Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Game has gone stale for me...not much else to find.

There was one story though I can remember slightly...that I wanted to know more about. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks here...

It's a like an old mechanics shack/workshop, and outside and inside is trapped. Also there is a high level of radiation.
    Inside there are some robots the person was working on....and you can find a letters/journals (can't remember which) basically saying that someone went off with the kid or something.
    I think you can also go downstairs in the place where there are some more bits and bobs....sound familiar to anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Sounds like Virgil's cave in the Glowing Sea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Some amazing mod's available. I played through the game and got near the end. Ruined my save file somehow (Deleted files, and had no backup...)

Decided to change a few things. Visual and performance upgrades are available, including some bug fixes that developers havn't gotten around to yet.

Very happy on my second play through! Enjoying it much more than the first as my first run, I went melee only, and it was too easy. (Played on very hard).

Think i'll try survivor soon. Playing with pistols and shotguns only for a laugh for the last few levels. Really fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm playing 90% with a silenced pistol at the moment.

The Deliverer is an absolute beast for sneak characters. With Gunslinger, Mister Sandman and Ninja combined I am 1-shotting most enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Can I just check something - I was reading that if you store a junk item in the workbench and it is made of multiple items, if you don't drop it and dismantle it through the workbench, if you create an item that uses one of the parts, the other parts are just gone.

Is that actually true?

I feel like I'm always looking for screws and never have any!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can I just check something - I was reading that if you store a junk item in the workbench and it is made of multiple items, if you don't drop it and dismantle it through the workbench, if you create an item that uses one of the parts, the other parts are just gone.

Is that actually true?

I think there's just a bit of a delay in them showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Soby wrote: »
    The OCD inside me is torn by the fact you cant remove dead bodies from your settlements :(

If you get rid of the bodies how are you supposed to make the blood shrine that serves as a warning to your enemies?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Is that actually true?

if screws are anything like gears, I reckon when you dismantle something you get a gear (singular), and its x amount of 'gear', makes one 'gears'.

I think anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Game has gone stale for me...not much else to find.

There was one story though I can remember slightly...that I wanted to know more about. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks here...

It's a like an old mechanics shack/workshop, and outside and inside is trapped. Also there is a high level of radiation.
    Inside there are some robots the person was working on....and you can find a letters/journals (can't remember which) basically saying that someone went off with the kid or something.
    I think you can also go downstairs in the place where there are some more bits and bobs....sound familiar to anyone ?

Is it the electrical/ mechanical hobbyist club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Some amazing mod's available. I played through the game and got near the end. Ruined my save file somehow (Deleted files, and had no backup...)

Decided to change a few things. Visual and performance upgrades are available, including some bug fixes that developers havn't gotten around to yet.

Very happy on my second play through! Enjoying it much more than the first as my first run, I went melee only, and it was too easy. (Played on very hard).

Think i'll try survivor soon. Playing with pistols and shotguns only for a laugh for the last few levels. Really fun :D

No mods on steam. Wish I knew this before I bought my copy there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Potatoeman wrote: »
    No mods on steam. Wish I knew this before I bought my copy there.

Don't know who told you that. Here you go: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/

Dermo wrote: »
    Don't know who told you that. Here you go: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/

There was a workshop for skyrim on steam but wont be available on FO4. I don't know if you can easily mod without it on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Yeah, the mods are fine on steam, with the caveat that when the last patch was released they screwed with the files:
    Solution:
    Use Nexus Mod Manager.
    Disable mods, open launcher, enable mods.
    Start game from NMM. This will then rewad only the relevant files, and you can start as normal, until you do more modding.

I have about a dozen mods installed on my steam version.
    Most important for me are: Full Text Dialogue, and Settlement attack Pop Ups, and more music :P

Shougeki wrote: »
    Yeah, the mods are fine on steam, with the caveat that when the last patch was released they screwed with the files:
    Solution:
    Use Nexus Mod Manager.
    Disable mods, open launcher, enable mods.
    Start game from NMM. This will then rewad only the relevant files, and you can start as normal, until you do more modding.

I have about a dozen mods installed on my steam version.
    Most important for me are: Full Text Dialogue, and Settlement attack Pop Ups, and more music :P

Cheers, I want the more music one. Does the autoupdate on steam not cause issues?

