Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

x43r0 wrote: »
    You have to go to bunker hill first and speak with Edward Deegan (ghoul in soldier type gear). This activates a quest that then allows you into the house
    Shougeki wrote: »
    Cabot House. You meet his minion Edward, a ghoul, in Bunker hill, and he tells you go there.

Oooh. OK. None of the wikis I looked at mentioned this, they all just said how I had to convince them to let me in using the intercom.

Also, I'm a little disappointed; in FO3, if you killed Threedog, he would be replaced by a disgruntled engineer on the radio. Killed the host and nothing happened, as far as I could tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Finally finished the main quests in this game. I felt it lost it's legs as the plot thickened. Still love the game nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My loading times jumped after that last update, anyone seen a thread discussing it anywhere?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thargor wrote: »
    My loading times jumped after that last update, anyone seen a thread discussing it anywhere?

My disc stopped working - the disc is perfect and the XBO spins it but the game doesnt boot.

• Thargor wrote: »

As in better?

• Advertisement

What's the best way to get oil? Have a hankering to mod a few of my weapons to the max, which I haven't been doing at all.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    As in better?
    No, as in doubled, maybe trebled...

What's the best way to get oil? Have a hankering to mod a few of my weapons to the max, which I haven't been doing at all.
    Tag it for search in the menu and collect any junk with a magnifying glass beside the name when out in the wild, I have all the gun mod parts tagged this way, wish I could tell a companion to gather up stuff like that instead of opening their trade window and seeing 50 pipe pistols.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

You can buy 25 from caravan venders. It's expensive but pretty much all I spend caps on. You can also make it but you need lots of bone.

Not sure if it was mentioned here but saw it on another site earlier, Diamond City should be visited on Dec. 25 on the in game clock :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Cutting Fluid at a chemistry station.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The end of the USS Constitution quest is brilliant.

Why cant you scrap old mods to get the stuff you spent on them back? so many little annoyances in this game, I regret not having the willpower to wait a year for an overhaul mod.

Did you ever notice how lazy they were with the "arrow in the knee" random dialouge in locations aswell? Sometimes you can have up to 6 NPCs all saying the same line about the Institute at different speeds, contrast that with the Witcher where you often had to stop to listen to a conversation because it was interesting.

• Thargor wrote: »
    No, as in doubled, maybe trebled...

Classic Bethesda

Patch a game / fix one thing break 5 others

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J. Marston wrote: »

That has to be one of my favourite quests in FO4.

• J. Marston wrote: »

Going to start that one at the weekend. It's on me check-list :P

I wasn't able to see it through, kept getting stuck in the
    lift , after the ship moves
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Going to start that one at the weekend. It's on me check-list :P

where do you pick up this quest? Never mind its to the wast of bunkerhill

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wasn't able to see it through, kept getting stuck in the
    lift , after the ship moves
    :(
    What lift?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I just read that the patch has released for ps4. If anyone had the crash bug at monsignor plaza, will ya let us know if it fixed the issue.

Seems to be fixed for pc, but I'm stuck in work and I'm dying to find out

• Advertisement

What lift?

When you finish up the quest
    and the ship moves to it's new perch on top up another building, there is a lift to get up there and visit them for an additional caps reward
    you get in the lift but it just keeps moving and never opens forcing you to reload to get out of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

When you finish up the quest
    and the ship moves to it's new perch on top up another building, there is a lift to get up there and visit them for an additional caps reward
    you get in the lift but it just keeps moving and never opens forcing you to reload to get out of it.

On my game it took a while for the elevator to reach the top. Not crazy long but longer than any other elevator I've taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

They've got things like the atom bomb, so I think I'll stay where I... OM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to see if it is possible to smash toilets with a sledgehammer while on psycho later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

Zillah wrote: »
    I thought the factions were quite well done. The arrival of the
    Prydwen
    is a very exciting moment
    It was exciting, but a Deus Ex Machina type moment and quite disappointing how little effect it had beyond crashing
    vertibirds
    and random fights in the Wasteland.

The idea of an underground railroad has been done to death in other RPGs, it's also both a literary and movie trope.

Aaaaand I'm not sure how an
    underground vault
    built by scientists being clean and 'modern' is shocking. If vaults hadn't been designed to fail, that's exactly how they would look.

Perhaps I am more jaded, but I found all the elements you listed as being relatively juvenile both in idea and in execution.

Indeed, the treatment of
    the BoS and Vault-Tec
    in both FO3/4 removed depth, nuance and subtlety from the already existing canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yea agree with the above, I just started the witcher 3 the other day and it's done so well I am glad I didn't play it before fallout 4 I probably would have liked it far less given that you get more rpg and depth in the first hour than I did in my 140 hr plus time in the wasteland, now il go to bed and dream of a cd project red fallout zzzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bring back the Enclave :) , the NCR and the Legion.....I hope they add them in with the DLC.

I think I've done everything in the game ....just wandering around now....not really interested in settlements or the infinite missions.
    I'm gonna get the 100% achievement for happiness though off on that Island. It's huge.
    I seen Robbaz built a prison :P (I didn't realise it was an optional settlement till I seen his video)

• where do you pick up this quest? Never mind its to the wast of bunkerhill

I only know the location of the ship. Haven't activated the quest yet but assume it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I only know the location of the ship. Haven't activated the quest yet but assume it's there.

just walk up towards it from bunker hill - try not to kill everything on your way :D

• Advertisement

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Yea agree with the above, I just started the witcher 3 the other day and it's done so well I am glad I didn't play it before fallout 4 I probably would have liked it far less given that you get more rpg and depth in the first hour than I did in my 140 hr plus time in the wasteland, now il go to bed and dream of a cd project red fallout zzzz.

Well they do have cyberpunk 2077 due out in about 12-18 months time. Won't be cdpr fallout but I still have high hopes for it :)

Advertisement