Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Thargor wrote: »
    How do you kill the queens when you have no mini-nukes? They can one-shot you in power armour with the acid attack...

Kick in the balls wont work anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Thargor wrote: »
    How do you kill the queens when you have no mini-nukes? They can one-shot you in power armour with the acid attack...

if you're talking about the one at the castle I just hid in a corner and cried for a while, snapped outof it and the boyos had her sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was taking in general, there are parts of the map I cant go because of the bitch and I really want to see whats there. Apparently she has nodules or something that you can cripple in VATS and stop her spraying acid, might save up a crit and use it with a Fat Man shot on them.

Yeah just looking at the wiki and it says shooting the spouts can disable the acide attacks. I've only come across the big one at the castle and one other whom I ran away from. The miurelurk kings are horrible too, I'd rather stumble across an auld deathclaw than those chaps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Zillah wrote: »
    Stop getting new settlements immediately. The only reason I went beyond the first few was because I wanted to convert some loser's farm into an artillery base.

lol steel, so precious

I haven't had that many issues. As long as you link them it not too much hassle. I'm not sure what causes happiness to drop though.

The multiple water purfier trick is great for free purified water. It seems way more usefull than settlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

what level are ye doing this at?

the acid does damage over time to ye, so ye need to stimpack through it if you've got low endurance or are a low level - also, missile launcher in the inside of the castle and a load of missile ammo - she's not too tough once you have a bit of range and use the castle to stop her getting in melee range

what level are ye doing this at?

the acid does damage over time to ye, so ye need to stimpack through it if you've got low endurance or are a low level - also, missile launcher in the inside of the castle and a load of missile ammo - she's not too tough once you have a bit of range and use the castle to stop her getting in melee range

I've gone through 40 hours so far and have refused to use any Stimpacks just for the fun, I've 200+ at this stage but I like struggling through until I find a random bed to sleep in. The idfea of drugging myself up to survive a mirelurk grates, I like the clean lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

x43r0 wrote: »
    The Overseer's Guardian is the new Lincoln's Repeater

The game becomes seriously easy once you get this. I have all the high damage parts crafted on it with the Rifleman perk maxed out too and one or two points into bloody mess.

198 damage per shot then with the weapon's additional projectile perk thats 396 per shot

I have it with a suppressor too for sneak double damage so once I can get the drop on someone that's 792 damage on the first shot :eek:

Couple it with max rank ninja, you will 1 shot pretty much everything in the game.

I had given Preston a minigun while he was on guard duty in Sanctuary. When he pissed off and I arrived in the castle, he was still using it. I ran around the outside walls of the castle, Preston pumped mingun rounds into the Queen for about a minute straight. Not too Shabby with 1 5mil round on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I just went:

1. Missile in the face.
    2. Duck into the castle to dodge acid and reload.
    3. Whip out 10mm pistol to dispatch hatchlings.
    4. Go to Step 1.

Only died once when I was first learning about the acid being a thing that was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've only found three decent solutions to Queens:
    - Fatman
    - Mines
    - Laser gatling gun, with decent heavy weapon perk

That last one will go right through her, though by the time I tried it I was level 45+ or something so was just messing around for a few minutes before I quit.

I'd say a fully upgraded plasma rifle or Limitless Potential with some damage perks should get through her handily enough as well.

Also dodge: the acid is fairly slow moving.

• Advertisement

• Zillah wrote: »
    I've only found three decent solutions to Queens:
    - Fatman
    - Mines
    - Laser gatling gun, with decent heavy weapon perk

That last one will go right through her, though by the time I tried it I was level 45+ or something so was just messing around for a few minutes before I quit.

I'd say a fully upgraded plasma rifle or Limitless Potential with some damage perks should get through her handily enough as well.

Also dodge: the acid is fairly slow moving.

