Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Use it constantly simply because I can fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Anyone deal with settlement infiltration yet?
    I arrived at my settlement last night to a situation where I had to free or kill a woman who was being accused of being a synth. I found out she wasn't a synth so I let her go. I arrived back today and it seems someone has killed her. I wonder is it a bug or was she killed by the real synth?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm not either, even for the Glowing Sea. I don't see the appeal unless you're playing on a harder difficulty. I assume most stealthy players don't use it either.

You must have had Rad-X and Rad-Away aplenty for your trip to the glowing sea.

I wouldn't have lasted very long at Glowing Sea without power armour.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    You must have had Rad-X and Rad-Away aplenty for your trip to the glowing sea.

I wouldn't have lasted very long at Glowing Sea without power armour.

Hazmat suit did the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

problem with wearing the hazmat suit going to glowing sea is the amount of deathclaw's there.

I crossed it earlier, and killed 8 of them.

Wore the suit, as it allows you to take a real beating. Without it, the deathclaw kills me in 2 hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Speaking of armor theres a way of modding almost any piece of clothing into armor, unfortunally you have to be lvl 39 to use it. Its really not explained at all in the game. http://ie.ign.com/videos/2015/12/02/get-the-best-armor-in-fallout-4-without-cheating

Oh for God's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

When do you actually have to choose a faction? I'm in the institute now and
    I've a job for 'Father' which involves getting a synth back to the institute but i've an option to tell the Railroad and BoS. If I don't tell them about it, do I risk pissing them off?
    . I haven't decided yet which faction I'll choose and would like to go as far as possible without doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

problem with wearing the hazmat suit going to glowing sea is the amount of deathclaw's there.

I crossed it earlier, and killed 8 of them.

Wore the suit, as it allows you to take a real beating. Without it, the deathclaw kills me in 2 hits.

I must be well over levelled .... I went to the glowing sea last night and when I encountered a death claw, I 2 shotted him in the belly with my combat shotty... Done and dusted.... I remember the first glowing One 'feral ghoul' at an army barracks taking about 5/6 deaths to get by.

I must be playing wrong, because I'm level 30 something and still run a mile when I see a Deathclaw. You killed 8 in the Glowing Sea alone? What weapons are you using?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

using a sledge hammer with the armor suit.
    Taking like 1/20th damage when he hits me.

When I hit him, (regular attack, not power attack) I take 1/3rd of his health.
    I was level 27 crossing the area.

• Advertisement

The Power Armour? I should really start using some.

I put a bayonet on a missile launcher. Pretty pointless, really, but looks bad ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I've a job for 'Father' which involves getting a synth back to the institute but i've an option to tell the Railroad and BoS. If I don't tell them about it, do I risk pissing them off?
    . I haven't decided yet which faction I'll choose and would like to go as far as possible without doing so.

Would like to know this too, I'm at the same point as you. Having FO4 withdrawal this weekend, damn real life :D

The game will specifically warn you when you're about to become an enemy of one of the factions. I sided with the
    Railroad
    and didn't even get the option to warn them about the
    Libertalia synth
    mission. No one cared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The Overseer's Guardian is the new Lincoln's Repeater

The game becomes seriously easy once you get this. I have all the high damage parts crafted on it with the Rifleman perk maxed out too and one or two points into bloody mess.

198 damage per shot then with the weapon's additional projectile perk thats 396 per shot

I have it with a suppressor too for sneak double damage so once I can get the drop on someone that's 792 damage on the first shot :eek:

If you continue you join the institute as far as I know. Institutionalized is the only one you can do without joining them. I nearly joined by accident last night, I got no warnings either. If you don't join them whoever you ask to help will be the side you've picked for the ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Im at the part where the Prydwen arrives. Is that always after you
    kill Kellogg
    ? I had the mission where you are trying to find the previous recon team so wondering how it would have went if I finished the BoS missions before working on the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Im at the part where the Prydwen arrives. Is that always after you
    kill Kellogg
    ? I had the mission where you are trying to find the previous recon team so wondering how it would have went if I finished the BoS missions before working on the main story.

there's no continuation after that specific quest - it gets the odd NPC mention here and there if you go with the BoS but other than XP you're not missing out on much

Has there been any announcement on whether there'd be any DLC for this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There will be DLC but they haven't announced what will be in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You can buy season pass since day 1.

"Bethesda says the first expansion "will be worth at least $40," but if you pay for the $30 Season Pass you'll get all of that and every other forthcoming update for "Fallout 4."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Completed every mission left available to me. Only one I have is to collect technical documents.

��

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Completed every mission left available to me. Only one I have is to collect technical documents.

��

That one's a never ending one I think. You'll randomly find technical documents out exploring and each one you bring back will give you more xp each time. It's for BOS.

There's no point in collecting the documents if
    you sided with the institute and destroyed the BOS
    , right?

I'd be very wary purchasing any season pass for in the blind, without actually knowing what there might be. I mean, we might end up with a load of Mothership Zeta.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If they're anything to go by, at least one will be atrocious and the rest will be decent

MSZeta, deadmoney, Hearthfire..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

x43r0 wrote: »
    The Overseer's Guardian is the new Lincoln's Repeater

The game becomes seriously easy once you get this. I have all the high damage parts crafted on it with the Rifleman perk maxed out too and one or two points into bloody mess.

198 damage per shot then with the weapon's additional projectile perk thats 396 per shot

I have it with a suppressor too for sneak double damage so once I can get the drop on someone that's 792 damage on the first shot :eek:

I saw a discussion somewhere that said the second shot doesn't have skill bonuses applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

khamilto wrote: »
    I saw a discussion somewhere that said the second shot doesn't have skill bonuses applied.

Yes I think you're right

It's discussed a bit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3tg2nt/question_about_the_shoots_an_additional/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

How many settlements can you get throughout the game?

I am at like 14 now or more, it is becoming a full time job to just manage them.

Did find that cool island one, cant remember the name but it had a Mirelurk king and queen on it. Its massive too with loads of steel.

allibastor wrote: »
    How many settlements can you get throughout the game?

I am at like 14 now or more, it is becoming a full time job to just manage them.

Did find that cool island one, cant remember the name but it had a Mirelurk king and queen on it. Its massive too with loads of steel.

Stop getting new settlements immediately. The only reason I went beyond the first few was because I wanted to convert some loser's farm into an artillery base.

lol steel, so precious

I think I know the island you're on about - did the Queen arrive when you turned on a generator? That scared the absolute sh*t out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How do you kill the queens when you have no mini-nukes? They can one-shot you in power armour with the acid attack...

Advertisement