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Cheers, I want the more music one. Does the autoupdate on steam not cause issues?

You just need to do as I said above with the disable, enable, launch from NMM jiggle for the first time after an update. Or at least the last update anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I've started giving more time to settlement building as I only did the bare minimum in my first play-through. Really getting into it so far

Came across this guy's video of restoring the castle and it had me in stitches. The guy's anger at the little annoyances in the building system is hilarious. He spends most of the video giving serious building advice and then every minute or cuts through it with sarcastic anger

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

x43r0 wrote: »
    I've started giving more time to settlement building as I only did the bare minimum in my first play-through. Really getting into it so far

Came across this guy's video of restoring the castle and it had me in stitches. The guy's anger at the little annoyances in the building system is hilarious. He spends most of the video giving serious building advice and then every minute or cuts through it with sarcastic anger

Haven't watched the video but I rebuilt the castle and it is seriously frustrating. I've never wanted to punch my screen more in my life.

https://i.imgur.com/i65UTdX.jpg

EDIT: Actually Ill spoiler it as it shows a companion you might not know about...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That gif takes forever to load. When you get to that size you should just upload it as a video. Loads quicker and smoother.

Loading times for simple gifs? Ah I see you're a mod of IT Sligo :D

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Loading times for simple gifs? Ah I see you're a mod of IT Sligo :D

I've the choice of 240Mb from UPC and 1Gb from Siro and Eir. Sligo is no longer stuck in the dark ages... well not for broadband at least. :D

Discovered that I can send my companion absolutely flying with some strategically placed gas canisters. Tried shooting him with a fatman before and he just stood there, so this is great.

Just finished my first game guide and I'd like to think it came out OK:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Would it work in the junk jet? Something that heavy might do a lot of damage.

Yeah, I can use the barbell and weights in the junk jet. Tried them on a raider and when I got up and close to him using the junk jet, the 10lb weight inflicted serious damage and the 5lb weight finished him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Is it the electrical/ mechanical hobbyist club?

Yeah, I'm nearly sure that's it. Did you find out any more on the story ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Zillah wrote: »
    If you get rid of the bodies how are you supposed to make the blood shrine that serves as a warning to your enemies?

I keep mine in a pile in the river in Sanctuary Hills. I'm hoping to create a Raider Island.

How are you expected to mod a Power Armour suit? You would have to scour the wasteland for every bit of junk and collect and scrap every weapon the enemies drop for the whole game to do it once. I found an X-01 suit last night in the Glowing Sea and ran home all excited to fix it up and mod away its horrible rusty brown colour and add a few good bits but the requirements are insane, fixing it drained most of my stuff. Can I scrap old power armour? Forgot to check that...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

How are you expected to mod a Power Armour suit? You would have to scour the wasteland for every bit of junk and collect and scrap every weapon the enemies drop for the whole game to do it once. I found an X-01 suit last night in the Glowing Sea and ran home all excited to fix it up and mod away its horrible rusty brown colour and add a few good bits but the requirements are insane, fixing it drained most of my stuff. Can I scrap old power armour? Forgot to check that...

Aluminium becomes a serious issue for X-01. I stole everything not bolted down at the
    Institute
    for it. Ceramic can be gotten from coffee cups and plates (lol).

Also Hot Rod paint is free.

Also it's X-01 power armor, maintaining and upgrading it should be expensive. Basic power armor just requires steel to repair.

Doh, been ignoring coffee cups and plates since the start. Didnt realise there was a difference between suits, looks like Ill have a ghetto suit for day to day and the X01 for story missions, dont know why I care so much anyway I never use them :D

Game badly needs a way to tell your settlers to go gather materials, or a companion that runs around grabbing this stuff instead of 30 pipe pistols (Nick).

• Advertisement

Doh, been ignoring coffee cups and plates since the start. Didnt realise there was a difference between suits, looks like Ill have a ghetto suit for day to day and the X01 for story missions, dont know why I care so much anyway I never use them :D

Game badly needs a way to tell your settlers to go gather materials, or a companion that runs around grabbing this stuff instead of 30 pipe pistols (Nick).

Believe you are thinking of a scavenging station.....

Advertisement