Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Zillah wrote: »
    Just finished the main story. Utter pants.
    I especially liked how the only way to finish the game is to slaughter hundreds of well-meaning people who thought you were their friend, and then set off nuclear explosions in a populated area. Literally every ending requires this.

That was cool and reasonable and not at all the actions of an insane psychopath.

Agreed.
    I went the Institute route and the ending with Shaun was completely lacking in any emotional depth. The game makes up for it in pure craic, but Bethesda have never really handled stories well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh yeah the gameplay is great, and I thought
    Father
    has a great voice actor, it's just that the general plot didn't hang together or make any sense whatsoever. I was mostly just grateful that Bethesda even had voice acting and movie-style framing for conversations at all. If it were a Bioware game you just know you'd have been able to get
    representatives from all three factions into a room together and convince them to find a compromise

But at no point were you able to really behave the way a person would. You can't
    confront Father on any of the awful things the Institute has been doing, you can't demand explanations for it, you can't insist they stop, you can't put any conditions on giving your support; you just get the pitch and decide to go 100% in their favour or murder them all - there is literally no middle ground.

Also the
    Railroad ending
    made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I am already
    the Director(!!!!) of the Institute, why on earth do we have to launch a full scale invasion and destroy the last fusion reactor on the planet? I'll order the synths to stand down, we'll call peace talks with the Railroad, we'll emancipate the 3rd gens, we'll pledge to support the Minutemen, we'll renounce the whole murder/kidnap/human experimentation thing....none of the slaughter and nuclear devastation you're forced to enact was necessary at all.

It's just such lazy writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Also
    take this little synth boy.....you can pretend he is your son or something...maybe....here.....because you looked so hard for 'little' Shaun....this is the next best thing right ?.....YAY....you kinda found/have your son...I guess ?.

Which you then reply with No, he's not my son or,.....yeah..sure....Send him to Sanctuary because I have no interest

You also can't ask
    Shaun why the fudge he made a child version of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    t,.....yeah..sure....Send him to Sanctuary because I have no interest

Depends on his combat stats :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I've only just noticed that Diamond City is decked out with Christmas decorations!! Brilliant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I've only just noticed that Diamond City is decked out with Christmas decorations!! Brilliant. :D

I noticed that too. I took a snap of a Christmas tree that is on top of a building.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I only realised it was a baseball park 50 hours into the game after I seen the shape of it when I fast travelled there.
    Then my US friend was explaining to me about the Big Green Wall (Green Monster) (there is a quest to repaint it) and how it actually IS the biggest wall in any baseball stadium in the US and that's what they refer to it as. It was only after that that a lot of stuff clicked...
    Like why there is a guy who LOVES baseball collectibles, why the house you can buy is called home plate etc

It was the most obvious thing I've ever missed in a game probably

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That's awesome.

I also noticed that they added like 5/6 songs on the radio?

Like ninja edit updates? I dont recall installing an update file.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I only realised it was a baseball park 50 hours into the game after I seen the shape of it when I fast travelled there.
    Then my US friend was explaining to me about the Big Green Wall (Green Monster) (there is a quest to repaint it) and how it actually IS the biggest wall in any baseball stadium in the US and that's what they refer to it as. It was only after that that a lot of stuff clicked...
    Like why there is a guy who LOVES baseball collectibles, why the house you can buy is called home plate etc

It was the most obvious thing I've ever missed in a game probably

Fenway park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Fenway park!

Diamond city is itself also a baseball reference. Took me a while as well though, the quest to find kellog in fact where you have to go into the stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

BKtje wrote: »
    Diamond city is itself also a baseball reference. Took me a while as well though, the quest to find kellog in fact where you have to go into the stands.

Diamond City security's armour is a catcher's padding + helmet with a bit of wasteland modification.

You're told outright it's a baseball stadium if you talk with the guy selling the baseball bats:
    He tells you baseball was a sport where people ran around beating each other to death with "swatters."
    Go talk to him, it's funny.

JustShon wrote: »
    Diamond City security's armour is a catcher's padding + helmet with a bit of wasteland modification.

You're told outright it's a baseball stadium if you talk with the guy selling the baseball bats:
    He tells you baseball was a sport where people ran around beating each other to death with "swatters."
    Go talk to him, it's funny.

Loved when you complete his quest and he tells you
    the rules: See those numbers on the back of the jerseys? That represented how many people you smashed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Loved when you complete his quest and he tells you
    the rules: See those numbers on the back of the jerseys? That represented how many people you smashed. :D

I'd so pay for DLC where you get to play this dude's version of baseball in-game.

