a previous save to continue where I left off.

Weird, had no power armor on. Just me and little Dogmeat. Tried for ages to kill them, but no joy. Did the next best thing..ran away, ran away, very fast :eek:

Swan popped up to say hello to me the other night, got a bit of a fright, and my body exploded when he hit me. Apart from that, all is good.

Took me ages to take that swan down, nice reward for doing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Would it have killed you to use spoiler tags???

Treadhead wrote: »
    Would it have killed you to use spoiler tags???

Why?!! It's not story related, just mentioned some random thing I came across. If that's the case, every sentence on the thread would have a spoiler alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

swan got me too the first time i seen him :D sneaky fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Why?!! It's not story related, just mentioned some random thing I came across. If that's the case, every sentence on the thread would have a spoiler alert.
    Swan's appearance
    is a pretty surprising moment and it was ruined for me from people talking about it on the thread. As soon as I saw
    the pond
    I knew exactly what was about to happen.

**** yes!!!!!!

DSC_1112_zpsesctzf45.jpg

My very first 100% too. :)

**** yes!!!!!!

My very first 100% too. :)

Congrats on first 100% achievements :)

Now do my settlement for me! :D

Congrats on first 100% achievements :)

Now do my settlement for me! :D

Thank you and **** OFF!!! If there will be a settlement dlc, I will fecking burn the damn game!!! I will never touch the fecking thing. Most annoying achievement ever created. It's not about skill or dedication, it's just trying to make broken thing to work!

I will go and check what's the story in town tomorrow. Most likely trade it in amd pick it up again as Goty with all dlc.
    Rainbow six actually looks decent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Well if finding it was a fun surprise for you why spoil it for others??? Just becuse it's not related to a quest or a plot doesn't mean everyone needs to know about it before they get there....

• Advertisement

Randomly found Vault 95, nice little back story. Really want a 95 jump suit but couldn't find any. Dont think I've found any vault jumpsuits besides 111 which is a bit disappointing.

Randomly found Vault 95, nice little back story. Really want a 95 jump suit but couldn't find any. Dont think I've found any vault jumpsuits besides 111 which is a bit disappointing.

There's definitely more vault suits than 111, I have a few, can't remember which ones now tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

There's definitely more vault suits than 111, I have a few, can't remember which ones now tho.

I think I picked up a suit for either 101 or 110. Definitely picked one up that wasn't 111. No idea where it is, though, will look later to be sure I'm not talking through my hat!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There are boxes of suits
    outside the unfinished vault where you rescue Nick, implying nobody ever came to wear them.

Killed the
    Mirelurk Queen
    last night, I thought I was finally high enough level but it took me about 10 attempts, in the end I had to
    hit her 5 times with the Fat Man and then leg it off towards the town, killed a load of her minions then popped back out and finished her with the missile launcher and a load of .45 ammo.
    Toughest fight Ive had in a game since Dark Souls, it was actually proper scary when she started following me towards the town, especially with her one shot acid that she can spit across the map...

Of course I then didn't have enough material to build generators and the workshop menu glitched out anyway so I had to go to bed without finishing the quest properly :rolleyes:

Thargor wrote: »
    There are boxes of suits
    outside the unfinished vault where you rescue Nick, implying nobody ever came to wear them.

Yeah that's 114, I think I actually have a suit from there, people arrived there alright, great little backstory to that place too, The Overseer audition tapes are gas out.

I looked it up last night and apparently only the couple of vaults have suits you can pick up, I like to have one from every vault I explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah that's 114, I think I actually have a suit from there, people arrived there alright, great little backstory to that place too, The Overseer audition tapes are gas out.

I loved this idea for a Vault, and the interviews were brilliant. But I don't think it was ever used. The Triggermen specifically say it was never finished in overheard conversation.

Zillah wrote: »
    I loved this idea for a Vault, and the interviews were brilliant. But I don't think it was ever used. The Triggermen specifically say it was never finished in overheard conversation.

Ah I was fully sure I saw bodies, might have been mistaken.
    Reading the logs for the rooms, I had to laugh how they put a young family with kids in a room with some bachelor guy, leaving it wide open to all kinds of tension.
    I must have told myself that this had all actually happened. Exploring Vaults are definitely my favourite part of FO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Your overseer's guardian is technically firing two shots hence why it can do so much damage.

Thanks for that. I had assumed that the double projectile damage would be added on after the fact but it's added to the base damage.

There are really only a small amount of guns in the game. I think you might have a pipe bolt-action upgraded with a .50 cal receiver hence the low damage, I'd have to craft one to test though.

The double projectile legendary is the most OP stat, it's a 100% base damage boost with odd wording. And Ninja rank 2 as well, at this point most things just die with 1 hit.

No, it's a hunting rifle with a .50cal receiver. I was just surprised how underpowered the .50cal is compared to weapons like the Super Sledge or even an electrified serrated Chinese officer's sword. Although nothing seems to match up to my legendary advanced combat shotgun with 157 base damage and a 15 point explosive AOE damage.

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I had assumed that the double projectile damage would be added on after the fact but it's added to the base damage.

No, it's a hunting rifle with a .50cal receiver. I was just surprised how underpowered the .50cal is compared to weapons like the Super Sledge or even an electrified serrated Chinese officer's sword. Although nothing seems to match up to my legendary advanced combat shotgun with 157 base damage and a 15 point explosive AOE damage.

I had a pipe pistol with the 15 point AoE I got near the start and it was still my main weapon at the end, changed it from a .38 to a .45 after I got low on ammo and never looked back , packed a hell of a punch especially when you got McCeady's perk, it was as good as any rifle at range even without a scope :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Zillah wrote: »
    Are you aiming for the head? Are you sneak attacking where possible? Are you using the right weapons for the right range? Are you firing in controlled bursts rather than spraying?

Cos unless something weird is going on you just sound bad :/

Yeah, I'm aiming the gun and firing it so it hits the enemies with it's bullets, I managed to work that part out.

I haven't spec'd my character for Stealth, tried to go with stuff that would help my VATs and Crit hits.

I'm just having to use (say for example) 150 bullets to kill enemies who then drop ~70 bullets (including whatever is looted from boxes etc), so I spend all my time changing weapons for whatever has ammo left.

I had a look online and it seems I'm really not the only person with this issue. It seems fairly prevalent, and tbh I had the same issue with Fallout 3.

I'm just spending all my Bottle Caps buying cheap ammo now at this rate.

I get I'm meant to scavenge for Ammo for I can't even go into a building or area without 6 Super Mutants bombarding me with Dogs and Suiciders.

I'm up to about level 17 or so but can't be f**ked even trying about 2/3rds of my available missions as there are just too many enemies around the objective for me to not run out of ammo.

Gotten to the stage where I just crouch behind a wall and wait till Paladin Dance has cleared out the area at this stage.

When I have ammo for my Righteous Laser Rifle, the game is great, when I'm stuck messing about changing pistol and SMG types just to find one with available ammo, it really ain't so great.

Advertisement