Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I loved Fallout 3.
    Very dissapointed in New Vegas, didnt enjoy it.
    Find Fallout 4 pretty underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Their daughter keeps on getting kidnapped here. :mad:

Any way to turn off the town as such, you know un-do the setting and retire from the Minutemen? I am almost done with caring for em... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm at lvl50 now and about to start a new game because I think I finished the main story to early and missed out on the various faction quests

Also I put way too many points into Charisma and Luck so will go back to start from scratch with lessons learned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

As much as I'm enjoying 4, it's making me badly want to play NV again, which says a lot about what 4 is lacking.

I've only played FNV on the 360. Bought it on steam when I moved and had a place to plant my PC, but have been waiting for it to fade a bit more.

This is an excellent video on the differences between FO1/2, 3 and FNV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I cant stop, im level 60 and have everything more or less found but im drawn in by the game so much. The DLC cant come fast enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Their daughter keeps on getting kidnapped here. :mad:

Only one thats gotten attacked for me i think ? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Getting really tired of inventory management. After every location I need to unload. Have just started keeping the legendary items. The way armour slots work is a bit annoying.
    there's no continuation after that specific quest - it gets the odd NPC mention here and there if you go with the BoS but other than XP you're not missing out on much

Yeah, turns out they arrive regardless and you won't get the quest to go to them until you help Danse the first time.

Trying to prevent losing quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Getting really tired of inventory management. After every location I need to unload. Have just started keeping the legendary items.

Oh yeah it's a total nightmare. Absolute masterclass in bad UI. The one saving grace is the dump-all-junk button. Would be completely unplayable without that. But the endless game of deciding what to take and what to leave - and having to dump stuff you previously picked up - is just such a waste of, and a total headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i just sell legendarys that i know i'll never use, they're worth a decent amount of caps usually. I'm running a pistol spec atm so i'm keeping those and rifles because i know i'll inevitably go back to them for sniper kills :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm sorry. I've tried really really hard to like this. However when I get a few hours to play games, I am playing BO3 and Hearthstone over this (two games that I usually turn on for 20 mins at a time).

The poor UI is inexcusable in 2015. Stinks of laziness.

50 euro cash in Cex. Yes please.

• Advertisement

Made another little clipshow, it's only a minute and a half - the last part caught me by surprise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I cant stop, im level 60 and have everything more or less found but im drawn in by the game so much. The DLC cant come fast enough.

I am at lvl 49, and still havent done
    Kellog, Glowing Sea, etc
    I was 36 before i even went to diamond city. Literally just wandering the wasteland every few nights fora few hours shooting everything i see. :P

Sporting an Overseer's Guardian with about 230ish damage and about 250 armour
    Destroyers peices, Overseers arms

This is my goddamn wasteland. You move, you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

i just sell legendarys that i know i'll never use, they're worth a decent amount of caps usually. I'm running a pistol spec atm so i'm keeping those and rifles because i know i'll inevitably go back to them for sniper kills :)

I usually do a selection for the loadout. Currently roaming with Kellog's pistol, a top of the range incendiary combat shotty (prefer it to le Fusils Terribles) and a sniper rifle. Assortment of grenades and mines etc. Added the Deliverer or whatever it's called recently.

Rocking with BoS heavy combat armour and a ballistic fibred-up army fatigues. Also have Reginald's suit in reserve for any time I might need CHR.

Anyone know if I've come across a bug with Paladin Brandis:
    I convince him to rejoin the brotherhood and he begins to head off, but immediately fancied that black BoS uniform he has, so I shot him in the head and he's dead :pac: . Anyway, back on the Prydwen this fella comes up to me and says hello and there he is, telling me he's Brandis and yacking away to me about a new haircut or something. I went back just to be sure and he's there, still brown bread in the bunker. I wondered straight away was this new fella a synth? Anyone know?

could be a bug?

Yeah, the .44 pistols are fcuking awesome! I have to actually get Kellog's one in this playthrough, i'm nearly level 50 and havent done anything in this one yet, just exploring with stealth and a silenced pistol spec :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there any way to check your companions loyalty level in the Pip-Boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Flirted with McCready last night and it worked. I'm a bit confused, should I go for the mooch or play hard to get now?

Also found
    Covenant
    and did the mission there with Honest Dan. Couldn't believe it when I finished it and they all went for me when I went back. I'll clear out the bodies later and stick a beacon up.... :pac:

RoF on Kellog's pistol is far too slow for me to enjoy.

Also degrass, I have no idea how you can stand to use iron sights!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Kind of annoying how many of the unique weapons are just for sale by a vendor isnt it? You'd expect a quest or two for them rather than just handing over all your caps (which I dont). Actually can you kill the vendor and just take it or will that break the area and make everyone hostile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Thargor wrote: »
    Kind of annoying how many of the unique weapons are just for sale by a vendor isnt it? You'd expect a quest or two for them rather than just handing over all your caps (which I dont). Actually can you kill the vendor and just take it or will that break the area and make everyone hostile?

Quicksave and try it. If your sneak is good enough and you have a sniper of some kind you might get away with not being seen doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im thinking they'll just slump down and get up again afetr a few seconds but Ill try tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Spectacle Island was the place, it is very cool massive Island that has good power in place already.

