Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I've still yet to have any of my settlements attacked.
    Level 20, and i've done a bunch of settlement quests.

Annoyingly, they never attack the best defended ones. I put a raised tower bristling with laser turrets in the middle of Sanctuary, and the only time I got to see it operate was when I walked into one of the houses I had ignored and it spawned a couple of bugs. The laser turrets went fucking nuts. They were probably a hundred metres away and annihilated them with waves of lasers like they were death robots or something. It was awesome. Only time I got to see them fire. So much half-baked potential in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ Laser turrets eh? How very posh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Snip video

The mod page on the nexus has a video of Gatling Laser & VATS. Brilliant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Bring back the Enclave :) , the NCR and the Legion.....I hope they add them in with the DLC.

I think I've done everything in the game ....just wandering around now....not really interested in settlements or the infinite missions.
    I'm gonna get the 100% achievement for happiness though off on that Island. It's huge.
    I seen Robbaz built a prison :P (I didn't realise it was an optional settlement till I seen his video)

Why would the New California Republic or The Legion be in the DLC? California to Boston is 3000 miles. It's Fallout, there's a wealth of

I saw that this morning. I know what I'm installing when I get home.

Teeheehee. Pewpewpewpewpewpewpew.

If they could mod the laser muskets to go zzzZZZZAAAAAAP like Bart says in Homers Phobia (Simpsons S8E15) I'd be chuckling away all night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So i downloaded a new mod and then wanted to make a video of said mod...

Absolute fail.......pretty sure its obvious what my fatal flaw was....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

hahahaha loved the PC shítting itself at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Remember kids if your making a video with synths and BOS make sure its with a character who is not an enemy to both of them :D

PC said Nope at the end :(

You can almost hear your computer going, "wwwwhhhyyy?" at the end. :pac:

Man, it's really annoying getting messages about defending a settlement and then that you failed, because you couldn't be arsed. Does it have any impact whatsoever if you just let 'em get defeated?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Man, it's really annoying getting messages about defending a settlement and then that you failed, because you couldn't be arsed. Does it have any impact whatsoever if you just let 'em get defeated?

Settlers can die and any stuff you have built there, including turrets and even planted food can get destroyed, so if you're relying on settlements for resources or anything it can have an impact. If you don't care about settlements at all, then just carry on ignoring them, it won't matter.

• Advertisement

Don't think so. And if it does, **** them. They are your slaves.Apologies, your subjects. They need to man the **** up and defend themselves. :P

On a better note, there is a Mod on the nexus that flashes up a box when you are getting assaulted. I think there is one attempting to move the radiant missions also, but havent tried it.

Shougeki wrote: »
    Don't think so. And if it does, **** them. They are your slaves.Apologies, your subjects. They need to man the **** up and defend themselves. :P

On a better note, there is a Mod on the nexus that flashes up a box when you are getting assaulted. I think there is one attempting to move the radiant missions also, but havent tried it.

To be fair I took a trip to the Drive In settlement and watched about 30 of my minions absolutely slaughter a gang of super mutants. It was actually a thing of beauty, wish I saved the clip of it.

Im using the mod for the pop ups, and also a settler batch file. Now the batch file does give the guards combat armour, but I have absolute metric ****ton in a box in my house, so doesn't feel like cheating. I leave there weapons as the normal piss poor pipe crap, and they seem grand.
    I've been seeing a few more lengendaries last time I hit up some of those places recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Uriel. wrote: »
    So bongo, bongo, bongo I don't want to leave the Congo, oh-no-no-no-no-no
    Bingle, bangle, bungle I'm so happy in the jungle, I refuse to go
    HE'S HACKIN' AND WHACKIN' AND SMACKIN'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Theres not enough legendary deathclaws if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've got no less than two Quests that seem to be "stuck" or locked in a loop on the PS4.
    I thought the patch would have fixed them for me, but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Zillah wrote: »
    Annoyingly, they never attack the best defended ones. I put a raised tower bristling with laser turrets in the middle of Sanctuary, and the only time I got to see it operate was when I walked into one of the houses I had ignored and it spawned a couple of bugs. The laser turrets went fucking nuts. They were probably a hundred metres away and annihilated them with waves of lasers like they were death robots or something. It was awesome. Only time I got to see them fire. So much half-baked potential in this game.