Sneak Critical Fatman ftw

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sneak Critical Fatman ftw

Sneak critical MIRV ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

KeithTS wrote: »
    I've gone through 40 hours so far and have refused to use any Stimpacks just for the fun, I've 200+ at this stage but I like struggling through until I find a random bed to sleep in. The idfea of drugging myself up to survive a mirelurk grates, I like the clean lifestyle

lol bring loads of food so :)
    Same thing really, just fills the hp bar a bit slower

• Zillah wrote: »
    Sneak critical MIRV ftw

Touche :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

New Vegas was probably my favourite game

lol bring loads of food so :)
    Same thing really, just fills the hp bar a bit slower

Ah no food either, just a bit of RadAway or my overall health will be limited to 1 point or something. I'm not quite sure why, I think early in the game I wanted to hang onto them for good measure and I've just gotten used to not using anything to heal myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fallout 4 1.2 Update

New Features :
    - Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
    - Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)

Fixes :
    - General memory and stability improvements
    - Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
    - Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
    - Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
    - Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
    - Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
    - During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
    - Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
    - Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)

Im always spamming them and I still have about 270, good thing they don't weigh anything, unfortunately I assumed that applied to all meds and spent a long time wandering around with about 50 unnecessary weight.

My Armour is getting pretty OP now, just from a random left leg I took off a Legendary when I crouch and dont move I go all predator mode like a Stealth Boy and when my health hits 30 like in a bad fight everything permanently slows down like I took a Psycho Jet, thats gotten me out of some bad situations especially with Supermutants as you can pump headshot after headshot into them as you run around the place...

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Fallout 4 1.2 Update

New Features :
    - Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
    - Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)

Fixes :
    - General memory and stability improvements
    - Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
    - Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
    - Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
    - Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
    - Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
    - During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
    - Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
    - Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)
    Why weren't they emergency fixes weeks ago? The terminal bug used to happen with certain interactions in Skyrim ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Why weren't they emergency fixes weeks ago? The terminal bug used to happen with certain interactions in Skyrim ffs.

"- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)"

That one was in beta update for PC back 23rd November but yeah you're right.

• Advertisement

The Queen at that island scared the hell out of me because I heard it before I saw it. Turn on this generator. And then wham. Thought I was being attacked by f*cking Godzilla.

Finally started this, any decent mods out?

The fov is rather poor. If I increase it, then the pip boy is tiny. There's no middle ground unless I stick to 3rd person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Is anyone else not getting notifications when a settlement is under attack ? . Rather finding it on Misc missions . Or what keeps happening me is i didnt help and get a notification so i have to go back to a old save .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I get kinda pissed of when a settlement comes under attack and I have to 'defend them'. Defend yourselves you pricks. Do I have tk do everything for you?

I secured your hovel with walls and added several turrets and gave you expensive weapons. Fack off!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I get kinda pissed of when a settlement comes under attack and I have to 'defend them'. Defend yourselves you pricks. Do I have tk do everything for you?

I secured your hovel with walls and added several turrets and gave you expensive weapons. Fack off!

Abernethy Farm has come under attack :mad:

Finally started this, any decent mods out?

The fov is rather poor. If I increase it, then the pip boy is tiny. There's no middle ground unless I stick to 3rd person.

There are FOV fixes for the Pipboy, too. However, you can also right click on the pipboy and it brings it closer. I don't know if that's default behaviour or some side effect of the ini tweaks I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Abernethy Farm has come under attack :mad:

Their daughter keeps on getting kidnapped here. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

My compass at the bottom of the screen has been screwed up by the latest update, other than that, nothing noticeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

I think I am done.

I'm not quite sure how to explain my opinion on FO4.

It's compulsive rather than compelling.

I'll have to attack that obliquely. I enjoyed Fallout 3. It didn't pay homage to the previous games. Indeed, it learned nothing from the previous games, but it provided an enjoyable if poorly written and slightly hollow post apocalyptic exploration game.
    It wasn't amazing (despite the reviews at the time, which seemed to echo those for Oblivion), which was reflected in it's lack of lasting impact on gaming. Daggerfall is still frequently mentioned by both game journalists and gamers alike, despite being 19 years old. Similarly, Morrowind. Oh Morrowind.