Yeah Mirelurk King and Queen there, easy enough to wipe out..

Island itself is massive with lots of stuff there for salvage. Pity you cant get rid of the old house there.

Nice spot though, I have built it up but I didnt put a beacon there, so hoping no settlers turn up ad ruin it for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Thargor wrote: »
    Im thinking they'll just slump down and get up again afetr a few seconds but Ill try tonight.

If you're in the mood of p*ssing off the natives you might also try pickpocketing them and see if that yields results. Breaking into their shop while they're asleep isn't a bad idea either. I remember in New Vegas you could find some of the unique vendor weapons in a physical location somewhere in the shop. Don't know if that's the case now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Have a glitch now where if I enter the prydwen to complete a mission my character starts sinking down through the airship And slowly down mid air and eventually under The game world .I wanted to stick with bos buts it's not possible now have to go against them

• Loved the Silver Shroud Quest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

khamilto wrote: »
    I think I am done.

I'm not quite sure how to explain my opinion on FO4.

It's compulsive rather than compelling.

I'll have to attack that obliquely. I enjoyed Fallout 3. It didn't pay homage to the previous games. Indeed, it learned nothing from the previous games, but it provided an enjoyable if poorly written and slightly hollow post apocalyptic exploration game.
    It wasn't amazing (despite the reviews at the time, which seemed to echo those for Oblivion), which was reflected in it's lack of lasting impact on gaming. Daggerfall is still frequently mentioned by both game journalists and gamers alike, despite being 19 years old. Similarly, Morrowind. Oh Morrowind.

New Vegas though. People who hadn't played previous Fallout games didn't seem to get New Vegas.
    It was smaller than FO3, more 'linear'. Less 'stuff' to do. They were modern gamers, who didn't understand that being able to set off in any direction is meaningless if the choice of direction has no consequences. FNV was a game about consequences. About atmosphere. About presenting a convincing enough representation of an area and societies that you could lose yourself in the character you played.

What Fallout 4 lacks is thematic constancy. Rather, Fallout 4 is a theme park. A mishmash of exciting and exhilarating rides that when taken as a whole, detracts from any of the individual.
    As a representation of post-nuclear apocalypse, it is completely and thoroughly unconvincing.

Because it's depiction of a world is unconvincing and lacks consistency, it always remains a 'game', just like a bad book is reading words on a page rather than losing yourself in an imagined world.

It is too busy. Too full. Too contradictory. There is no empty space, no flat space. No sense of distance or scale. No sense that time has passed, or that society had completely broken down and now replaced by something that would be utterly alien to the protagonist. The factions and the characters are laughably juvenile, there is no depth, subtlety or nuance to anything.

Because there is no humanity in any of the characters or story, we can't find the loss of humanity shocking.

Even that settlers aren't given random names is a testament to just how shallow Bethesda's creation is.

It is a collection of disparate compulsive systems masquerading as a world. Poorly.
    I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet. I he
    that it is everything FO4 isn't. I can dream.

FO3 had the best introduction, growing up in the vault but the ruins were very repetitive and the story always takes a back seat in these games as they are so long.

NV had better combat and more interesting locations but the story was very weak.

FO4 has good combat and locations but the story is not great. The sidemissions are varied and interesting though. The settlements are the real weak point. The interface is clunky and far too influenced by minecraft. It takes too long to do basic things.

The witcher is not really comparable to Fallout. It's too different and not for everyone.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Loved the Silver Shroud Quest :)

That was the point at which I decided that my character had experienced a full psychotic breakdown due to the trauma of the Vault.
    Potatoeman wrote: »
    FO4 has good combat and locations but the story is not great.

I thought the factions were quite well done. The arrival of the
    Prydwen
    is a very exciting moment, and the idea of a
    neo-Railroad, smuggling slave-synths out of the institute
    is quite original, really liked that. The
    mac-store appearance of the institute, where they actually have new, shiny things - where stuff is clean and not all run-down and decaying
    was down right shocking for a world built on the graveyard of civilisation.

It's just a shame that the story tying you to them, and them to each other, was so poorly executed.

There's a house somewhere in the Wasteland, that you have to convince the people through an intercom to let you in, there's a sentrybot outside. Is there any way to get in? I'm at full charisma, but can't convince them to let me in. Is there an alternative way, other than trying to blast my way in?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

There's a house somewhere in the Wasteland, that you have to convince the people through an intercom to let you in, there's a sentrybot outside. Is there any way to get in? I'm at full charisma, but can't convince them to let me in. Is there an alternative way, other than trying to blast my way in?
    Cabot House. You meet his minion Edward, a ghoul, in Bunker hill, and he tells you go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

You have to go to bunker hill first and speak with Edward Deegan (ghoul in soldier type gear). This activates a quest that then allows you into the house

• Advertisement

• There's a house somewhere in the Wasteland, that you have to convince the people through an intercom to let you in, there's a sentrybot outside. Is there any way to get in? I'm at full charisma, but can't convince them to let me in. Is there an alternative way, other than trying to blast my way in?

Think you are talking about this one;

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_of_Cabot_House

Great quest

Advertisement