Came across two recently and luckily enough I was in an untouchable sniping spot so they got smoked (after about 20 mins of pop shots :D)

There's a mission somewhere (trying to remain as spoilerfree as possible, even though it is only a small side mission)
    Devil's Due in Salem
    . The one I got was a Sinister Deathclaw (I just found out that the level of deathclaw you get depends on your level at the time). I had 5 Synths, Nick armed with a friggin Fatboy and me with a missile launcher. And I still died a load of times. It was a complete fluke that it even died, because it was the Lone Wanderer that ended up saving me.

• Next on the checklist:

Find all the vaults
    Complete the side quests I haven't done and find more!
    Find the railway rifle
    Find all the bobbleheads
    Beast out my character to the max!

Was looking for a map that would indicate where all the quests are located but no joy :(

Also there doesn't seem to be a explorer perk anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Also there doesn't seem to be a explorer perk anymore :(

Seriously? Ugh! Is there not a perk that is slightly equivalent?

I was just thinking about the end of the game -
    By siding with the Institute, what really disappointed me was the fact there was no big battle between Arthur Maxson (and I seriously had to Google his name, because I totally forgot -- shows how little impact it had on me!) and my character. Instead, he arrives in person (outside of the vertibird) towards the end of the synth uploading the virus and gets destroyed almost immediately by Liberty Prime. Not to mention that the last fight was also pretty easy in general - all I needed to be was well placed, and then sent in a tonne of synths, had my companion with a good gun, and then just sent in smartly placed artillery fire, which seemed to come in from The Prydwen itself!, and then just sat back and watch as everyone else did the carnage for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Seriously? Ugh! Is there not a perk that is slightly equivalent?
    tmm 1,0,1

Adds all map markers as undiscovered without fast travel.

SOURCE

• tmm 1,0,1

SOURCE

I'm on xbox :(

• Advertisement

I never once wore power armour through my gameplay. Now give absolutely every fusion core I find to Nick, who has a Laser Gatling, and, wow, he can absolutely destroy so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I never once wore power armour through my gameplay. Now give absolutely every fusion core I find to Nick, who has a Laser Gatling, and, wow, he can absolutely destroy so many.

Haven't found one of those yet - they're powered by Fusion Cores? They were fusion cells that powered them, weren't they?

I haven't reached the institute yet. I'm kind of excited to find out can you buzz around while there and buy stuff. And whether it's end-game territory when you do get there, as in all guns blazing and kill everyone.

They can be powered by fusion cores .. not sure of the number, but they do essentially carry a cell charge too. There's a load of gunners at the top of a high place. Just put Nick on to the lift with his gatling, pushed the button, and he took out half of them when he got up there.

I just went to check and 1 fusion core has 100 charge. And at last check, Nick is carrying 31 of them. I would assume that's why the cores display under ammo.

As far as I can tell you get 500 shots from a Gatling Laser per fusion core.

I thought power armor was the most enjoyable thing about the game. Great fun stomping around beating people to death with a hammer while they ineffectually toss molotov cocktails into your face.

Zillah wrote: »
    As far as I can tell you get 500 shots from a Gatling Laser per fusion core.

I thought power armor was the most enjoyable thing about the game. Great fun stomping around beating people to death with a hammer while they ineffectually toss molotov cocktails into your face.

500 shots? Ah, that's a lot more than I had thought. Ha, if so, that means Nick has about 15,000 shots. Nice.

I guess the 100 was to show the percentage of charge left as opposed to number of shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Do your companions pick up loot and stuff that you don't bother with?
    I'm sure I checked what McCready had on him when he started with me and an hour or so down the line he had an ass load of stuff.

I guess the 100 was to show the percentage of charge left as opposed to number of shots.

When you equip the Gatling Laser it shows 500 ammo for the current "clip" and then how many cores you have below it.

So I completed the game yesterday (BOS). Level 47. My save says a playtime of 4 days, 8 hours.

Not sure what there is to do now other than roam around. Im doing Prestons Minutemen quests but they just seem endless?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Not sure what there is to do now other than roam around. Im doing Prestons Minutemen quests but they just seem endless?

I do notice Prestons quests go on and on. Anytime I finish one of his quests and report back to him, he has a new one. I avoid him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

So I completed the game yesterday (BOS). Level 47. My save says a playtime of 4 days, 8 hours.

explore :)

Advertisement