Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I just never buy weapons or armor. I just scavenge and upgrade. In fact I have been using the same core 5/6 weapons almost since the beginning, just upgrading them as I go.

Am I missing out on a lot by not even bothering to look at what merchants sell (other than ammo, when I need it)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Noopti wrote: »
    I just never buy weapons or armor. I just scavenge and upgrade. In fact I have been using the same core 5/6 weapons almost since the beginning, just upgrading them as I go.

Am I missing out on a lot by not even bothering to look at what merchants sell (other than ammo, when I need it)?

Ive noticed some merchants having legendary weapons and armour. Or at least the traveling type does. Wasnt able to afford it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

none of the (vault-tec)vaults were actually normal - ye find that out in the original 1997 game :) They all had some kind of social experiment going on when they were activated.
    Officially, the vaults were nuclear shelters designed to protect the American population from nuclear holocaust. However, with a population of almost 400 million by 2077, the U.S. would need nearly 400,000 vaults the size of Vault 13, while Vault-Tec was commissioned to build only 122 such vaults. The government, and Vault-Tec, never really believed an actual nuclear war would occur; the real reason for the existence of these vaults was to run social experiments on pre-selected segments of the population to see how they react to the stresses of isolation and how successfully they recolonize Earth after the vault opens.

The Enclave, responsible for the experiment (officially known as the "Societal Preservation Program"), considered themselves prime candidates for recolonizing the world after a nuclear holocaust and to this end commissioned the construction of their own shelters, isolated from the vault network. The purpose of the vault experiments was to help prepare the Enclave for either re-colonizing Earth or colonizing another planet if Earth turned out to be uninhabitable.

fallout wiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Vault 68 and 69 seem the most fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

McCready's perk is so overpowered. Guaranteed headshots in VATS.

Handy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Do enemies have levels? Or is all that effects my damage the Weapons/Mods/Perks I use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

J. Marston wrote: »
    McCready's perk is so overpowered. Guaranteed headshots in VATS.

Handy though.

I just finished his quest last night but haven't gotten the perk yet

Looking forward to it - The percentage chance for headshots feels like it's lower than in FO3. I guess to make people mix it up a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Cormac... wrote: »
    Do enemies have levels? Or is all that effects my damage the Weapons/Mods/Perks I use?
    They do have levels, their level depends on where you are. In general the east and south edges of the map have the highest level enemies and the northwest, where you start, has the lowest. If there's a skull next to their name they're a much higher level than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Evade wrote: »
    They do have levels, their level depends on where you are. In general the east and south edges of the map have the highest level enemies and the northwest, where you start, has the lowest. If there's a skull next to their name they're a much higher level than you.

Like you said: http://i.imgur.com/zQWyWlq.jpg?1

Then there's that 1 perk that shows you enemies level in VATS

Cormac... wrote: »
    Woah-woah-woooah

BUY guns?

I'm not quite there yet ;_;

But yes, I'll go in there so, get me some Experience if nothing else

If you haven't already, talk to the trader 'Cricket' (she's deadly!) in bunker hill, if you do some of the quests there it unlocks a trader stall in your resources that ye can build in any of your settlements and she shows up from time to time with the other bunker hill traders like Carla and yer man the baldy armour guy, and that dodgy doctor..

Anyway, she sells a whopper legendary submachine gun 'Spray N Pray' if ye have the caps for it, it's reasonably cheap too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Where do you meet this McCready fella? Is it something you have to go out of the way for? Probably best spoiler any answers for the sensitive types :pac:

Where do you meet this McCready fella? Is it something you have to go out of the way for? Probably best spoiler any answers for the sensitive types :pac:
    He's in the bar in Goodneighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

In Goodneighbour in the bar/subway station,
    or just play Fallout 3 ¬_¬...

Thanks lads. Is he in F3? I must investigate this, I don't recall!

Thanks lads. Is he in F3? I must investigate this, I don't recall!
    He's Mayor MacCready of Little Lamplight, the town populated only by kids.

Ha, I never would have copped that even if I had met him. Have been to that spot, but haven't investigated properly yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hory shet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I dont think I can finish the game at this current moment.

I cant talk with a few of the Brotherhood NPC's (they just wont respond to anything I do), and I
    scrapped the dish you have to build for the teleporter
    & i cant see it in the workbench anywhere to rebuild it. I didnt have any problems with bugs at the start but right now its rendering my playthrough unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

miralize wrote: »
    I dont think I can finish the game at this current moment.

I cant talk with a few of the Brotherhood NPC's (they just wont respond to anything I do), and I
    scrapped the dish you have to build for the teleporter
    & i cant see it in the workbench anywhere to rebuild it. I didnt have any problems with bugs at the start but right now its rendering my playthrough unplayable.

No earlier saves ?
    If you're on PC you can spawn the item I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

After reading that, I went and told him to follow me, only had him on 1 quest with me before finding someone new so left him out. Man, he has some brilliant lines and already made reference to DC. About 20 minutes into wandering around, he has given me his personal quest so will do that but he dislikes most things I do so will need to check what he likes. What's his special perk he gives you? Headshot acc in VATS? At the moment, I don't even go for the head as my scoped rifle couldn't hit a super mutant melon head 2 feet in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I put Preston in Raider power amour and he kicked ass all day long!!!

Poor dogmeat is good, but having someone to chat with is better. 20 hours with Dogmeat was enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I want Nick back as my partner but he seems to have disappeared afetr saying he was going back to the Detective Agency when I started the attack on the Castle, anyone know where he's gone? He's not in his office and days have passed...

Suppose I can console teleport him again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

allibastor wrote: »
    Poor dogmeat is good, but having someone to chat with is better. 20 hours with Dogmeat was enough!

I don't know why anyone would bother with Dogmeat. He can be useful in early game and for finding stuff
    (like the Cryolator)
    but having to stimpak a dog breaks the immersion for me and if you're going toe to toe with groups of heavily armed gunners or super mutants you're going to be doing that a lot.

Cait is brilliant, she
    can get the Cryolater for ye too

And she likes when you lockpick stuff and get stoned off your face on psycho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I found the Vault Tec Regional HQ. Thought there would be better stuff in there like a box of Vault suits.

Just found a few lunch boxes, stealth boy and terminals showing
    1 employee was very suspect of what was going on and another guy being a psycho, knowing full well what Vault Tec do, hiding it from other employees and attacking them for nothing.
    Was hoping for more background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just found a few lunch boxes, stealth boy and terminals showing
    1 employee was very suspect of what was going on and another guy being a psycho, knowing full well what Vault Tec do, hiding it from other employees and attacking them for nothing.
    Was hoping for more background.

Had a similar experience in
    Wilson Automatoys Corporate HQ
    . Lots of terminals with some nice flavour material that seemed to tell a story but with no background context and no outcome. Seems half-finished.

There's a mission to go there at some point, that might be what's missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I'm still new to Fallout 4, I've dismissed DogMeat because I have someone else with me, but I left some items on DogMeat and can't find him now...
    Any ideas how to locate him?

check the kennels in sanctuary hills - there are three of them i think, ye can force him to use just one if you demolish the others, or there's a console command to port to him, or him to you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'm still new to Fallout 4, I've dismissed DogMeat because I have someone else with me, but I left some items on DogMeat and can't find him now...
    Any ideas how to locate him?

He might just be arsing about in Sanctuary in one of the dog houses there.

Advertisement