Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I'm still new to Fallout 4, I've dismissed DogMeat because I have someone else with me, but I left some items on DogMeat and can't find him now...
    Any ideas how to locate him?

I've lost him too, haven't been able to find him for 30 out of my 40 hour play time. I much prefer wandering around on my own, companions add something but I spend more time getting annoyed with them alerting folks when I'm finding a nice perch to take them out without being seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

So this happened..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Try scrapping all the dog houses in sanctuary, then building just 1. Check back in a while, dogmeat should be there, the little bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

SeantheMan wrote: »
    No earlier saves ?
    If you're on PC you can spawn the item I'm sure.

Playing on Xbox and its been a while since I did that. Up about 4-5 levels and completed a whole lot of grindy missions. Should I get in touch wth Bethesda support?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

So this happened..

lol why are you still using a double barreled shotgun? No skull on an Alpha Deathclaw so you can't be low level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Got fallout yesterday, said I'd jump on for 20 mins to create the character and get a feel for it... 2 hours later I was out of the vault, had met the dog and was on my way to that first town.

Goodbye social life

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I was busy with sorting out the power supply in Sanctuary. Shocking stuff.

Zillah wrote: »
    lol why are you still using a double barreled shotgun? No skull on an Alpha Deathclaw so you can't be low level.

Because it's awesome :pac:

i could give you the entire story behind that scene if you'd like?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Because it's awesome :pac:

i could give you the entire story behind that scene if you'd like?

I love my Double Barrell Shotty but had to put it away as my Combat shotgun was just way more effective.

there's a certain and specific satisfaction of blowing away a ghoul with a doublebarrel, and reloading it (even if ye dont need to) the way it does just to blow another one away though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why/where are there 4 different Protectrons standing in a small room like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I love my Double Barrell Shotty but had to put it away as my Combat shotgun was just way more effective.

Double shotgun is awesome in this game. My has 145 damage
    using it vats is great for face exploding

Thargor wrote: »
    Why/where are there 4 different Protectrons standing in a small room like that?

They were display models - when i activated them, they were on their way to that podium thing..
    The town was infested with ghouls at the time i came across it - iirc it's down south somewhere and i cant for the life of me remember where (only had 5 minutes of shadowplay saved and didnt use the map at all in that time) It's fairly unique, wood cabin town with a pond in the middle, there's an island with a big tree in the middle of the pond too, and did i mention the ghouls? There's loads of ghouls there :)

allibastor wrote: »
    Double shotgun is awesome in this game. My has 145 damage
    using it vats is great for face exploding

My combat shotgun does something like 120 damage and has 32 shells in the drum. You literally have to reload sixteen times as often as I do.

I get the aesthetics of a double barrel but my God, the reloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Zillah wrote: »
    My combat shotgun does something like 120 damage and has 32 shells in the drum. You literally have to reload sixteen times as often as I do.

I get the aesthetics of a double barrel but my God, the reloading.

But the aesthetics of the gun!!!!

Its more fun to play deer hunter!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

yn7J1Lk.jpg

anyone else been to the Pickman gallery?

anyone else been to the Pickman gallery?
    Thanks, Killer <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I've seen people mentioning choosing between factions.

I've just got a mission to
    clear out a Co-Op - Sunshine Tidings I think?
    . The only thing is both
    the Minute Men and the Railroad chaps
    want me to do it. Do I get a choice as to which one I do it for? I'll probably choose the first lot as I lied when I joined
    the Railroad about being willing to die for a Synth, I just wanted to see what they'd say. Screw Synths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Is it pretty obvious when you have to choose one faction over another? Im just helping everyone at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thargor wrote: »
    yn7J1Lk.jpg

Thats actually is Brotherhood Of steel in a nutshell in F4.

• Thargor wrote: »
    yn7J1Lk.jpg

We're are getting all this fallout 4 gold!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I just got a Fat Man! Delighted! Also on the mission
    where you have to fight Kellog, he didn't last long thanks to Spray And Pray, what a great gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

The weirdest thing about the BoS in this game is
    they're anti-technology. Usually they're just against anyone else controlling advanced technology.

I dont think they are, they see synths as an abuse of technology (I dont think they hate individual synths moreso the creators), the same type of abuse saw the world burn in nuclear fire according to their philosophy. Actually, Paladin Danse explains it really well when you do your first mission with him.

I've always seen them as having a long term goal of preserving humanity through superior firepower/technology - they are the remnants of the US military after all, and considering they are probably the most well armed, and organised people in the wastelands i've always seen them as the best bet to achieve that goal. Even if they are douches.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I've seen people mentioning choosing between factions.

I've just got a mission to
    clear out a Co-Op - Sunshine Tidings I think?
    . The only thing is both
    the Minute Men and the Railroad chaps
    want me to do it. Do I get a choice as to which one I do it for? I'll probably choose the first lot as I lied when I joined
    the Railroad about being willing to die for a Synth, I just wanted to see what they'd say. Screw Synths!

Pro Tip:

Main Missions have a moving picture in the PIPBOY, the End game will force you pick a side to get your "ending"
    Secondary have a picture, usually linked to companions and or places they come from. Doesnt advance the story, gets you facebook likes with a companion.
    Fetch quests and clear out quests have nothing and do not advance the story in any way.

Avoid the moving missions and you will not pick a side until you are ready to. So you can avoid the entire main story quite easily. When it gets close the game will tell you to make a Save as its point of no return with some factions.

Mission above is a fetch quest are they are basically unlimited I did around 300 or so for all factions. Started to avoid the Minuteman lad when I hit 50 or so clear outs....place under attack....kidnapping...oh fcuk off yah useless cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

That Abernathy girl keeps on getting kidnapped. They should handcuff her to the safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

I get the reason they give in this game but it seems to go against their general philosophy. This chapter used one of the most dangerous pieces of technology every created in the Fallout universe, the FEV, to clean water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Does karma feature in the game? I've been a good boy so far. I'd like to become a tiny bit infamous though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Does karma feature in the game? I've been a good boy so far. I'd like to become a tiny bit infamous though.
    Only thing I've noticed is how followers react.
    Preston and Codsworth like when you build stuff and Piper likes when you help people and resolve conflicts without violence.

Outside of that I haven't noticed any kind of system for checking your alignment so I assume there is none.

Advertisement