Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah Ive stopped right before I went into the Glowing Sea and am traveling around doing all the companion quests now and any secondaries I come across. It really is a great game tbh whatever about its flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

When you do get to that 4th rank of gun nut, though, you're pretty much unstoppable. I ran into a Savage Deathclaw in a church yesterday and while I was a bit shocked to see him, I just blasted him with my incendiary combat shotgun. I'm level 43 and he had one of those icons to indicate he was a good few levels higher than me. Pretty much the same with everyone now.

Find myself using Kellog's pistol mostly now. I did buy a Gauss Rifle which has 345 ballistic damage, so that might change.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Thargor wrote: »
    They really were tight cnuts with the leveling for some of the perks such as Gun Nut and Science weren't they? The game will nearly be over by the time you get to access the high level mods...

You're doing it wrong :P Pick up weapons from slain foes and strip the mods off them. Throw the weapon away. Apply choice mods to your own weapon. Fully upgrade your weapons without ever getting Gun Nut or Science perks. :D

You're doing it wrong :P Pick up weapons from slain foes and strip the mods off them. Throw the weapon away. Apply choice mods to your own weapon. Fully upgrade your weapons without ever getting Gun Nut or Science perks. :D
    Think Ive picked up one incendiary laser rifle in the 40 hours or so Ive put in so far, will be waiting a while using this strategy!

When you do get to that 4th rank of gun nut, though, you're pretty much unstoppable. I ran into a Savage Deathclaw in a church yesterday and while I was a bit shocked to see him, I just blasted him with my incendiary combat shotgun. I'm level 43 and he had one of those icons to indicate he was a good few levels higher than me. Pretty much the same with everyone now.

Find myself using Kellog's pistol mostly now. I did buy a Gauss Rifle which has 345 ballistic damage, so that might change.
    Kellogs pistol? I barely ever used it, is there some perk to it besides refilling the AP on a crit?

• Advertisement

• You're doing it wrong :P Pick up weapons from slain foes and strip the mods off them. Throw the weapon away. Apply choice mods to your own weapon. Fully upgrade your weapons without ever getting Gun Nut or Science perks. :D

Great spot.

My second play-though I will try this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Kellogs pistol? I barely ever used it, is there some perk to it besides refilling the AP on a crit?

TBH I hadn't a notion that it did anything in relation to the crit AP! No perk that I know of, I just like the look of it and with the small guns perk maxed (I confused Gun Nut with this perk and Rifleman Perk), it's a pretty legend gun. Looks cool with the big barrel on it too, though not when you're in power armour - all small guns look like little water pistols when you're in that crap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'd have gone bonkers waiting to find the right ones. So much waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Great spot.

My second play-though I will try this out!

I find it adds a bit of extra interest to looting corpses. Nice little surprise of "Oooh that's a nice little mod you've got there". It suddenly started to make sense to me why they put weapon workbenches in a lot of place too.
    Zillah wrote: »
    I'd have gone bonkers waiting to find the right ones. So much waiting.

You have to just take them as they come and try not to be waiting on specific things. That way madness lies! It does mean you free up... what, 8 levels worth of perks for other things? It's well worth it in my view. It means I've got 10 STR, 10 INT and Lone Wanderer instead. So I can carry loads and level up quickly. Suits my style.

Shoot enemy power armour in the fusion core round the back with 2.0 sneak damage and a powerful weapon like a .50 cal sniper and watch the fusion core swell up and glow bright red before they blow like a mini-nuke :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm level 13 now. Came out of the BOS Training Centre last night and got attacked by a Sentry Bot. I had to leg it around the building twice and then up onto the roof. Took me a half an hour to kill the fecker from there but the explosion was glorious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm level 13 now. Came out of the BOS Training Centre last night and got attacked by a Sentry Bot. I had to leg it around the building twice and then up onto the roof. Took me a half an hour to kill the fecker from there but the explosion was glorious :D

Great salvage, too. Love those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zillah wrote: »
    Great salvage, too. Love those guys.

I got two Fusion Cores out of him.

I'm finding it very hard to get into the game at the minute to be honest.

Nothing is explained at all in regards to Armour, Weapons, Settlements, Upgrading Gear or Mechanics ie Sneak Attacks (I'd no idea that was a thing until I say it mentioned here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Shoot enemy power armour in the fusion core round the back with 2.0 sneak damage and a powerful weapon like a .50 cal sniper and watch the fusion core swell up and glow bright red before they blow like a mini-nuke :D

I did that to a raider in Revere beach station. He rang at his friends and took them all out. Hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I romanced McCready because I wanted the headshot perk....

Then I couldn't look him in the eye so sent him to live in the Red Rocket Truck Stop on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I romanced McCready because I wanted the headshot perk....

Then I couldn't look him in the eye so sent him to live in the Red Rocket Truck Stop on his own.

That perk is unbelieveable - pretty much guarantees headshots in VATS at even super long distance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

The OCD inside me is torn by the fact you cant remove dead bodies from your settlements :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

can drag em outside if you like - hide em that way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

That kid who got mole rat disease is so lucky I only noticed I was infected after I had given it to him....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Soby wrote: »
    The OCD inside me is torn by the fact you cant remove dead bodies from your settlements :(

That and the shrubs are a curse

• Advertisement

Wossack wrote: »
    can drag em outside if you like - hide em that way

Cant move em at all ? . Maybe dead settlers or soemthing you can ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

it saying they're too heavy? cause Ive had no issues dumping raiders back outside

hold down 'e' to move em (on pc)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Cant move em at all ? . Maybe dead settlers or soemthing you can ?

Can you put them under the foundation blocks for a new shack? Havent tried that yet... Also would be fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Found a 40lb barbell plus weights in some hardware shop. Sweet!

Wossack wrote: »
    it saying they're too heavy? cause Ive had no issues dumping raiders back outside

hold down 'e' to move em (on pc)

maybe raiders you can but i mean bodies from settlements you've "cleared". So dead mole rants , gouls etc...

Also its a shame given you can paint your Power Armour and baseball bat you can add paint/camo to weapons

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Found a 40lb barbell plus weights in some hardware shop. Sweet!
    What does it do?

What does it do?

I want to see if I can use it as a weapon or turn it into a weapon. Would be great for smashing raiders heads in.

40lb barbell
    uses
    Lead x10

Thats all :P

40lb barbell
    uses
    Lead x10

Thats all :P

So I was carrying Lead. Goodbye Lead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I want to see if I can use it as a weapon or turn it into a weapon. Would be great for smashing raiders heads in.

Would it work in the junk jet? Something that heavy might do a lot of damage.

Advertisement