I think your food and resources have to be greater than your defence to make an attack worth while for raiders. Build some industrial water purifiers and they will attack soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Uranium fever has done and got me down,
    Uranium fever is spreadin' all around,
    With a Geiger counter in my hand,
    I'm a-goin' out to stake me some government land,
    Uranium fever has done and got me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I managed to find a full set of X 01 armour at lvl 30. When looking it up this makes me very very lucky. Along with my auto weapon with kneecapper very little can give me trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Uranium fever has done and got me down,
    Uranium fever is spreadin' all around,
    With a Geiger counter in my hand,
    I'm a-goin' out to stake me some government land,
    Uranium fever has done and got me down.

The fact that these songs were around and are actual songs is weird.

You would forgiven for thinking they made the game and then outsourced the songs to bands or groups

"Ok ...Band A....your keyword is 'Fallout', and we need a 50's style number for it"
    "Ok...Band B..let's see...Fallout is taken.....next keyword is..."Uranium Shelter"....put that in a song" "Uranium shelter ?..really ? how do I make a song with that ?"
    "Just shut up, here's money..go make it...also..50's style please"
    "We also have , Radiation , Nuclear, Atomic Bomb and wasteland on the list....any takers ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The fact that these songs were around and are actual songs is weird.

You would forgiven for thinking they made the game and then outsourced the songs to bands or groups

"Ok ...Band A....your keyword is 'Fallout', and we need a 50's style number for it"
    "Ok...Band B..let's see...Fallout is taken.....next keyword is..."Uranium Shelter"....put that in a song" "Uranium shelter ?..really ? how do I make a song with that ?"
    "Just shut up, here's money..go make it...also..50's style please"
    "We also have , Radiation , Nuclear, Atomic Bomb and wasteland on the list....any takers ?"
    The cold war sparked nuclear imagination for a whole generation of Americans, and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Uranium fever was real like the Gold Rush though, people thought everything would be running on it soon, there used to be ads for Geiger counters and that kind of thing in Sears catalogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Are traders linked?
    I have like 8k in purified water now and find if I sell in sanctuary then travel around all vendors are empty except for water.

If that's the case it really is pointless having multiple base s. I just use nordhagen beach to farm water and stores

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

4 days 6 hours 54 minutes and I still haven't seen everything yet. This is my game of the year hands down.

Anyone go down a deep hole to get the Stealth Bobblehead? Pretty freaky mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

They should add markers in for where your companions are. I can't think where I sent McCready to and I want to do a bit of his quest. :(

Finished Cait's quest last night. Jesus, she's annoying as hell. I'll be shot of her as soon as I get back on this evening. I convinced her into the
    decontamination chair in the vault
    half in the hope it'd kill her.

Who else has questlines? I don't know if Strong does, but he admires me no end. Think Valentine does, but I haven't done that yet. I'll do him after McCready (if I can find the bollix!). I think I can pick Piper, the Mayor of Goodneighbour and Sheffield as followers. Sheffield seems like he might have something in the background, I might give him a belt next.

Found
    Billy Peabody
    the other day, thought it was one of the funniest things I'd seen in a while. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Anyone any comments on if vendors are linked.

I also have several bases set up with mass amount of water, but the yield is very buggy to be fair.

Some days I can have 200+ water, other like 12.

And how long does it take to replenish.

They really were tight cnuts with the leveling for some of the perks such as Gun Nut and Science weren't they? The game will nearly be over by the time you get to access the high level mods...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Thargor wrote: »
    They really were tight cnuts with the leveling for some of the perks such as Gun Nut and Science weren't they? The game will nearly be over by the time you get to access the high level mods...

Ah I dunno, I have the 4th tier out of 5 unlocked and haven't visited Diamond City yet so I'll have my weapons maxed out by the time I start

Advertisement