New Vegas though. People who hadn't played previous Fallout games didn't seem to get New Vegas.
    It was smaller than FO3, more 'linear'. Less 'stuff' to do. They were modern gamers, who didn't understand that being able to set off in any direction is meaningless if the choice of direction has no consequences. FNV was a game about consequences. About atmosphere. About presenting a convincing enough representation of an area and societies that you could lose yourself in the character you played.

What Fallout 4 lacks is thematic constancy. Rather, Fallout 4 is a theme park. A mishmash of exciting and exhilarating rides that when taken as a whole, detracts from any of the individual.
    As a representation of post-nuclear apocalypse, it is completely and thoroughly unconvincing.

Because it's depiction of a world is unconvincing and lacks consistency, it always remains a 'game', just like a bad book is reading words on a page rather than losing yourself in an imagined world.

It is too busy. Too full. Too contradictory. There is no empty space, no flat space. No sense of distance or scale. No sense that time has passed, or that society had completely broken down and now replaced by something that would be utterly alien to the protagonist. The factions and the characters are laughably juvenile, there is no depth, subtlety or nuance to anything.

Because there is no humanity in any of the characters or story, we can't find the loss of humanity shocking.

Even that settlers aren't given random names is a testament to just how shallow Bethesda's creation is.

It is a collection of disparate compulsive systems masquerading as a world. Poorly.

I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet. I hear that it is everything FO4 isn't. I can dream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

khamilto wrote: »
    I think I am done.

I'm not quite sure how to explain my opinion on FO4.

It's compulsive rather than compelling.

I'll have to attack that obliquely. I enjoyed Fallout 3. It didn't pay homage to the previous games. Indeed, it learned nothing from the previous games, but it provided an enjoyable if poorly written and slightly hollow post apocalyptic exploration game.
    It wasn't amazing (despite the reviews at the time, which seemed to echo those for Oblivion), which was reflected in it's lack of lasting impact on gaming. Daggerfall is still frequently mentioned by both game journalists and gamers alike, despite being 19 years old. Similarly, Morrowind. Oh Morrowind.

New Vegas though. People who hadn't played previous Fallout games didn't seem to get New Vegas.
    It was smaller than FO3, more 'linear'. Less 'stuff' to do. They were modern gamers, who didn't understand that being able to set off in any direction is meaningless if the choice of direction has no consequences. FNV was a game about consequences. About atmosphere. About presenting a convincing enough representation of an area and societies that you could lose yourself in the character you played.

What Fallout 4 lacks is thematic constancy. Rather, Fallout 4 is a theme park. A mishmash of exciting and exhilarating rides that when taken as a whole, detracts from any of the individual.
    As a representation of post-nuclear apocalypse, it is completely and thoroughly unconvincing.

Because it's depiction of a world is unconvincing and lacks consistency, it always remains a 'game', just like a bad book is reading words on a page rather than losing yourself in an imagined world.

It is too busy. Too full. Too contradictory. There is no empty space, no flat space. No sense of distance or scale. No sense that time has passed, or that society had completely broken down and now replaced by something that would be utterly alien to the protagonist. The factions and the characters are laughably juvenile, there is no depth, subtlety or nuance to anything.

Because there is no humanity in any of the characters or story, we can't find the loss of humanity shocking.

Even that settlers aren't given random names is a testament to just how shallow Bethesda's creation is.

It is a collection of disparate compulsive systems masquerading as a world. Poorly.

I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet. I hear that it is everything FO4 isn't. I can dream.

As much as I'm enjoying 4, it's making me badly want to play NV again, which says a lot about what 4 is lacking.

Advertisement