Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Does karma feature in the game? I've been a good boy so far. I'd like to become a tiny bit infamous though.

Good point!

That was a huge feature of 3 wasnt it?

Conpletely gone, I liked that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I might start acting the bollocks so. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Doest seem to make a difference, being a dick on my second play through but your just a good guy who's sarcastic blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Am I a bad daddy if I don't care where Shaun is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fock Shaun, he's a pr1ck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Spent 98 hours on the game so far and completed 55 quests. Should break the 100 hour mark today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

With people talking about stories, did anyone else come across the one from the 'sewer' (Fens) just outside of Diamond City I think it was....where you can find 4 holotapes (labelled 'Dear Detective').
    It was really intriguing and seemed like a decent narrative and then nothing......or did I miss something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I've been playing for about 40 hours and I'm already at "The nuclear option" mission. I think I cut out a lot of side quests so I decided to go back and start a few. Did the silver shroud quests and travis quest. Will then move on to the detective cases and keep doing minutemen and rail road radiants. I've completely lost all of the brotherhood missions. Once I completed "Defend the castle" they automatically failed.

When I go to the brotherhood they literally give me the cold shoulder. Won't reply to me and keep turning their backs. I also managed to get banished by the institute early for
    Shooting Shaun

I think there's whole areas of the map I haven't been to.

Came across an alpha legendary deathclaw and noped the f*ck away.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    With people talking about stories, did anyone else come across the one from the 'sewer' (Fens) just outside of Diamond City I think it was....where you can find 4 holotapes (labelled 'Dear Detective').
    It was really intriguing and seemed like a decent narrative and then nothing......or did I miss something ?

Yeah it's part of
    Nicks story, if you are pals with him
    . There is a whole quest involving those tapes

• Advertisement

Came across an alpha legendary deathclaw and noped the f*ck away.

Came across two recently and luckily enough I was in an untouchable sniping spot so they got smoked (after about 20 mins of pop shots :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    We're are getting all this fallout 4 gold!!?
    Reddit!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Came across two recently and luckily enough I was in an untouchable sniping spot so they got smoked (after about 20 mins of pop shots :D)

This reminds me of Quarry Junction in New Vegas. Boone and I spent many an hour sitting on ledges sniping Deathclaws. best part of that game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Good point!

That was a huge feature of 3 wasnt it?

Conpletely gone, I liked that.

Huge feature of all the games, just not F4 sadly :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm tearing up the Commonwealth with my lesbian lover, Cait, drinking Gwinnett Pale Ale, inhaling Jet and shooting up Psycho every night.

Shaun can go shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

KeithTS wrote: »
    This reminds me of Quarry Junction in New Vegas. Boone and I spent many an hour sitting on ledges sniping Deathclaws. best part of that game imo

That brings back memories. Mostly bad ones though.

On a related note, Quarry Junction brings up an important question for me. The deeper I get into Fallout 4 the more I ask myself, why has so much content been cut from Fallout 4?

We've had the introduction of some really crude early game weapons like the pipe pistol but yet the tin grenade from New Vegas is missing which would seem to have fit the homemade idea perfectly.

We had dynamite in New Vegas but despite the fact you have Quincy Quarries and Thicket Excavations and Dunwich Borers there's none to be had in FO4.

I know there are some weapons which had unique backstories and wouldn't be reappearing (Auto Axe, Holorifle, Proton Axe, LAER, Cyberdog Gun etc.) but shouldn't there at least be Tesla Cannons, Chinese Assault Rifles, Chinese Stealth Armor, Repeater Rifles, Grenade Launchers, Gas bombs etc.

It seems, for the most part like the team who developed FO4 were completely oblivious to New Vegas' existence. It almost seems like a continuation of FO3 which is odd given how much of a rush job it appears to be.

Does anyone have any idea why Bethesda chose to hamstring FO4 content-wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    That brings back memories. Mostly bad ones though.

On a related note, Quarry Junction brings up an important question for me. The deeper I get into Fallout 4 the more I ask myself, why has so much content been cut from Fallout 4?

We've had the introduction of some really crude early game weapons like the pipe pistol but yet the tin grenade from New Vegas is missing which would seem to have fit the homemade idea perfectly.

We had dynamite in New Vegas but despite the fact you have Quincy Quarries and Thicket Excavations and Dunwich Borers there's none to be had in FO4.

I know there are some weapons which had unique backstories and wouldn't be reappearing (Auto Axe, Holorifle, Proton Axe, LAER, Cyberdog Gun etc.) but shouldn't there at least be Tesla Cannons, Chinese Assault Rifles, Chinese Stealth Armor, Repeater Rifles, Grenade Launchers, Gas bombs etc.

It seems, for the most part like the team who developed FO4 were completely oblivious to New Vegas' existence. It almost seems like a continuation of FO3 which is odd given how much of a rush job it appears to be.

Does anyone have any idea why Bethesda chose to hamstring FO4 content-wise?

Season pass and downloadable content €€€€€€€€

I'd say it could be more to do with new vegas being obsidian's baby too, and obsidian being the company which evolved from interplay and black isle, the devs of the original fallout games - Bethesda wanted to go their own way with the franchise it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I'd say it could be more to do with new vegas being obsidian's baby too, and obsidian being the company which evolved from interplay and black isle, the devs of the original fallout games - Bethesda wanted to go their own way with the franchise it seems

I wouldn't even say that. I'd imagine they stripped back a lot of the old weapon types in favouir for adding the modding system. aLthough now there are only a cople of base weapon types, there is a lot more variation in how you use them now. Adding in 50 different weapon classes and then adding all the options for customisation just overloads the game with weapons

I do like the modding, still would have been nice to pick up an old chinese AR or noobtube too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Anyone know where I can find Danse's power armor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Anyone know where I can find Danse's power armor?
    If you want a T60 they're pretty common in the mid-game. If you want the set Danse is wearing
    You can get it during the BoS quest line more specific spoiler next.

When you're supposed to execute Danse for being a synth you can spare him and his armour will be in a rack on the Prydwyn when you go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I done the quest just cant find it on the prydwen.

I done the quest just cant find it on the prydwen.
    It can disappear if you don't get it the first time you go back. I think it's the first rack on the right, it should be the only one that doesn't count as stealing if you get in.

is that not your brotherhood armour that ye get anyway or is that the one on the left? I cant tell as i stashed mine in SHills with my 50 other suits :D

is that not your brotherhood armour that ye get anyway or is that the one on the left? I cant tell as i stashed mine in SHills with my 50 other suits :D
    Your armour rack is the first one on the left when you walk in. Danse's armour has a V in the name. Something like T60 BOS V.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just finished the main story. Utter pants.
    I especially liked how the only way to finish the game is to slaughter hundreds of well-meaning people who thought you were their friend, and then set off nuclear explosions in a populated area. Literally every ending requires this.

That was cool and reasonable and not at all the actions of an insane psychopath.

• Zillah wrote: »
    Just finished the main story. Utter pants.
    I especially liked how the only way to finish the game is to slaughter hundreds of well-meaning people who thought you were their friend, and then set off nuclear explosions in a populated area. Literally every ending requires this.

That was cool and reasonable and not at all the actions of an insane psychopath.

I disagree, I loved the ending. And was gutted at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Anoyone found the yngstang yet

• Advertisement

• J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm tearing up the Commonwealth with my lesbian lover, Cait, drinking Gwinnett Pale Ale, inhaling Jet and shooting up Psycho every night.

Shaun can go shíte.

Fallout post of the week

Advertisement