Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I do notice Prestons quests go on and on. Anytime I finish one of his quests and report back to him, he has a new one. I avoid him now.

The "Cleansing the Commonwealth" and "Quatermastery" quests from the Brotherhood of Steel police station are the same.... I thing it's an endless loop of quests.
    Can anyone confirm if they end?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

explore :)

Yeah, guess ill try find the remaining vaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

yeah they keep going forever. I have 60 something quests done for BOS. Finished the main quest for everyone except the underground, that mission wont start for some reason.
    I guess i'll just explore now might even start again as melee focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Every faction has endlessly generated missions which are essentially the most recent iteration of the Radiant quest malarkey that we got in Oblivion. Go to INSERT LOCATION and kill INSERT ENEMY, return for reward.

I thought it was very stupid to have Preston resort to these almost immediately so early in the game. Really ruined it for a lot of people, a friend of mine thought the game was boring as hell until he realised the Minutemen were never going to be satisfied and went off and did other things.

At least in Oblivion it was obvious when the missions were endlessly generating and only happened after you finished the main story branch for each guild.

The Minutemen missions never end? Well, I'm going to stop doing them.

What they should have done is adapt what Mass Effect 3 did and have the people siding with you actually matter to the end mission. It would have been great if you had completed loads of Minutemen missions and established colonies/settlers joining your colony and they came to help you.

• Advertisement

The Minutemen missions never end? Well, I'm going to stop doing them.

What they should have done is adapt what Mass Effect 3 did and have the people siding with you actually matter to the end mission. It would have been great if you had completed loads of Minutemen missions and established colonies/settlers joining your colony and they came to help you.

Comparing Bioware to Bethesda is actually a really effective way of exposing the things that the latter have a tendency to phone in.

Vault 81 was kinda cool.

Game is getting a bit boring now though.
    Ultimately, I still have fonder memories of Fallout 3. Hard to top that though to be fair.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Vault 81 was kinda cool.

Game is getting a bit boring now though.
    Ultimately, I still have fonder memories of Fallout 3. Hard to top that though to be fair.

That's pretty much it now. What I'm doing right now is just walking around and exploring, discovering some interesting places (
    the destroyed skyscraper was pretty cool
    ) and fun side missions, but I'm not entirely sure what else to do now and I'm getting a bit fatigued by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Close enough to my reaction as well

12310561_1097588623598347_9081936087342817567_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=3f50dfdb9a89eaf8bb0387760ea6940e&oe=571E93F0

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

The BOS have some horrendous pilots in their ranks, the amount of vertibirds I've seen crash is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The BOS have some horrendous pilots in their ranks, the amount of vertibirds I've seen crash is unreal.

What's that? A clearly obvious building with no relevant hostiles that is not in our flight path?

**** it, let's check that out... closer, closer... *blammo*

Twats.
    Zillah wrote: »
    I thought it was very stupid to have Preston resort to these almost immediately so early in the game. Really ruined it for a lot of people, a friend of mine thought the game was boring as hell until he realised the Minutemen were never going to be satisfied and went off and did other things.

Honestly, it was pretty obvious here which quests were radiant filler and which weren't.

Your friend sounds ... inexperienced. To be kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Double post. Delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

In fairness though, at the start you assume that the more settlements you have the better...because it 'might' contribute to some factor, like the more you have the more minutemen to assist in attacking a base or something. That a certain number of settlements might be necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

SeantheMan wrote: »
    In fairness though, at the start you assume that the more settlements you have the better...because it 'might' contribute to some factor, like the more you have the more minutemen to assist in attacking a base or something. That a certain number of settlements might be necessary.

That's what I taught but it's just a pain, the only ones I use are the castle, SH, hangman's alley which I build upwards and is my favorite & starlight drive in, the rest are terrible and get neglected. Might build up the red rocket though but it's just to close to SH for me to care.

... why don't the minutemen just go into Vault 81?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Slog is a nice settlement. Swimming pool and a largely intact building beside it.

... why don't the minutemen just go into Vault 81?

Because the entire point of their existence is to defend settlers against anyone that would threaten them?

Also, Vaults are small. You won't fit the population of the Commonwealth in there, nor would they let you try, nor would you convince many people to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Slog is a nice settlement. Swimming pool and a largely intact building beside it.

I forgot about that place. Might head over there later for a swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

is tarberry actually of any use?

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I forgot about that place. Might head over there later for a swim.

I wired it for electricity last night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is there any programmes broadcast on TV at all? I recently installed one in Sanctuary for Mama Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Quick question lads,

I'm unable to send any more settlers to Sanctuary. When I trying to give the order to move to Sanctuary it'd blacked out.

Currently all the ratings in Sanctuary are green and happiness is rising. Have a total of 16 people.

Would it be my charisma???

is tarberry actually of any use?

Used in some drug concoctions from what I remember.
    Quick question lads,

I'm unable to send any more settlers to Sanctuary. When I trying to give the order to move to Sanctuary it'd blacked out.

Currently all the ratings in Sanctuary are green and happiness is rising. Have a total of 16 people.

Would it be my charisma???

10+charisma is maximum settler count.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Anybody feel like posting up their characters in their armours? (Non power)
    Is there any combos that actually look in anyway cool?... I'm not happy with my "look" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Am i the only one not using power armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I only used it for the glowing sea. Its too fragile and costs a bomb to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anybody feel like posting up their characters in their armours? (Non power)
    Is there any combos that actually look in anyway cool?... I'm not happy with my "look" :pac:

Speaking of armor theres a way of modding almost any piece of clothing into armor, unfortunally you have to be lvl 39 to use it. Its really not explained at all in the game. http://ie.ign.com/videos/2015/12/02/get-the-best-armor-in-fallout-4-without-cheating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

I'm not either, even for the glowing sea. I don't see the appeal unless you're playing on a harder difficulty. I assume most stealthy players don't use it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I came across an area with super mutants so went back and took it with me because i was low level. So including the mission you get it we have 2 times.

I dont want to waste fusion cores so save it for situations like that.

• Advertisement

I used all the time cos I thought I would need it, but you dont really.

Its pretty awesome with the Jet Pack though!

Advertisement